Billy Davies (merged threads)

gogsfaesydney

gogsfaesydney

Just been reading, Billy Davies has ruled himself out of the Scotland job. The plot thickens, could he be heading to Tynie:)

The Scottish Football Association are set to announce the first opponents for the new national team manager as they inch closer to making an appointment.

Three clubs have been approached by the governing body for permission to talk to all but one of the candidates on their shortlist.

Sportsmail understands Motherwell, Celtic and Southampton are unlikely to raise objections.

Well boss Mark McGhee, Celtic coach Tommy Burns and Saints manager George Burley and former Rangers boss Graeme Souness are the only contenders after Billy Davies ruled himself out.

While chief executive Gordon Smith awaits the go-ahead to talk to the three employed candidates, there will be one announcement coming from Hampden tomorrow as the SFA are close to announcing the opposition for a friendly on March 26.

However, that country will not be Argentina or Nigeria and it is unlikely to be Poland, as some reports claimed.

Negotiations to bring Argentina to Hampden hit problems over the fee demanded by the South Americans.

SFA chief executive Gordon Smith aims to have the new manager in place by the end of the month before a training camp in February.

Motherwell, Celtic and Southampton have all declined to comment so far on the SFA's requests.

McGhee emerged as the favourite soon after Alex McLeish quit in late November but his emotional ties to Fir Park have strengthened after the death of Motherwell captain Phil O'Donnell.

The ex-Wolves boss has insisted he will only leave Motherwell with the "absolute consensus" of everyone at the club.

Erstwhile Scotland assistant Burns leapfrogged McGhee in the betting following the death of O'Donnell on December 29.

But there have been suggestions McGhee could carry on in his role as Fir Park boss until the end of the season, as Scotland's next competitive fixture is the World Cup qualifier against Macedonia on September 6.

Burley and Souness have both intimated their interest in the national team role.

Days after Alex McLeish left the post to join Birmingham, former Newcastle boss Souness said: "I would be interested in taking a national team position."

Davies, however, has back-tracked on his desire to lead Scotland after stating his case soon after McLeish's exit by vowing to spend five years in the job if handed the role.

But the former Motherwell, Preston and Derby boss, who was reported to be the fifth man on the shortlist, ruled himself out this week.

He told the Scottish Daily Express: "My representative got a call from the SFA to say I was on the shortlist, and then he took another call to say they wanted to speak to me about the job.

"We were informed they wanted to get me involved in the process, and it was then that we told them we would not be taking things any further."

I can't see him getting the Hearts job.

I'm unconvinced as to wether he would be a good choice for Hearts. From what I can remember, he was pretty gash at Motherwell first time round.

QUOTE]

Well the Hibsman and the Weegie papers are starting to spin against him - "he will not be missed", "to big for his boots", "self-promoting". Maybe preparing for BD becoming the Hearts manager?

Nucky Thompson

Todays Sun reports him as saying he didn't want the National job because he wants to return to club football, he didn't rule out a meeting with Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov:)

The Real Maroonblood

I'm unconvinced as to wether he would be a good choice for Hearts. From what I can remember, he was pretty gash at Motherwell first time round.

BD no thanks. A hun lover which I think would be a conflict of interests as he would be just biding his time until he goes to the bigot boys.

Ok there is a small bit in todays Sun saying that Davies has had enquires from both sides of the border and that he has admitted he would be willing to speak to Romanov.No direct quotes or anything but i just thought i would pass on the info.

BD no thanks. A hun lover which I think would be a conflict of interests as he would be just biding his time until he goes to the bigot boys.

Come on, a few weeks ago we would have accepted ANY manager, now we are saying no thanks to Billy Davis:confused:

alex macdonald turned out to be a really good manager. mind you i'm no convinced with billy davies being the one

I honestly cant see us getting Billy Davies as a manager!!

IMO deep down we all know the script Frail will be in charge till May then some un-known from Russia/Lithuania/belarus will be appointed.

Really hope im wrong but how many times has Romanov "turned the corner" "learned from his mistakes" over the last few season yet nothin really changes!!

IMO deep down we all know the script Frail will be in charge till May then some un-known from Russia/Lithuania/belarus will be appointed.

Really hope im wrong but how many times has Romanov "turned the corner" "learned from his mistakes" over the last few season yet nothin really changes!!

You might be right but I hope you're not.

My big fear isn't the securing of a decent manager.

It's the possibility of us sacking him ten weeks later.

Buffalo Bill

Cheer up man, I take it your mug of coffee is half empty, it could be half full you know. Lets wait and see, good news on the planning application could well be followed by good news on the management front. :)

200milesfromgorgie

Buffalo Bill

Yes the sacking thats whats been turning my stomach to.

The Real Maroonblood
alex macdonald turned out to be a really good manager. mind you i'm no convinced with billy davies being the one

I think Alex and Sandy were the exception.

Anyway it will probably be Malofeev or similar.

For the first time I am now wondering if there is truth in the Davies for Hearts Manager thing :

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Few-tears-shed-as-Davies.3675970.jp

Wow!!!

If I believed in omens (which I don't) and if I was a betting man (which I ain't any more), I would be putting money on Davies for the Hearts job!!!

After all if the Hootsman/Evening Hibby is "having a go" at Davies in such a fashion, it does seem like laying the foundation for future bile!!!

Horatio Caine
Wow!!!

If I believed in omens (which I don't) and if I was a betting man (which I ain't any more), I would be putting money on Davies for the Hearts job!!!

After all if the Hootsman/Evening Hibby is "having a go" at Davies in such a fashion, it does seem like laying the foundation for future bile!!!

Yes - and according to the article, he's gone out of favour at the GFA!

Suddenly this man's ideally qualified!

Nucky Thompson

Anyway it will probably be Malofeev or similar.

It sounds like your praying for that to happen so you can say I told you so.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Just another reason for the SFA to be (modedit) to us! woo hoo

The jigsaw is coming together

Davies (modedit) off the SFA, Romanov will love that - what a team

He would talk to Vlad, but then he is willing to talk to anybody who will give him a decent job. Can't blame him for that.

However, is he the best we can get?

Is he actually a good manager?

What did he do at Motherwell? Preston were OK, Derby went up - too soon!

Maybe he would be successful, but how would Vlad react to his ways?

I think he would be worth a try, but if a better job came up several months in would he not run for it?

The Old Tolbooth
He would talk to Vlad, but then he is willing to talk to anybody who will give him a decent job. Can't blame him for that.

However, is he the best we can get?

Is he actually a good manager?

What did he do at Motherwell? Preston were OK, Derby went up - too soon!

Maybe he would be successful, but how would Vlad react to his ways?

I think he would be worth a try, but if a better job came up several months in would he not run for it?

Erm, I think you just answered your own question mate, if he brought instant success to us in the same way as "Derby going up too soon" then he'll do for me.

I would be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY if Billy Davies was appointed Hearts Manager :) :) :)

Right guys, just had a phonecall from someone who seen him at Tynie this morning, no reason to disbelieve the person, no big source just someone passing.

There is no where in the **** article that directly shows Davies saying he would talk to Vlad.

He says he'd be "willing to talk to anyone".

Vlad is covered by the umbrella that is "anyone", so the **** put 2 and 2 together.

Now dont get me wrong, i would love to see davies as boss, but I aint gonna get my hopes up on the strength of some pish spouted by the super soaraway scottish ****.

Is the party back from Lithuania yet??

Had it in my head they were due back tomorrow.

I am assuming that CO is with them. Would think he would meet with Billy D or any other prospective candidate before VR.

Right guys, just had a phonecall from someone who seen him at Tynie this morning, no reason to disbelieve the person, no big source just someone passing.

Considering all the men running hearts are in Lithuania for a series of meetings this week.......you are talking shet! ;)

If Billy Davies has any sense, he will be willing to talk to anyone at the minute.

The guy is unemployed with a wee nest egg so the sooner he's back in employment, the less he digs in to the retirement fund.

Also, a willingness to talk keeps him in the public eye for a bit at least.

Is the party back from Lithuania yet??

Had it in my head they were due back tomorrow.

I am assuming that CO is with them. Would think he would meet with Billy D or any other prospective candidate before VR.

Think Lopez is here

Considering all the men running hearts are in Lithuania for a series of meetings this week.......you are talking shet! ;)

Is Lopez in Lithuania??

I have never posted a rumour on here previously, just passing info on from someone I believe

Maybe thats why he was there.

Empty building ....say no more :rolleyes:

Media conf at 12 noon today so I'm assuming that they are all back from Lithuania for the stadium announcement and maybe an update re manager and signings

jamboinglasgow

I would presume that they have already had their meeting with vlad and come back, probably last night. If the shortlist had been agreed and vlad wanted a few interviews with canidates then this would make sense.

Hagar the Horrible

No they are all coming back today, only PL is available and he is busy with the media announcing the new stadium plan. So i doubt this very much!

Nucky Thompson
Is Lopez in Lithuania??

I have never posted a rumour on here previously, just passing info on from someone I believe

Exactly lou, Lopez is here and will be doing a press release at 12 noon. I believe you by the way.

Exactly lou, Lopez is here and will be doing a press release at 12 noon. I believe you by the way.

Cheers, thought twice about posting it, as you know what the response will be:mad:

Hope your right Lou,i hope this is the way hearts do it anyway,just announce a press conference and say "right this is our new manager".

Glamorgan Jambo

Hope you're right Lou. Would be a fantastic appointment if it happened.

Lou wouldn't lie but her brother talks so much pesh it might be him! ;)

Honestly though Lou, must you start ANOTHER thread on him? Is that FOUR BD threads on the first page?

:cheese:

Lou wouldn't lie but her brother talks so much pesh it might be him! ;)

Honestly though Lou, must you start ANOTHER thread on him? Is that FOUR BD threads on the first page?

:cheese:

Did'nt hear from Ed, so it may be true:)

Buffalo Bill

just because there are sharks in the ocean does not mean you should not go for a swim

still say he's a craig brown mini me who always come across in interviews badly and whines constantly.

Would be a poor appointment as he's very over rated .To not even go for the scotland interview was poor judgement by him.

still say he's a craig brown mini me who always come across in interviews badly and whines constantly.

Would be a poor appointment as he's very over rated .To not even go for the scotland interview was poor judgement by him.

Given where we currently are and why, there are very few managers with British experience that would be a poor appointment

Did'nt hear from Ed, so it may be true:)

Woosh! This may just be true!:)

Can I reiterate that I think a manager like Davies would be a fantastic appointment, a sign of ambition from the club and he would have the cojones to stand up to Akela in Lithuania.

What I will say is if it IS true, then the shiny all new and improved HMFCKB will be tested to the limit today, I hope Peter Parker has some tricks up his sleeve.

Archived