Best sarnie shops

The Wicker Man

The Wicker Man

Greggs is always consistant, if not spectacular - and gives change out of a fiver for a sandwich, crisps and a can of pop.

Derricks at the North end of Great Junction Street if you like a big dawd of salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato with whatever - definite great value.

Pret-a-Manger 'salad' always seems to taste like a privet hedge :confused:

There's a wee place the foot of Victoria Street, just as turn into the Cowgate, called Salar Deli I think, that does amazing paninis and baguettes, fresh made kebab things and spicy burger things and roast veg in them. Brilliant and authentic.

Greggs is always consistant, if not spectacular - and gives change out of a fiver for a sandwich, crisps and a can of pop.

Derricks at the North end of Great Junction Street if you like a big dawd of salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato with whatever - definite great value.

Never heard it called that outside of an Enid Blyton story.:cheers:

there is a wee sandwich shop on Albert Street just along from the butchers she does amazing rolls and soup i can usuall get 2 rolls and 1 soups for under ?5 and they get filled big time if you spend over ?2.50 you get a free peice of fruit or packet of crisps

Baguette Express on Gorgie Road is pretty nifty. Ferry Good Food in Carrick Knowe certainly fills your roll up but you would probably need 2 to get an adequate 'meal' at aout ?1.20 a roll it adds up.

Baguette Express on Gorgie Road is pretty nifty. Ferry Good Food in Carrick Knowe certainly fills your roll up but you would probably need 2 to get an adequate 'meal' at aout ?1.20 a roll it adds up.

you not got school tomorrow???? yeah ferry good food does a mean soup so mrs tedp informs me any flavour......

you not got school tomorrow???? yeah ferry good food does a mean soup so mrs tedp informs me any flavour......

Exam leave. No exam tommorow. Been off since last Wednesday and go back on Tuesday. Then the following week we are of for another week. Hard work this school business. I'm dreading my month of exam leave in May! And the 2 weeks in between for Easter.

When is your next holiday by the way Ted?:D

Never tried the soup from there. I prefer to go to Greggs and get 2 steak bakes and a pink jammie (contender for best doughnut ever) My Pizza Hut wage doesn't quite cover more than ?3 a day for lunch.

Exam leave. No exam tommorow. Been off since last Wednesday and go back on Tuesday. Then the following week we are of for another week. Hard work this school business. I'm dreading my month of exam leave in May! And the 2 weeks in between for Easter.

When is your next holiday by the way Ted?:D

Never tried the soup from there. I prefer to go to Greggs and get 2 steak bakes and a pink jammie (contender for best doughnut ever) My Pizza Hut wage doesn't quite cover more than ?3 a day for lunch.

well to be honest we are going up North a week on monday for a week, then i might just jet off to spain for a week in the summer, then there again i might just go in the summer and go again in Setember... and you going away this year?????

Well, being honest. I'm off to stay in spain for a month at then end of June to the begining of August.

Ahem I'll take a bow.

Whereabout in spain to you go?

Well, being honest. I'm off to stay in spain for a month at then end of June to the begining of August.

Ahem I'll take a bow.

Whereabout in spain to you go?

ma mum and dad's 6 bedroom hoose on costa del crime lol and you????

ma mum and dad's 6 bedroom hoose on costa del crime lol and you????

Snap!

Benalmadena, Uncle own a garage over there. My Aunt and 2 wee cousins are also over there along with a feale friend I'll will be staying with for the month.

PS. Subway is definitely the daddio

Snap!

Benalmadena, Uncle own a garage over there. My Aunt and 2 wee cousins are also over there along with a feale friend I'll will be staying with for the month.

PS. Subway is definitely the daddio

Cool ken where to go when the car breaks down you gonna pm me with your addy hun as there is a wee man in Benalmadena who does the best fresh chickens(cooked) and maybe we could make a big sanny together!!!!!

I P Knightley

There is a simple reason for that...:wacko:

Agree on Gregg's for no nonsense sandwiches although there's not one near my work any more.

Subway is evil. You do realise that every time you buy a Subway sandwich you are directly funding the recruitment of small, white children into an unspeakable cult, don't you?

M&S and Sainsburys are both passable but their 'standard' sannies (BLT/prawn cocktail etc) are just bland.

If you're ever down London way and find yourself in the area of Bloomsbury/Holborn/Aldwych/Tottenham Court Road, make an effort to find "Onion" in Sicilian Avenue. The finest sandwich shop in the area. Poached salmon and cabbage an every day delight but on Friday (ahhh - Friday!) the Chicken escalope is just divine.

(I know that last sentence comes across all gay but - believe me - there is no other description)

The Londis shop on Willowbrae Road is the nuts for sandwiches. Cheap at around a ?1 a roll and huge helpings. Just across the road from the Lady Nairne Hotel.

The Clock down at the Shore is pretty decent (although the soup is not very good). Plus it is about 30 seconds from my work.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
T

If you're ever down London way and find yourself in the area of Bloomsbury/Holborn/Aldwych/Tottenham Court Road, make an effort to find "Onion" in Sicilian Avenue. The finest sandwich shop in the area. Poached salmon and cabbage an every day delight but on Friday (ahhh - Friday!) the Chicken escalope is just divine.

(I know that last sentence comes across all gay but - believe me - there is no other description)

I went to college just across the road from there and I can vouch for your choice

I was too poor a student to enjoy it all the time

I P Knightley
I went to college just across the road from there and I can vouch for your choice

I was too poor a student to enjoy it all the time

Did you study sculpture at St Martin's college?

Trying to sate that thirst for knowledge?

Sorry, another song that always comes into mind when I'm in the area.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Did you study sculpture at St Martin's college?

Trying to sate that thirst for knowledge?

Sorry, another song that always comes into mind when I'm in the area.

Nah product design (its not quite as good a lyric) Sculpture was at Charing X Rd

That was a hit while I was there

Archived