Robbie.... (merged threads)

Rawrrrrrrr

The Mighty Thor

I'm no Robbie fan but the second goal was 100% down to the bombscare at left back.

he was in front of Burke when the ball was thrown in and made a half arsed attempt to clear it when it was already past him. To not be goal side of a winger that's torn you a new one all game is criminal. I teach kids that at under 10 level and they get it. A supposed professional gets rolled and it's domino. 2-0. Game over.

Yes Robbie poor but he pales when compared to Goncalves.

?2 million? Never in his lifetime, not even on FM 2008.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes they can, and I believe they both are at fault, but it appears that only one cops the flack on here. :sad:

Aye, Goncalves gets it easy right enough.

Nucky Thompson

The ball came to the back post for a tap in where Robbie should have been, it's not if it was a break away and he was up the park and out of position, he had been standing right next to the hun:mad: Robbie should be playing fecking junior football. Get him to feck ASAP...

Yes they can, and I believe they both are at fault, but it appears that only one cops the flack on here. :sad:

They are both utter P*SH. Is that fair enough for you ?? :)

Neither of them should be anywhere near the Hearts first team and it says it all about the direction the team has taken that they are. Total embarassment.

I'm no Robbie fan but the second goal was 100% down to the bombscare at left back.

he was in front of Burke when the ball was thrown in and made a half arsed attempt to clear it when it was already past him. To not be goal side of a winger that's torn you a new one all game is criminal. I teach kids that at under 10 level and they get it. A supposed professional gets rolled and it's domino. 2-0. Game over.

Yes Robbie poor but he pales when compared to Goncalves.

?2 million? Never in his lifetime, not even on FM 2008.

So Neilsons decision to leave Darchville totally unmarked in the box was not a critical error in your opinion???:confused:

I pity the under 10's you are coaching! ;)

Well he doesnt get a weekly thread in his honour. :P

Maybe its out of pity. Whilst Robbie could probably get away with dropped down to the first or second division and looking ok, Jose would probably have to consider a career change. I am terrified whenever he gets the ball. Completely and utterly clueless.

Never a footballer in a million years.

Neither one of our full backs is good enough for a team of our aspirations. The sooner they are both replaced the better. We have persevered with Robbie in particular for far too long...enough is enough. Come on Vlad dig deep!!!

The Old Tolbooth

The way I saw it the first goal was Jose's fault, and the second goal was Jose's fault! He's freekin murder!

He only had to clear the ball up the park for the first goal and he slices it straight back to a hun!!! Sunday league stuff at best!!

Second goal was just a disaster and that ball should never have come across in the first place, hisn markings shocking, his positioning is shocking, his tackling is namby pamby, and his distribution is a bit like Stevie Wonders, the worst I have ever seen!!!

Fair enough Robbie was pish last night too as per usual, but lets not make someone a scapegoat when they dont actually deserve it, I do however agree that we have the two worst full backs in world football and they need to both **** off!

We have persevered with Robbie in particular for far too long...enough is enough. Come on Vlad dig deep!!!

To get a quality right back he may need to "dig deep" a little. To get a better right back than Neilson he would only need to pluck a full back from any number of 1st or 2nd division sides.

So Neilsons decision to leave Darchville totally unmarked in the box was not a critical error in your opinion???:confused:

Darcheville jinked left as the ball was coming in. Neilson was right to try to cut the ball out but it was a very high quality cross and Darcheville knocked it in.

No blame for Neilson on that goal.

The Mighty Thor

behave yourself.

Watch it again. The ball in to Darcheville was very good, between defence and keeper and if Robbie (or anyone else) had got there it would probably have been an OG anyways.

I pity the under 10's I coach too. :)

Harry Kinnear
Maybe its out of pity. Whilst Robbie could probably get away with dropped down to the first or second division and looking ok, Jose would probably have to consider a career change. I am terrified whenever he gets the ball. Completely and utterly clueless.

Never a footballer in a million years.

Didn't somebody suggest rugby or athletics on a post a few months ago

Great, Joncalves was equally murder last night and was at fault for the 2nd goal before the ball came anywhere near Neilson, but who gets the abuse?? Surprise effin surprise.

Both full backs were gash last night, but I remember a lot more errors made by Jose than Neilson.

Agreed, last night was poor for both full backs, Robbie cost us with a needless foul, Jose couldn't clear his plate never mind the ball. It's so frustrating. I honestly don't see much wrong with our central defensive pairing, if we could augment that with two decent full backs we would have a solid unit again.

The clock is ticking......

Two full backs in the next 13 hours please.

Darcheville jinked left as the ball was coming in. Neilson was right to try to cut the ball out but it was a very high quality cross and Darcheville knocked it in.

Coco stop making things up mate.

Neilson was standing close behind Darchville on the edge of the box with a full view of what was happening out on wing.

HE then ran past Darchville towards the centre of our 6 yard line - Darchville didn't have to "jink left" - Robbie was ball watching and instead of marking the only Hun in the box he wandered over when Burke was already getting closed down by 2 Hearts defenders. Neilson was left in no mans land for one simple reason - HE ran into no mans land!!

The "very high quality" cross you refer to was basically a pass to man left totally unmarked by ROBBIE NEILSON!

Coco stop making things up mate.

Neilson was standing close behind Darchville on the edge of the box with a full view of what was happening out on wing.

HE then ran past Darchville towards the centre of our 6 yard line - Darchville didn't have to "jink left" - Robbie was ball watching and instead of marking the only Hun in the box he wandered over when Burke was already getting closed down by 2 Hearts defenders. Neilson was left in no mans land for one simple reason - HE ran into no mans land!!

The "very high quality" cross you refer to was basically a pass to man left totally unmarked by ROBBIE NEILSON!

Well you will not be surprised that I do not agree for the reasons I gave. Darcheville jinked left as he ran in. He could easily have jinked right. Neilson was right to go for the higher percentage move towards the ball to 1) cut the ball off or 2) block Darcheville if he had jinked right rather than his other lower percentage option of heading towards the back post. Neilson just as for Karipidis failed to cut out a very high quality cross. Blame is on Goncalves.

behave yourself.

Watch it again. The ball in to Darcheville was very good, between defence and keeper and if Robbie (or anyone else) had got there it would probably have been an OG anyways.

I pity the under 10's I coach too. :)

I have watched it again mate - believe me!!!:mad:

The ball that was played in was only possible because Neilson ran in to a nonsensical position. If he had man marked Darchville (as he was in position to do at the edge of the box) then he would not have been caught in a position to score a OG, nor would Darchville have a free tap in.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah!

Neilson didn't try to cut the ball out. He watched it completely losing track of the man he was supposed to be picking up.

Schoolboy stuff.

Neither of them should be near the side so blame Romanov / Frail etc for that.

The fact Neilson has survived the cull of the last 2 years is down to one thing and one thing only - NOBODY ELSE WANTS HIM. All the good players have gone, but oh what a shock he is still here. That's cos he is s***e.

Goncalves is like a high jumper trying to play football and the decision to turn down in excess of 1 million pounds for our very own bambi on ice says it all about Romanov's football knowledge.

Well you will not be surprised that I do not agree for the reasons I gave. Darcheville jinked left as he ran in. He could easily have jinked right. Neilson was right to go for the higher percentage move towards the ball to 1) cut the ball off or 2) block Darcheville if he had jinked right rather than his other lower percentage option of heading towards the back post. Neilson just as for Karipidis failed to cut out a very high quality cross. Blame is on Goncalves.

Your right no surprise at all.;)

Neilson was marking Darchville standing close behind him on the edge of the box. He would have seen that Burke was getting closed down by 2 defenders so his job was to stick with Darchville.

By the time Darchville was "jinking" left, Robbie had already decided to wander towards the ball and left HIS man totally unmarked - how can that decision ever be termed the "high percentage option"??:wacko:

jose was @ fault for the 2nd goal.

if he'd been goal side of his marker, instead beside him & trying to cut the ball out with his right foot! :dribble: he may just have stopped burke. certainly burke wouldn't have got a free run in on goal to pick his pass.

we knew beforehand that burke would be dangerous but we did nothing to stop it. jose palyed his ususal game Miko tended not to track back as much.

wallace for the lirtle time he was on stayed TIGHt to burke, something Jose should learn or be dropped. :mad:

Your right no surprise at all.;)

Neilson was marking Darchville standing close behind him on the edge of the box. He would have seen that Burke was getting closed down by 2 defenders so his job was to stick with Darchville.

By the time Darchville was "jinking" left, Robbie had already decided to wander towards the ball and left HIS man totally unmarked - how can that decision ever be termed the "high percentage option"??:wacko:

There is no point in discussing things with you.

meridian jambo

Full backs were both awful and have been for a while. Personally I would like some of the young team given a chance now. We won't get relegated and sometimes fresh faces can give us all a lift.

Unless of course we have a new manager and a load of new signings being announced before midnight....well I can dream.

There is no point in discussing things with you.

Particularly if you do not remove your Robbie tinted spectacles! ;)

jose was @ fault for the 2nd goal.

if he'd been goal side of his marker, instead beside him & trying to cut the ball out with his right foot! :dribble: he may just have stopped burke. certainly burke wouldn't have got a free run in on goal to pick his pass.

we knew beforehand that burke would be dangerous but we did nothing to stop it. jose palyed his ususal game Miko tended not to track back as much.

wallace for the lirtle time he was on stayed TIGHt to burke, something Jose should learn or be dropped. :mad:

So Neilson wandering about in the box like a headless chicken and ending up falling on his er$e was OK was it? :wacko:

Yes he made a few bad passes, but he also bailed us out twice at other points and generally was no worse than the rest

If I was him Id want out because he is clearly everyones favourite scapegoat

He was no worse than driver, stewart, jose, karapidis or velicka tonight yet this lot dont get the same threads

What makes it worse is a lot of them are by people who didnt even go

Robbie neilson was a disgrace last night!! he is simply not good enough! Why do any fans like him!! he is not a football player,time for him to move on, but still the weegie media think he is ok cause he is scottish!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Lambo it was Robbie Neilsons fault FFS. :rolleyes:

You feeling better now?

Not really - I will only feel better when we have a RB with -

Pace

Positional sense

Passing ability

Crossing ability

Ball control

The Mighty Thor
Not really - I will only feel better when we have a RB with -

Pace

Positional sense

Passing ability

Crossing ability

Ball control

Keeper, Left back, solid centre half, midfielders, forwards? or is this purely an anti-robbie rant?

becuase whilst i agree Robbie ain't great he's the proverbial tip of the iceberg.

Robbie neilson was a disgrace last night!! he is simply not good enough! Why do any fans like him!! he is not a football player,time for him to move on, but still the weegie media think he is ok cause he is scottish!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its amazing the number of new members who appear on threads like this. :sad:

Keeper, Left back, solid centre half, midfielders, forwards? or is this purely an anti-robbie rant?

becuase whilst i agree Robbie ain't great he's the proverbial tip of the iceberg.

Your spot on mate - Neilson is the TIP of the iceberg and has to be the FIRST to go!

We also need a left back, box to box midfielder and a goalscorer.

Guest JamboRobbo

Everything is robbies fault. surely you know that by now.

AGREED!

Guest JamboRobbo
Your spot on mate - Neilson is the TIP of the iceberg and has to be the FIRST to go!

Spot on . The tip of the iceberg is always the bit you need to deal with as that causes the most damage. :rolleyes:

Everything is robbies fault. surely you know that by now.

No JR, unlike the Robbie-ites who NEVER think it's Robbies fault, I do not think EVERYTHING is his fault.

My specific point on this thread is that regardless of Goncalves not clearing the ball in a wide position, Neilson's walk about in the box was one piece of criminal defending.

Spot on . The tip of the iceberg is always the bit you need to deal with as that causes the most damage. :rolleyes:

The tip of the iceberg is the most obvious sign of danger! ;)

Lambo on an anti-robbie rant, noooooooooooo

Am starting to think there is more too it, kind of like when you said nasty things to the girl at school who you fancied. ;)

:movethatass:

Snake Plissken

Robbie's performance was abysmal last night - needless foul in the build-up to the first goal (which never in a million years should have been allowed in any case) and looked lost at the second.

He gives his all and I wish other players had his attitude but his limited ability has shown up badly of late. Get Maybury signed until the end of the season please!

Guest JamboRobbo
The tip of the iceberg is the most obvious sign of danger! ;)

Indeed. It's the bit that is panicked about by those who don't realise there are bigger problems hidden just below the surface.

Lambo on an anti-robbie rant, noooooooooooo

Am starting to think there is more too it, kind of like when you said nasty things to the girl at school who you fancied. ;)

:movethatass:

My secret is out!!:wacko:

Indeed. It's the bit that is panicked about by those who don't realise there are bigger problems hidden just below the surface.

Deep thinking JR!

Robbie = Iceberg = Titanic = Disaster = Robbie!!

;)

portobellojambo1
Yes he made a few bad passes, but he also bailed us out twice at other points and generally was no worse than the rest

He was no worse than driver, stewart, jose, karapidis or velicka tonight yet this lot dont get the same threads

Well lets hope he thinks in a similar manner to you. His departure and replacement would be a huge boost.

I do agree that the all the boys were average last night, but Robbie just hasnt offered very much in attack (long throw-ins aside) and he has never really looked comfortable in posession. I think he would be better as a no-nonsense central defender. I remember when Elvis joined Hearts and JJ played him at RB, to accomodate Weir & Ritchie; and he played a lot like Neilson. Jose is the same.

Archived