Quell Surprise

magicTs

I hope this doesn't sound like a 'told you so thread' but the inevitability of this evening was almost laughable. It was exactly what I predicted on JKB on the evening of Saturday 12th January after our 2nd half capitulation to Motherwell at Tynecastle and that is that our season would end on Wednesday 30th of January at Hampden. NB - forget what the ginger naeclue is saying this evening, he is a desperate man who is so far out his depth it is embarassing and as usual is talking absolute rot. Frail, I don't blame you for the season being a fiasco as a whole (there's only one muppet who get's that accolade) but please don't patronise us you plum.

And yet, despite what many of us thought would be a complete waste of time, money and energy we travelled through to both Fir Park and tonight in even greater numbers to Hampden. What we got was rubbish even by Hearts standards in recent times. Blame the refs, the pitches, the weather etc all you like but both performances were truly inept and yet not in the least surprising given the demise of any standards at Hearts since the end of the 05-06 season.

To be honest there have been so many failures in both games it is difficult to know where to start so I'll list just a few as I'm sure other's will have plenty of other examples.

I need some help from the over 32's here to think back further but in my lifetime we have never had 2 fullbacks as bad as Neilson and Goncalves at the same time. Both of them are such poor footballers it is cringeworthy watching them. They contribute nothing and are complete bombscares. The fact this has not been dealt with by now is a massive indictment on how the team is run.

Jonsson to me has been one of the few positives of the season yet he is shunted out to a foreign position to make way for the overrated and pointless passenger that is Michael Stewart in the centre. Jonsson and Palazeulos had looked good together in the middle when MS was suspended. Terrible decision which gave us no balance at all in the side.

The above was then made even worse by playing Miko out of position as well on the left despite us having Wallace, Driver and McCann on the bench. So that's 2 out of 4 midfielders out of position depsite the fact there was no reason to do this.

Frail. Were to start ?? Think I'll just leave it that he has not worked out.

Of course there is a far better picture to all this and that is that the egomaniac has ruined a 2nd season in a row. He is taken the p*ss out of the Hearts support big time and the non appointment of a manager has been a disgrace. I'm sure some will continue to give him time but I can only speak for myself in that I won't waste any more time or money on his regime until he makes big changes. Tonight was my last away game of the season but frankly at this moment I can see myself not going anywhere near Tynecastle again either. He's totally knocked all the support and motivation out of me and I have just had enough of the p*ss being taken out of us week in week out.

I hope this doesn't sound like a 'told you so thread' but the inevitability of this evening was almost laughable. It was exactly what I predicted on the evening of Saturday 12th January after our 2nd half capitulation to Motherwell at Tynecastle and that is that our season would end on Wednesday 30th of January at Hampden. NB - forget what the ginger naeclue is saying this evening, he is a desperate man who is so far out his depth it is embarassing and as usual is talking absolute rot. Frail, I don't blame you for the season being a fiasco as a whole (there's only one muppet who get's that accolade) but please don't patronise us you plum.

And yet, despite what many of us thought would be a complete waste of time, money and energy we travelled through to both Fir Park and tonight in even greater numbers to Hampden. What we got was rubbish even by Hearts standards in recent times. Blame the refs, the pitches, the weather etc all you like but both performances were truly inept and yet not in the least surprising given the demise in any standards at Hearts since the end of the 05-06 season.

To be honest there have been so many failures in both games it is difficult to know where to start so I'll list just a few as I'm sure other's will have plenty of other examples.

I need some help from the over 32's here to think back further but in my lifetime we have never had 2 fullbacks as bad as Neilson and Goncalves at the same time. Both of them are such poor footballers it is cringeworthy watching them. They contribute nothing and are complete bombscares. The fact this has not been dealt with by now is a massive indictment on how the team is run.

Jonsson to me has been one of the few positives of the season yet he is shunted out to a foreign position to make way for the overrated and pointless passenger that is Michael Stewart in the centre. Jonsson and Palazeulos had looked good together in the middle when MS was suspended. Terrible decision which gave us no balance at all in the side.

The above was then made even worse by playing Miko out of position as well on the left despite us having Wallace, Driver and McCann on the bench. So that's 2 out of 4 midfielders out of position depsite the fact there was no reason to do this.

Frail. Were to start ?? Think I'll just leave it that he has not worked out.

Of course there is a far better picture to all this and that is that the egomaniac has ruined a 2nd season in a row. He is taken the p*ss out of the Hearts support big time and tha non appointment of a manager has been a disgrace. I'm sure some will continue to give him time but I can only speak for myself in that I won't waste any more time or money on his regime until he makes big changes. Tonight was my last away game of the season but frankly at this moment I won't be going near Tynecastle again either. He's totally knocked all the support and motivation out of me.

Hard to disagree with much of that, unfortunately...:(

Having just flicked through the match on Sky+ and particualrly the 'highlights' at half time and full time I think the saddest thing of all is that the Old Firm are and have been there for the taking in recent times and yet we have self harmed to such an extent that we have no chance for the forseeable future of challenging them again. We are back to square one, riddled with mediocrity.

what i find worrying is the panic that sets in when we lose a goal,when did we last win a game after conceding the first goal(kilmarnock 2006 ?).we are now at a stage where one conceded goal will most probably be followed by another.

what i find worrying is the panic that sets in when we lose a goal,when did we last win a game after conceding the first goal(kilmarnock 2006 ?).we are now at a stage where one conceded goal will most probably be followed by another.

Kilmarnock, opening day of 2005/06, as someone pointed out on here the other day.

I wasn't at all surprised at the result. I expected us to get beat and we did, so in that respect I wasn't disappointed as I knew we wouldn't win anyway.

I know people will point to the handball, however overall we simply didn't do enough over the 90 minutes. Lots of huffing and puffing with no creativity and no end product. Most of the things you'd expect from a bottom 6 side against the league leaders to be honest.

I'm getting sick and tired of finding myself frustrated at Nielson's lack of ability. He can't tackle, jump, head a ball, pass or even run. He used to be able to take a long throw in however I have lost count of the number of times a foul throw has been given against him this season. The first goal last night was as a direct result of a needless foul given away by him AFTER the Rangers player had lost the ball.

Goncalves was up against a tricky player last night but didn't cover himself with glory either. In the second half Rangers simply switched their tactics to play the ball on the ground along the wings and we couldn't deal with it. No team, no matter who else they have in their ranks will struggle if their full backs can't tackle.

I've got a lot of time for Frail so far as the players now seem to be working harder, the tactics are clearer, team selection seems logical and consistent however his achiles heel may be that he highly rates Nielson (and Elliot).

Time will tell.

I know people will point to the handball, however overall we simply didn't do enough over the 90 minutes. Lots of huffing and puffing with no creativity and no end product. Most of the things you'd expect from a bottom 6 side against the league leaders to be honest.

I agree with you. If people are honest with themselves we have deserved nothing from either cup match.

No goals in the last 7 cup ties when we have been knocked out says it all (AEK 0-3 / Sparta Prague 0-2 / Sparta Prague 0-0 / Hibs 0-1 / Dunfermline 0-1 / Motherwell 0-1 / Rangers 0-2) = not good enough, cheers Romanov.

Harry Kinnear

The league table doesn't lie and it didn't last night, team tried their best but a number of inadequacies were exposed (again). will miss Gretna because of family visit normally this would bother me but sad to say I need a rest from this season's continuing disappointment.

Archived