Barry Ferguson (merged threads)

coppercrutch

Barry the crab knew what he was doing.

If that was Miko.... he would be torn to pieces by the press but once again the love for Ferguson by the press and that t*** Mccurry has come through as usual.

Barry Ferguson is a has been, he has done **** all for Rangers in the last 2 seasons and by cheating in a semi final, by the national captain and in the national stadium shows hes nothing more than a cheating ****.

Barry Ferguson is a disgrace.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How a handball that controls the ball perfectly for a player who then spins and scores would be allowed in ANY game is unbelievable.

Should've been an immediate foul, no matter if he meant it or not.

I totally agree mate,some of the s**** on here is unbelievable!

Coppercrutch-Please go to SPECSAVERS .dO YOU HAVE A rancers scarf?

Aye thats it you got me. :ninja:

I don't have a rangers scarf, I also dont have maroon tinted spectacles on when it concerns this incident. Seems only 2 other posters on this thread are capable of having an unbiased point of view when it comes to this. ;)

PS. I can fully understand why anyone would be biased against that wiedgie ned. :)

Well the Jose handball shouldn't be a Penalty anyway because the ball hit his Thigh and bounced up onto his Hand so it was unintentional but the Ferguson Handball was very intentional,you see him moving his Hand towards the ball!

Barry Ferguson is probably one of the most overrated Players in Scottish Football anyway,he couldnae even make it at a Second rate English Team!

Walter Bishop
Well the Jose handball shouldn't be a Penalty anyway because the ball hit his Thigh and bounced up onto his Hand so it was unintentional but the Ferguson Handball was very intentional,you see him moving his Hand towards the ball!

Barry Ferguson is probably one of the most overrated Players in Scottish Football anyway,he couldnae even make it at a Second rate English Team!

Blah blah blah Here we go again!!! Aye the finish after the handball was that of an over rated player right enough!!!!

Like I and a few others have said, we should never have had this penalty against us because we had ample opportunity to clear our lines, but couldn't. If any of our defenders had managed to put a half decent header on the ball to clear the danger, we'd never have been in the situation to concede this penalty.

We couldn't get the basics right on the night and that's why we lost. Rangers were pretty poor themselves, but showed that they have players of a better quality who can make a difference at times by showing some quality even when their team isn't playing well.

Yes but in that situation he has hit the ball against his own hand. I would always argue that is 'intentional' because it was his own body movement. (Whether he consciously meant it or not)

And just because the fuds hand is moving towards the ball does not mean it is intentional.

If you are walking towards a truck and it veers and hits you did you mean for that to happen ? I don't think so. ;)

That is exactly what I think happened in this situation.

Anyway enough of this. And can't beleive I thought tha gretna game was tomorrow. :confused:

Yes but in that situation he has hit the ball against his own hand. I would always argue that is 'intentional' because it was his own body movement. (Whether he consciously meant it or not)

And just because the fuds hand is moving towards the ball does not mean it is intentional.

If you are walking towards a truck and it veers and hits you did you mean for that to happen ? I don't think so. ;)

Anyway enough of this. And can't beleive I thought tha gretna game was tomorrow. :confused:

hmm true but we all know that most of the time refs won't give Penalties if the ball comes up and hits the Hand after coming off another part of the anatomy and his Hands were down at his side...:smile:

And the Ferguson incident,9 times outta 10 the ref will give a freekick for handball because he's gained an advantage....There was an English game on at the weekend Sunderland v Birmingham i think amd Sunderland thought they scored but the ref chalked the goal off because the guy lost his balance and fell onto the ball and it might have hit his Hand (not sure cause i've sen a few replays and can't decide whether it hit his hand or not) then he spun his leg round and hit the ball into the net....

Anyway usually if you gain an advantage whether the Handballs intentional or not the ref usually blows for a Freekick:p

heehee,i love they little sticky outty tongue smileys....Oops sorry...Shutting up now:embarassed:

Aw man,what am i gonna do tomorrow,no Football!!

Blah blah blah Here we go again!!! Aye the finish after the handball was that of an over rated player right enough!!!!

Your pals a CHEAT. ;)

Well said.:)

hmm true but we all know that most of the time refs won't give Penalties if the ball comes up and hits the Hand after coming off another part of the anatomy and his Hands were down at his side...:smile:

And the Ferguson incident,9 times outta 10 the ref will give a freekick for handball because he's gained an advantage....There was an English game on at the weekend Sunderland v Birmingham i think amd Sunderland thought they scored but the ref chalked the goal off because the guy lost his balance and fell onto the ball and it might have hit his Hand (not sure cause i've sen a few replays and can't decide whether it hit his hand or not) then he spun his leg round and hit the ball into the net....

Anyway usually if you gain an advantage whether the Handballs intentional or not the ref usually blows for a Freekick:p

heehee,i love they little sticky outty tongue smileys....Oops sorry...Shutting up now:embarassed:

Aw man,what am i gonna do tomorrow,no Football!!

I totally agree. But I don't think they should in the circumstance. If they are not 100% certain it was intentional they should, IMO, give attacking players the benefit of the doubt - to encourage attacking play.

Of course there will be players who take advantage of this but that will occur in all aspects of the game.

Anyway off to get bevvied. :P

I can well believe it if your views on Bazza's hand-ball being accidental are anything to go by. ;)

Look at it again - yes the ball may come to his hand from Berra's foot but his hand is NOT by his side and he then compounds the hand-ball by pushing the ball downwards rather than getting his hand out the way. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing from the moment the ball reached him - otherwise why would he need to move his hand down - hardly a natural movement for a football player unless a goalkeeper!

Miller Jambo 60
Our heads went down after the first goal.

It was embarrasing. A team became 11 average individuals in a matter of minutes.

Wonder why cheated again GFA FACKS

Miller Jambo 60
Just had another look at this thread, was off to bed last night as I said :)

I still totally stand by what I said. If anyone looks at that footage and thinks that Berra DID NOT kick the ball, IMO, they need their head examined.

Take the maroon tinted specs off guys. It is a little embarresing. You are sounding like the great unwashed.

For all the people that are saying the ball clearly comes off The fuds upper thigh have another look at the vid. and take a closer look at what Berra's foot is doing at the time. ;)

As I have said this is all about intent and 'unnatural hand positions'. As you can see from the video the fuds hands are up at shoulder height (I imagine for balance) before the ball is kicked against his hand. If the ball then hits his hand then how that can be described as 'intentional' or 'unnatural' is beyond me.

As I have said if I was a ref I would have played on.

Get over it guys. They scored a perfectly good goal. And they beat us. Roll on Saturday. :)

HAND BALL end off

Aye thats it you got me. :ninja:

I don't have a rangers scarf, I also dont have maroon tinted spectacles on when it concerns this incident. Seems only 2 other posters on this thread are capable of having an unbiased point of view when it comes to this. ;)

PS. I can fully understand why anyone would be biased against that wiedgie ned. :)

"Unbiased" doesn't mean the same thing as "an opinion that agrees with Coppercrutch's".

Sorry to burst that bubble.

My dad has been a Rangers fan for 55 years. He's also a Barry Ferguson fan. His "biased" view? Deliberate handball and a free kick to Hearts.

Archived