TRAFFIC TOTAL JOKE CHAOS

Jambo2006

Me and my mate drove to the game tonight, the roads to the So called national stadium , total disgrace and yet they are holding the commonwealth games there, that lot cant run a raffle thru there with traffic management

Hearts fans stuck for miles loads arriving late for the match, we were fotunate to make it in time for the KO, some less fortunate, police me thinks deliberately holding up the traffic as when we got past the 2 coppers in rutherglen it was a clear run til we got parked.

Then on the way out it was a shambles being diverted near Motherwell down the M74, Traffic again tailing back miles.

Seemed a deliberate ploy to Pess us all off further

Me and my mate drove to the game tonight, the roads to the So called national stadium , total disgrace and yet they are holding the commonwealth games there, that lot cant run a raffle thru there with traffic management

Hearts fans stuck for miles loads arriving late for the match, we were fotunate to make it in time for the KO, some less fortunate, police me thinks deliberately holding up the traffic as when we got past the 2 coppers in rutherglen it was a clear run til we got parked.

Then on the way out it was a shambles being diverted near Motherwell down the M74, Traffic again tailing back miles.

Seemed a deliberate ploy to Pess us all off further

Sounds like you were on the same bus as me.Linlithgow and District.By far Hampden is the worst ground to get to and leave from.They should build a new national stadium in Stirling.All major roads lead to Stirling.:)

Sounds like you were on the same bus as me.Linlithgow and District.By far Hampden is the worst ground to get to and leave from.They should build a new national stadium in Stirling.All major roads lead to Stirling.:)

I was driving

What annoyed me is the massive Hampden sign outside one of the stands that reads "Scotlands National Stadium".

It completely misses out the apostrophe and, IMO, acts only as further evidence that those who run every aspect of football in Scotland couldn't tell their arse from their elbow.

I must have missed the diversions

I was in the estate opposite hampden

Came out and drove right to the city centre and M8, was pretty much clear

Of course I did almost mow down a few weegies and the useless copper got ignored;)

It happens all the time when there is an event on at Hampden the powers that be like to add to the fun by closeing one or other road off. U2 concert couple years ago they had about 10mls of the East bound M8 1 lane shut but no one working.:mad:

Took us over 2 hours to get out a 'car park' (field) one time...Nearly midnight by then...

I thought the traffic chaos caused even more chaos inside the stadium. In the end it was like Euro game , people just taking any seats in rows of empty seats. Only difference being peole were still arriving 20 mins after kick off looking for 'their' seats. Never seen such a shambles ina long time. The row directly in front of us changed hands at least 5 times and there was a constant stand up , sit down' while people were coming and going.

As for after after the match : hopeless. Absolutely hopeless.

we were 15 minutes late for KO, traffic was a complete joke. Same on the way out, police never took control until at least 40 mins after full time. Then on the M723 no police to man the lights where the tailbacks were for two miles and only 6 cars getting through at a time. I blamed my tom tom as i think thats why so many people went that way but why ow why have the national stadium in that bin of a city is beyond me. :mad:

I went via East Kilbride and have to admit I had a trouble free journey. There was a bit of a queue getting over kings park avenue on the road home but after that it was fine.

Dunk-Section G

I got to the game 15 minutes late after leaving Edinburgh at 5.15!

I didnt get back till after midnight.

Shambles.

RunrigLovinJambo

It was awful, we were waiting for one of the buses to come in and didn't get into the ground till about 5 past 8. In those 20 minutes that the game had already been played, we witnessed thousands of hearts fans, presumably those stuck in traffic, still getting into the ground. And to make matters worse, they took off about four of the turnstiles, so there was then queues to get into the ground as only two were left open. Outrageous.

Archived