Velicka's general play

Tynecastle Valhalla

Tynecastle Valhalla

He really needs to sort this out, every game I lose count of the amount of times he gives it away.

Jambo Forever

You have to be kidding???

He worked his arse off the whole game. There was alot worse on that pitch than him tonight

Tynecastle Valhalla

He worked his arse off the whole game. There was alot worse on that pitch than him tonight

Not joking, he did not work hard, gave it away countles amount of times and missed a good chance.

He has scored a lot of goals this season and definititely has ability but needs to improve his general game.

He worked his arse off the whole game.

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

There was alot worse on that pitch than him tonight

You can have that one.

what planet were you watching the match on, everytime he lost the ball he made no effort to try and get it back. Made it harder for everyone else surely.

It wasn't one of Velicka's better games tbh. He gave the ball away too easily. He was unlucky with his chance as the ball bobbled.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He was absolutely pish.

If there is one thing that infuriates me it is players losing the ball and then going in a huff.

You are paid thousands of pounds you arrogant *****.

Commander Harris

He didn't have a great game and should have done better with his chance. Wouldn't say he was to blame for the defeat though - the whole team played poorly and created very little.

Velicka is clearly a very good finisher, and he has been working very hard lately, he had a poor game but doesn't deserve a slating. Without him this season we'd be completely donald ducked.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm putting his performance down to Frail.

Why was he dropping deep for the ball EVERY time????????

He should have been on the last man along with Nade.

It was Davie Weir not Maldini FFS.

thought he came too deep a lot of times for the ball,it's because we dont have anyone creative in midfield,thats why he comes deep for the ball,someone like PH or CC could send him allthe time

I think we need to play to his strengths more - making him come back into the midfield to pick up the ball isn't his game.

As I saidon another thread...

Stop skiting along the ground and LOOKING at the ref.

Play to the whistle vel,.. you Could be GREAT,.. instead of merely Good..

He's had a lot of plaudits this year - fans thinking he's worth ?3.75m etc!:dribble:

But all the worst in his game was exposed last night - he clearly doesn't have the ability to play in the hole, didn't work to get the ball back when he lost it, can't hold or pass the ball, and he had a number of dives. His game is all about his finishing but that is 3 sitters missed in 3 games - 2 of which have cost us.

Exactly i thought he was very good and his workrate right now is better than any other Hearts player.Yeah he should have scored but other than that he was good last night.

thought he came too deep a lot of times for the ball,it's because we dont have anyone creative in midfield,thats why he comes deep for the ball,someone like PH or CC could send him allthe time

He has been told to come deep.We were just playing 4-4-1-1 last night but with different personel.

Mmmmm...

He's had a wee surge in performance lately. There have been people up to watch him of course. And now we're hours away from the deadline and nothing concrete in terms of an offer for him...

Was the upping of his game co-incidence or not I wonder. Suppose we need to wait and see.

Mmmmm...

He's had a wee surge in performance lately. There have been people up to watch him of course. And now we're hours away from the deadline and nothing concrete in terms of an offer for him...

Was the upping of his game co-incidence or not I wonder. Suppose we need to wait and see.

I don't think there's anything like that going on. He can't seriously think that teams would want to sign him.

He had a purple patch and is now reverting to his normal game. Not helped of course by Frail repeatedly playing him in the hole - a role he is not capable of.

Substitutions were poor. Frail took off the wrong winger and then the wrong striker and then swapped LBs for no reason at all.

The People's Chimp

The problem is, however, that Velicka can't hold the ball up very well as he never ever finds the man with his passes. I losdt count last night of the number of times he failed to put enough power on a pass. Can he not put his foot through the ball? He is a good finisher (last two games excluded) but he needs to work on his general play because it is not helping the cause one bit.

Archived