Someone please tell me whats so good about???

jayjay

Eggert Jonnson. At his very best he is only average i have said this since the boy came into the team. What does he offer that rueben Doesnt? Nothing.

Is he netter than Rueben? No.

Someone please explain to me? Ive played at a high Level and cant quite work out whats good about him???? I Am Baffled

alwaysthereinspirit
Eggert Jonnson. At his very best he is only average i have said this since the boy came into the team. What does he offer that rueben Doesnt? Nothing.

Someone please explain to me? Ive played at a high Level and cant quite work out whats good about him???? I Am Baffled

You should be telling us as you've played at a high level (Ben Nevis) and we are but lowly fans.

He can play many positions, defence, holding midfield and now wing.

He doesn't play any better than Ruben in the middle but is more versatile than him, he adds depth to a squad and he's young and will improve.

He is a youngster who has got massive potential, but he needs to play in the middle.

I would drop Stewart and play Johnsson in the middle with Ruben.

JayJay, Jonsson is just a young lad trying to make his way. He has potential but we should be able to do better at this point than a 19 year old.

But JayJay we have some terrible, and I mean trully awful, players all over the park.

Played out of position tonight - will offer the team more in the middle although not sure we can afford both him and Ruben in the middle as neither offers enough in an attacking sense.

You should be telling us as you've played at a high level (Ben Nevis) and we are but lowly fans.

:laugh:

He's the best right winger in the squad, shame his preferred position is defensive midfield. He's twice the player of most in the squad, and he's only 19, he can only get better.

Oh very good Yer A hoot NOB

JayJay, Jonsson is just a young lad trying to make his way. He has potential but we should be able to do better at this point than a 19 year old.

But JayJay we have some terrible, and I mean trully awful, players all over the park.

Sorry but i just cant see it.

Ah but its all about opinions so thats why i posted just to see how different people have different opinions. Cheers guys.

Played out of position tonight - will offer the team more in the middle although not sure we can afford both him and Ruben in the middle as neither offers enough in an attacking sense.

In a nutshell mate, good player playing out of position tonight. Him & Ruben are too similar and it goes to show Larry must play in the middle when he returns as we miss any creative spark form the middle with Stewart in this poor form. Hurry back Larry please !!!

loveofthegame

He's very slow, which concerns me for a modern day footballer.

I like bits and pieces(workrate, tackling) but hes done nothing that suggests to me '**** me hes a player.' No cutting passes, no great skill etc.

Time will tell with him but i think hes been bigged up far too much too early. Heres hoping he develops

He's very slow, which concerns me for a modern day footballer.

I like bits and pieces(workrate, tackling) but hes done nothing that suggests to me '**** me hes a player.' No cutting passes, no great skill etc.

Time will tell with him but i think hes been bigged up far too much too early. Heres hoping he develops

He's another player that a myth has been created around IMO, where people are desperate to believe he's a player without much evidence actually showing he is.

I'm with Jayjay on this one.Cannot pass,shoot or cross.Runs about and fouls a lot but for some reason he is rated here.He is only 19 excuse doesn't work for me as well.If you cannot pass,shoot or cross at 19 you will not be able to do it at 28.See Robbie Neilson to back this arguement up.:)

In a nutshell mate, good player playing out of position tonight. Him & Ruben are too similar and it goes to show Larry must play in the middle when he returns as we miss any creative spark form the middle with Stewart in this poor form. Hurry back Larry please !!!

Jonnson couldn't lace Rubens boots so no way are they similar.:eek:

Great ... another player for the fans to get on the back of. Dead constructive criticism as per usual.

Are there any players in the team that people actually rate? I'm at my tether's end going to games to listen to fans berate each and every f***** player in maroon at some point during the game just cause they've the misfortune to give the ball away once or twice in 90 minutes.

These players are far better than the shower we used to have to watch over the past 20 years that I've followed Hearts. It be good for folk to remember that sometimes

loveofthegame
Great ... another player for the fans to get on the back of. Dead constructive criticism as per usual.

Are there any players in the team that people actually rate? I'm at my tether's end going to games to listen to fans berate each and every f***** player in maroon at some point during the game just cause they've the misfortune to give the ball away once or twice in 90 minutes.

These players are far better than the shower we used to have to watch over the past 20 years that I've followed Hearts. It be good for folk to remember that sometimes

Read the thread- noone's getting on his back, just saying he may be being overhyped.

And in answer to your question in bold, there arent many no. We're in the bottom 6 and out both cups. Its still January and our seasons all but over- what is there to be happy about?!

Are there any players in the team that people actually rate?s

No, not really.

Pretending they are better than they are isn't very constructive either.

serial hearts moaners kick into gear.. naebody's good enough

I salute you!

salute away but none are good enough!!!!!

serial hearts moaners kick into gear.. naebody's good enough

I salute you!

Whereas accepting mediocrity is the way forward.

in FM2008, he always gets signed by a bigger team, so he must be good, FM is never wrong!

On a more seriuous note, he is a very good player for his age and experince and also, lets rememeber he is playing in a very poor team, most players, expect for worldclass players would look averge in our team, that is the difference between good players and world class players.

portobellojambo1

Not sure if anybody has ever stated he is an excellent player or not. He is a hard working midfield player, who can win a lot of balls if used properly. Of course he is different to Ruben Palazuelos, he plays a different type of game, presses the ball more, whereas Ruben is a much more accurate passer of the ball. I think, given time, the two could actually compliment each others games, rather than have to be compared against each other.

Tonight was but another baffling managerial decision, you do not play a ball winner out right on the wing, hence taking him out of the area of the park in which he operates best.

I have seen him play well this season, I have also seen him struggle on occasions, he is another player I think who could benefit from the guidance of a good man manager, one playing him to maximise what he can offer.

Not sure if anybody has ever stated he is an excellent player or not. He is a hard working midfield player, who can win a lot of balls if used properly. Of course he is different to Ruben Palazuelos, he plays a different type of game, presses the ball more, whereas Ruben is a much more accurate passer of the ball. I think, given time, the two could actually compliment each others games, rather than have to be compared against each other.

Tonight was but another baffling managerial decision, you do not play a ball winner out right on the wing, hence taking him out of the area of the park in which he operates best.

I have seen him play well this season, I have also seen him struggle on occasions, he is another player I think who could benefit from the guidance of a good man manager, one playing him to maximise what he can offer.

Pj1 spot on m8.... there is also an under lying thing here was he not in the Iceland international squad recently??????? end of .... i think he is an excellent player and should be played infront of Stewart every day of the week. Now when Mr Kingston comes back ( if he does) then it should be (IMO) 4-4-1-1 midfeild should be Chesney,Kingston,Eggert,(RUBEN)Driver with Velicka and A N Other up front

This thread sums up what is wrong with Hearts fans these days. 19 year old comes straight into the first team, plays well to start with, much better than expected and then his form starts to drop a bit.

So what do we do? Rally round him? Do we ****. We slaughter him and say he's nothing.

Well done Hearts fans, well done.

This thread sums up what is wrong with Hearts fans these days. 19 year old comes straight into the first team, plays well to start with, much better than expected and then his form starts to drop a bit.

So what do we do? Rally round him? Do we ****. We slaughter him and say he's nothing.

well said

Well said.

Jonsson is not an attacking midfielder, yet Frail has been playing him wide on the right with Ruben filling the defensive midfield role.

Alexander O'Neil just about got it right - "I''m fed up 'cause all you wanna do is criticise"

He is a youngster who has got massive potential, but he needs to play in the middle.

I would drop Stewart and play Johnsson in the middle with Ruben.

This should have ben the subsitution to get driver on last night.

I think he has been our best player this season. He has more energy, running power and tackling ability than any of our other midfielders. I also think he is a good passer of the ball.

But he had his worst game of the season last night. As I said before the game he had to play in front of the defence to cut off Ferguson's runs. Stewart and Palazuelos are too immobile to do that.

The Real Maroonblood
Not one person has actually answered the question, other than saying he has "potential".

Miko also has potential.

:):whistling:

Archived