Planning application submitted at last !!!!

FERRYABROAD

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About time too! Still... this is only one step in the process. I still refuse to 'believe' until the demo cranes move in and the first brick is laid.

siegementality

I wonder if clubs going into administration always submit planning permission for new stands first.

skotskosparta
I wonder if clubs going into administration always submit planning permission for new stands first.

Funny, thats what I was thinking. Should find out tomorrow.:)

Hans von Luck

No point in puting an application into the council unless you believe that it will pass ok.

For the first time I believe we have put together a proposal that will pass as we have done our homework and spoken to the correct people.

Next for the playing staff. :dribble:

:Hearts Man spotrun: Wicked news! All we need now is a manager and we might see a few less kicked hats... :mw_tease:

No point in puting an application into the council unless you believe that it will pass ok.

For the first time I believe we have put together a proposal that will pass as we have done our homework and spoken to the correct people.

Next for the playing staff. :dribble:

Hearts wanted the frontage all glass... the council said No, told them to keep it like the tenements currently on McLeod St (brickwork).

As Campbell Ogilvive said - do it once, do it right.

this should shut those leith tykes up for a wee bit,no doubt they will find some other crap rumours to start next week... just need to hump them on sat then the week will be complete.

GIFRUYHC

We'll wonder what our resident Hobo's will make of this.

Great news.:)

A plan so cunning it could have been thought up by Baldrick :wacko:

It's great news and shows a level of commitment from the Romanovs. The fact that the total investment will cost ?51M means that we have their attention.

But football isn't about restaurants 80m up in the sky and spanking new stands. What I want is a team to support; a bunch of guys that will make me proud to follow, and go on some sort of a journey with.

The current bunch of imposters will hopefully be long gone by 2011. And hopefully Vladimir Romanov will be playing the role that he started so well in:

A benefactor, whose position will be to sit in the stand, whilst a qualified manager with full autonomy gets on with the task of giving us our club back.

Well done Hearts today.

Buffalo Bill

ArmiyaRomanova
We'll wonder what our resident Hobo's will make of this.

Great news.:)

Two words will leap out for them, eclipsing all others -

'residential apartments'. :booze:

Hopefully the idiots in the Liberal Democrats allow it a smooth passage through .I seem to recall them being idiots the last time. Though Tom Ponton is away now, so maybe...

Hopefully the idiots in the Liberal Democrats allow it a smooth passage through .I seem to recall them being idiots the last time. Though Tom Ponton is away now, so maybe...

Off topic, but there's nowt worse than a bloody Lib Dem.

They're everywhere in Corstorphine!

Buffalo Bill

Will it ever be accepted has to be the question.

I have my doubts that we will ever see this redevelopment happen.

IMO the stand will have no problem getting permission.

No idea regarding the rest of the redevelopment i.e school site.

The Real Maroonblood
Good stuff. Took their time, but these things always have a habit of dragging on and on.

:)

A bit like how the Tynecastle circus is run.

Off topic, but there's nowt worse than a bloody Lib Dem.

They're everywhere in Corstorphine!

Buffalo Bill

A Tory...?

Corstorphine USED to be full of them.

Excellent news.

Question of how it is to be funded remains of course. Worry will last until the new stand goes up, but this is still the major test of Romanov's reign at Hearts.

Fantastic news. There should be no issue with this being passed by the cooncil........all of that work has already been done, hence the delay in submission.

Now, if we could announce a manager before Saturday.........

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Will we fill it every second week ?

I quite like the stand as it is , classics never die

How about a demonstration to stop the new build , we could strap ourselves

to the phylons .

More jobs for the sausage rolls .

Prancer with negative comments shock!

We can always get Alex Salmond to call it in. If the council refuses planning permission!!;);)

not only is it funny, i thinks it actually worth a shot as well!!

Something would have to be very wrong for it not to get through at this stage. As others mentioned, Hearts have already tried to iron out the pernickety bits with the council so there isn't going to be some hugely fatal flaw around the corner which could cause it to be rejected. That would be very weird indeed.

If it isn't approved outright, it might be approved with conditions and that's simply a case of tweaking the finer details before development can begin. Romanov might be many things but he's not known to waste vast amounts of cash and you can bet your boots it has already cost a pretty penny to get even to this stage.

I'm not worried in the slightest, I'm just thrilled to bits. :)

Just done the 3d tour and section N looks like it has some restricted views.

Maybe thats so the away fans can't see them.

It's great news and shows a level of commitment from the Romanovs. The fact that the total investment will cost ?51M means that we have their attention.

But football isn't about restaurants 80m up in the sky and spanking new stands. What I want is a team to support; a bunch of guys that will make me proud to follow, and go on some sort of a journey with.

The current bunch of imposters will hopefully be long gone by 2011. And hopefully Vladimir Romanov will be playing the role that he started so well in:

A benefactor, whose position will be to sit in the stand, whilst a qualified manager with full autonomy gets on with the task of giving us our club back.

Well done Hearts today.

Buffalo Bill

Youve summed it up for me.Lets hope.

I cant see Vlad building this thing and not also building a team to fill it.

Guest JamboRobbo
Youve summed it up for me.Lets hope.

I cant see Vlad building this thing and not also building a team to fill it.

That has to be the hope. On the flip side, the worry is I couldn't see him sacking our manager whilst we were top of the league either, but he did.

If he's mad enough to do that, he's mad enough to do anything IMO.

This is good news and at last a forward step.

Is this the first phase of the development? Its been going on so long I've forgotten.

Is this application purely dealing with the Stand and restaurant type facilities with a second phase to come later? And can anyone remind me what the second phase entailed? Was that corners filled in and Hotel?

I'm asking this wondering if one application was dependent on the other.

Selkirk_Jambo

Great news.

Does this mean that Romanov is setting up 2 hotels n Embra then? One at the old BoS building and one at Tynie. For some reason I assumed it would be one or the other

A huge investment if he is, although i'm not sure if that market isnt already saturated enough for one hotel, let alone 2.

New manager and new stand. Things could finally be on the way up.

No-one should under-estimate just how important gaining planning permission is to the future of Hearts. Without the stadium redevelopment, there will be no further interest in Hearts by UKIO Bankas and therefore no reason for them to continue to hold the debt.

I've long been of the opinion, rightly or wrongly, that the stadium will be sold off and Hearts will be tenants. UBIG have already built and sold on a stadium, and have another on the stocks. To think they will do something different with Tynecastle is, I believe, naive. And that will be the cost Hearts bear for the mess they got themselves into.

The security of that tenure would then be the crucial thing, though I personally think it will be secure if only because it would make economic sense to any future owner. If that's the case, the future looks very bright for us. Hang on to that thought.

On the morning of the new application going in.......you have to post a negative comment:confused:

You and Prancer must be the two most soor faced buggers on this site:p

Archived