Planning application submitted at last !!!!

FERRYABROAD

That has to be the hope. On the flip side, the worry is I couldn't see him sacking our manager whilst we were top of the league either, but he did.

If he's mad enough to do that, he's mad enough to do anything IMO.

We will just have to wait and see.I am optimistic that the new stand will indeed be built and that Vlad wont want to waste what is a pretty big investment.

He does need to start building the structures for building a better team now.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
markletissier

why don't they build a good team first before going onto even plan this? that way we might actually fill the 23,000 seats when the times comes.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Excellent, particularly if the funding is coming from the UBIG group, even if HMFC borrow it from them, as it means that the power is back in the hands of us the fans. Quite simply, this development will need bums on seats and Vlad will have to deliver on the pitch as well as off the pitch to do that.

Colonel Kurtz

Good news

The reaction from our friends with degres in Hobonomics after their morning shot of Mythadone is to be expected,and is to be more pitied than scorned

why don't they build a good team first before going onto even plan this? that way we might actually fill the 23,000 seats when the times comes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7191265.stm

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Heart of Midlothian | Hearts to reveal new stadium plan

According to the BBC it's 27,000 seats, do they ever get anything right.

Meanwhile, over on wearebuildingcontrol.net....

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=105829

Who is the clown "RobinHood" on that site? Is he really a Jambo?

Check his comments, he's merely pandering to these ****wits with some of the cap he's writing.

He may be thinking he's being witty amoung mates, but in reality, the hobos are ripping whatever he says........so why even bother mate???:confused:

RobinHood.......stop pandering to these gimps, you just look daft:wacko::confused::wacko:

markletissier

i dunno which to believe to be honest, i originally heard 27,000 too but according to hearts it'll be 23,000

Great news.

Does this mean that Romanov is setting up 2 hotels n Embra then? One at the old BoS building and one at Tynie. For some reason I assumed it would be one or the other

A huge investment if he is, although i'm not sure if that market isnt already saturated enough for one hotel, let alone 2.

New manager and new stand. Things could finally be on the way up.

There can never be enough hotels in Edinburgh. OK maybe that's a slight exaggeration but Edinburgh has one of the highest rooms to vacancies ratios in the world.

Father Tiresias
"Our plans will bring great benefits to both Hearts and the city of Edinburgh. As such, we are hopeful that our submission will be looked on favourably given the added value and economic benefit that it brings.

Hopeful doesn't sound too certain to me.

Like many other Hearts fans I've spoken to, I'll believe it when I see the first brick being layed.

Like many other Hearts fans I've spoken to, I'll believe it when I see the first brick being layed.

Since this thread is about the planning application i dont get your point.

How can a brick be layed before the planning application

jamboinglasgow

this is a good day and hopefully the week can be a great week with hearts where we gain both a manager and a win against hibs.

in hibs.net it mentioned that the council have to return a verdict within 8 weeks. THey also mentioned the possibilty of a public consaltation, haven't we already done this?

In terms of bricks being laid, the planning application is a very big (albeit metaphorical) one.

No-one should under-estimate just how important gaining planning permission is to the future of Hearts. Without the stadium redevelopment, there will be no further interest in Hearts by UKIO Bankas and therefore no reason for them to continue to hold the debt.

I've long been of the opinion, rightly or wrongly, that the stadium will be sold off and Hearts will be tenants. UBIG have already built and sold on a stadium, and have another on the stocks. To think they will do something different with Tynecastle is, I believe, naive. And that will be the cost Hearts bear for the mess they got themselves into.

The security of that tenure would then be the crucial thing, though I personally think it will be secure if only because it would make economic sense to any future owner. If that's the case, the future looks very bright for us. Hang on to that thought.

Interesting points. I've been alluding to this for some time whenever being asked the question "Why is VR at Hearts?"

VR is the head of a business wanting into the Western European economy and Banking capital and building projects in Europes 3rd biggest financial centre is the aim. Hearts are a means to an end. The planning approval is vital in the bigger picture, without that Hearts to VR are pointless.

With that in mind his team meddling makes it all the more frustrating.

How long until the council have to decide? Anyone know?

Interesting points. I've been alluding to this for some time whenever being asked the question "Why is VR at Hearts?"

VR is the head of a business wanting into the Western European economy and Banking capital and building projects in Europes 3rd biggest financial centre is the aim. Hearts are a means to an end. The planning approval is vital in the bigger picture, without that Hearts to VR are pointless.

With that in mind his team meddling makes it all the more frustrating.

How long until the council have to decide? Anyone know?

In a strange way, that's what makes it seem that he does actually care about the team. His meddling has been counter-productive, but why meddle if Hearts were only a means to an end?

Francis Albert
i dunno which to believe to be honest, i originally heard 27,000 too but according to hearts it'll be 23,000

Let's see. New stand capacity 10,000. Other three existing stands 13,000.

It may be a tough one for the BBC to work out, but ...

jamboinglasgow
What a bunch of utter cretins.

Talk about being in denial :eek:

they will still be talking about flats when the stand is built, though the flats are part of the new stand.

this is a good day and hopefully the week can be a great week with hearts where we gain both a manager and a win against hibs.

in hibs.net it mentioned that the council have to return a verdict within 8 weeks. THey also mentioned the possibilty of a public consaltation, haven't we already done this?

Public consultation has been done. As with the Council.

Don't think there will be issues with the stadium being built but not sure re phase 2 (school site). I do know that te Council have been working with Hearts continiously on this one.

Without the stadium redevelopment, there will be no further interest in Hearts by UKIO Bankas and therefore no reason for them to continue to hold the debt.

Why would Ukio not allow us to bank with them without the re-development?

UBIG have already built and sold on a stadium,

What stadium have they finished?

Walter Bishop
Who is the clown "RobinHood" on that site? Is he really a Jambo?

Check his comments, he's merely pandering to these ****wits with some of the cap he's writing.

He may be thinking he's being witty amoung mates, but in reality, the hobos are ripping whatever he says........so why even bother mate???:confused:

RobinHood.......stop pandering to these gimps, you just look daft:wacko::confused::wacko:

Exactly what i was thinking, Im sure its been posted on here about his comments on petrieisthehighestpaidhobo.net, surely he can see these cretins are laughing at him not with him!!!

Anyone know if he`s on JKB?

Let's see. New stand capacity 10,000. Other three existing stands 13,000.

It may be a tough one for the BBC to work out, but ...

First phase is the new main stand, with the option to increase the other stands (filling in the corners?) at a later date? I'm sure I read that somewhere although a figure of 25K.......who knows!

jamboinglasgow
Public consultation has been done. As with the Council.

Don't think there will be issues with the stadium being built but not sure re phase 2 (school site). I do know that te Council have been working with Hearts continiously on this one.

I presume hearts aim is to start phase 2 as soon as the main stand is finished. I'm sure there is enough time to come to a an agreement or are Hearts also submiting the phase 2 planning soon?

I take it phase 2 is to knock down the roseburn stand, rebuild it with a corner section to the main stand and develop the school area with shops. And the problem is the main school building? If that is the case I still think they should keep the enterence and allow Hearts to knock down the rest of the building.

about time but a manager would be better

if no manager is appointed vlad will be lucky if the stadium with the new stand is half full

Good news

I have concerns (given the time it has taken for us to get here and Vlads general footballing incompetence) at Hearts / UBIGs ability to project manage this - but we'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds.

Hearts under Romanov will be at their most vulnerable when the main stand is dismantled.

Hearts may have ironed out all Council based issues, however, the application will still be open to the usual public objection process. A lot more water the run under this bridge

Not negative comments, just realistic.

about time but a manager would be better

if no manager is appointed vlad will be lucky if the stadium with the new stand is half full

Just how long do you actually think it takes to build the Stand ??

Clue - it's more than a fortnight !!!

I presume hearts aim is to start phase 2 as soon as the main stand is finished. I'm sure there is enough time to come to a an agreement or are Hearts also submiting the phase 2 planning soon?

I take it phase 2 is to knock down the roseburn stand, rebuild it with a corner section to the main stand and develop the school area with shops. And the problem is the main school building? If that is the case I still think they should keep the enterence and allow Hearts to knock down the rest of the building.

PHASE 2 IS THE SCHOOL SITE IIRC.

Part of the site is listed (facade, railings etc..) so it may be a case of Hearts have to work around this and other issues (chemical vats etc...)

The opening open of Sainsbury's has strengthened Heart's case considerably with regards to building near dangerous chemical, existing housing etc...

I would imagine the school site will be the apartments, retail etc....

It's excellent news that this application has now been sent.

Hopefully, the correct homework/discussions have been done and it will be plain sailing (at least for this) from now on...

jamboinglasgow
PHASE 2 IS THE SCHOOL SITE IIRC.

Part of the site is listed (facade, railings etc..) so it may be a case of Hearts have to work around this and other issues (chemical vats etc...)

The opening open of Sainsbury's has strengthened Heart's case considerably with regards to building near dangerous chemical, existing housing etc...

I would imagine the school site will be the apartments, retail etc....

right, thats good as an extra revenue spinner, though I was hoping for it to be a rebuilding of the roseburn stand (are Hearts still commited to redevlop the stadium? i.e. the roseburn and wheatfield stands.)

But cheers for the info, lets hope the chemical matter is solved.

I am working for a Sales company in Edinburgh, shouldn't really say all this but what the hell....

We are currently in the process of selling Hearts a piece of equipment, and I have sent a quote to John Boag (used to be head of security - now works as some sort of area manager in the day-to-day running of the club).

I have tried to contact him about the quote over the past few days and this morning I was told he was meeting with representatives of Tynie High School. This would suggest that Hearts are fairly confident on the school site (i.e. shop, hotel etc) side of things.

I am working for a Sales company in Edinburgh, shouldn't really say all this but what the hell....

We are currently in the process of selling Hearts a piece of equipment, and I have sent a quote to John Boag (used to be head of security - now works as some sort of area manager in the day-to-day running of the club).

I have tried to contact him about the quote over the past few days and this morning I was told he was meeting with representatives of Tynie High School. This would suggest that Hearts are fairly confident on the school site (i.e. shop, hotel etc) side of things.

Ha Ha, your assumptions are quality.

Maybe it's just his bairn has been caught smokin' behind the bike shed !

Ha Ha, your assumptions are quality.

Maybe it's just his bairn has been caught smokin' behind the bike shed !

Nice one! ;) Honestly, though I think that Hearts have turnes a corner with the whole school site. It is starting to look more positive. My one problem would be that if we cannot get the go-ahead for the school, then surely this will cause a problem in terms of revenue for the new stand?

Good news

I have concerns (given the time it has taken for us to get here and Vlads general footballing incompetence) at Hearts / UBIGs ability to project manage this - but we'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds.

Hearts under Romanov will be at their most vulnerable when the main stand is dismantled.

Hearts may have ironed out all Council based issues, however, the application will still be open to the usual public objection process. A lot more water the run under this bridge

Im with you in that assessment. Lopez seems to be holding out the hope of other investors in this project. Its a huge financial outlay for the club and the more investors put in then the more investors will want to take out.

Its gonna have to have a very viable hotel and corporate facilities to make up the money the clubs debt will rise to especially to have an overdraft of our size on gates of 23,000 ?

Do we expect the level of corporate demand to be so huge given that most organisations in the capital spend most of their money at murrayfield or the old firm ? is the demand there ?

Good news for long term ambition i suppose but the club will be very vunerable when the main stand goes.

As expected a bit of a soft soap interview on Hearts world i expect more searching questions to be aired in the weeks to come.

Planning permissions of this size never go through easily either.

Cheers Vlad

I feel the rollercoaster is on the up again and I'm still onboard this white knuckle ride:)

Believe

marshallschunkychicken

What kind of equipment?

My choice would be a giant catapult-style hobo lancher to go on the roof of the new stand.

Nice one! ;) Honestly, though I think that Hearts have turnes a corner with the whole school site. It is starting to look more positive. My one problem would be that if we cannot get the go-ahead for the school, then surely this will cause a problem in terms of revenue for the new stand?

As far as I am aware, the 2 phases are wholly un-related in terms of both scope & finance.

What kind of equipment?

My choice would be a giant catapult-style hobo lancher to go on the roof of the new stand.

Should'nt really say much but seeing there are no jambos in my work, don't think the confidentiality will get out! Its a franking machine for their mail - unbelievable Hearts don't actually have one really.

Whilst on that matter - any other companies looking for any office systems?! ;)

Should'nt really say much but seeing there are no jambos in my work, don't think the confidentiality will get out! Its a franking machine for their mail - unbelievable Hearts don't actually have one really.

Whilst on that matter - any other companies looking for any office systems?! ;)

Guess Pedro told you himself about how it was time they got a franking machine (as opposed to just getting a replacement)

Come and give me my Firm a quote any time, I'll tell you abouut our involvement in the new Tynie Development.....as discretion is obviously your strong point.

Good news

Fortunately for us, objections are only considered if they relate to actual planning issues or contravene the guidelines stipulated in the local plan and given that Gorgie is certainly in need of regeneration and economic investment, I can't see many planning committees paying much attention to anything that might turn up anyway. This development is a good thing for Gorgie and the planning concerns in terms of hazards etc. seem to be drifting away, one by one. Things are looking very rosy indeed.

Poor hobos. They must be pig sick today. I'd love to know how many copies of the local plan have been downloaded in Leith today. Hehe.

I don?t know, maybe I am naive but I think that the new stand and the club finally submitting the planning application is a good sign for Hearts. I believe it shows commitment from V.R. and an understanding that he is trying to develop the club?!

Although a new manager would be great to Vlad! ;)

Hopefully the application gets passed as quick as possible and we can get the work started. The amount of time this has taken i would think that the council will pass this application as Hearts have working with them on this issue for a long time.

...Poor hobos. They must be pig sick today. I'd love to know how many copies of the local plan have been downloaded in Leith today. Hehe.

Dont know about pig sick redm, they're just asking their usual insightful questions....

These vermin and their hobonomics.... Our debt has suddenly reached ?90M!

No point in puting an application into the council unless you believe that it will pass ok.

For the first time I believe we have put together a proposal that will pass as we have done our homework and spoken to the correct people.

Next for the playing staff. :dribble:

where is the money going to come from, that is my worry, granted the main stand has been needed rebuilt for years, but ?51 million ... :(

It appears reading thru this thread that we don't need any Hobo's on this board as there are plenty of PRETEND Hearts fans to do their job.

If you can't be positive about this then flock off down to Easter Road and support them.

At last the application is submitted! Next on the "to do" list Vlad is appoint a new manager asap!

Assuming the application is accepted and building work begins, what are everyones opinions on our temporary home?

None of the options seem that appealing

It's sad that the Hearts fans who post on that filthy site have to crawl right up their erses just to avoid getting a ban, it makes me want to puke! :boak:

Nobody forces them to post over their though John.

Any Hearts fan who crawls up their erses, regardless if it's in fear of getting banned or not, makes me puke TBH.

Have a bit of self respect FFS.

Hawaii this is more debt . It looks unsustainable on top of the mounting debt we have.

Surely its proper to look at this with not just a fan head on but with a sensible economic head on.

Lopez says in the interview that he can see the club being self sustainable and the development being wiped out in time .

How on Earth is this possible if the debt goes to 70 odd million ??? Is this going to be the worlds greatest office and leisure land ?

Why not build a small stand and live within the means for a while ?

This just looks a huge gamble and there are more questions than answers at the moment.

Archived