People banging on the window

icenoodle

A nine page thread with folk who couldn't even be arsed going to watch a cup semi-final calling the fans who actually turned up a "disgrace" and an "embarrasement" for giving abuse to a former Hibs manager.

Ironic.

Maybe next time you can actually turn up and show us how we're meant to behave? :rolleyes:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we are we are we are the hearts:527:

Good to see a vocal support last night. Always tend to see that when you get down to the hardcore support. :)

A nine page thread with folk who couldn't even be arsed going to watch a cup semi-final calling the fans who actually turned up a "disgrace" and an "embarrasement" for giving abuse to a former Hibs manager.

Ironic.

Maybe next time you can actually turn up and show us how we're meant to behave? :rolleyes:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I thought the half time entertainment was about the best ever last night.

Jambos storming the TV lounge windows:)

But what about the ten second shoot out. On the last attempt , with Junior Huns having the game in the bag , the little Hearts keeper didn't even try to save the kick he just grabbed him around the shoulders and hauled the lad to the ground. PMSL at the time.

1. Take one glass box.

2. Put it in the Hearts end.

3. Add John Collins.

4. Place him 18 inches from the window

5. After 45 minutes, give it a good old stir and hey presto!

6. Cue...

loveofthegame
I thought the half time entertainment was about the best ever last night.

Jambos storming the TV lounge windows:)

But what about the ten second shoot out. On the last attempt , with Junior Huns having the game in the bag , the little Hearts keeper didn't even try to save the kick he just grabbed him around the shoulders and hauled the lad to the ground. PMSL at the time.

Haha aye proper Murrayfield style rugby tackle, very funny!

Made up for the fact that our under 14s couldnae score in a bucket of......

All good fun though

harmless banter ffs.looking at the hordes of empty seats last night in the hearts end was the real embarassment to our famous club,are half of our support turning into hobos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought it was funny.it would have stoped earlier if strathclyde police werent doing the bouncy in the huns end!!!!

Dougie donnely was lucky they didnt slaughter that dodgy perm of his

No answer to that -you and your companions are hysterically funny -rabble , seriously have you actually EVER been to a hearts /football game in your life

My first Hearts game was the League Cup Final of 1954. Since then I have followed Hearts to every ground in Scotland, as well as to Munich, Bordeaux, Bragga, and Basle.

At present I am a season ticket holder, shareholder,and member of the New 500 Club. I was a member of the Executive Club for many years, followed by the 40 Club.

Health has not been so good over the last two years, and, yes, I was not at Hampden on Wednesday, but you are completely wrong to accuse me, and probably many others who are in my position, of not being true fans.

My allegiance to the Heart of Mid-Lothian Football Club is undeniable, and can bear comparison with anyone.

Your insults are undeserved, but they bother me not one jot!

loveofthegame
My first Hearts game was the League Cup Final of 1954. Since then I have followed Hearts to every ground in Scotland, as well as to Munich, Bordeaux, Bragga, and Basle.

At present I am a season ticket holder, shareholder,and member of the New 500 Club. I was a member of the Executive Club for many years, followed by the 40 Club.

Health has not been so good over the last two years, and, yes, I was not at Hampden on Wednesday, but you are completely wrong to accuse me, and probably many others who are in my position, of not being true fans.

My allegiance to the Heart of Mid-Lothian Football Club is undeniable, and can bear comparison with anyone.

Part-timer....:P

Sorry to hear you've not been keeping too well, hopefully nothing too serious?

I'd agree that your allegiance to Hearts is undeniable, just as I'm sure badly drawn boy and many others on this thread (no matter the conflicting views on window banging) are equally, and wholly committed to the Hearts.

Lets hope we all have something to look forward to soon.

Sorry to hear you've not been keeping too well, hopefully nothing too serious?

I'd agree that your allegiance to Hearts is undeniable, just as I'm sure badly drawn boy and many others on this thread (no matter the conflicting views on window banging) are equally, and wholly committed to the Hearts.

Lets hope we all have something to look forward to soon.

Thank you John.

The voice of reason.

Does anyone remember a game at Tynecastle when we beat Dundee Utd in Scottish Cup, 1995 (Millar scored twice).

Alex Miller was in the makeshift studio above the access path where the pre-built Roseburn stand now sits.

The fans pouring out of the Wheatfield saw him on the TV, and gave it to him tight on their way out the ground.

You should've seen the guy's face.

He was mortified! And there were thousands of us at it.

I'm not saying it was nice.

I just thought it was quite funny.

Ah, who cares!

Buffalo Bill

Does anyone remember a game at Tynecastle when we beat Dundee Utd in Scottish Cup, 1995 (Millar scored twice).

Alex Miller was in the makeshift studio above the access path where the pre-built Roseburn stand now sits.

The fans pouring out of the Wheatfield saw him on the TV, and gave it to him tight on their way out the ground.

Ah, who cares!

Buffalo Bill

What was the name of the Brazilian dude that opened the scoring for Utd?

Ah, who cares!

Buffalo Bill

Link

Him aye?

It all seemed like harmless fun to me. I have no idea what it sounded like or looked like to all the armchair supporters sitting at home poo-poo'ing the antics of a few, because I was at the game actually supporting my team. If anything, the Hearts support did credit to the club. We got behind the team from the off, the singing was loud and proud throughout, no secterian bull and plenty of be-littleing the Hibees. The fact that the cubic cranial personification of the Hibees happened to be sitting right behind the Hearts fans was a bonus and naturally took the bulk of the pelters. Sorry, I have no time for these so called "fans" who do nothing but whinge and moan from their armchairs. If your not happy, then maybe you should get off your arses and attend the games, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy yourself. Or go watch cricket instead.

Rangers? At one point I forgot they even had fans there.......

HEAR HEAR!!!! I couldnt agree more,we sang our hearts out from the begining,the rangers fans didnt start singing till they got the first goal.Although it was the coldest nite and a crap result i still felt a bit of pride hearing everyone singing.

badly drawn boy
I didn't use the word "disgraceful", but I did find it embarrassing.

Maybe that's me. Maybe it's my generation.

Others,who were with me were not impressed, and I know that any uncommitted (football-wise) parent or grand-parent would probably not look favourably on their off-spring joining such a rabble.

Yes. The fact that it was on national television is a big factor in my discomfort.

Amazed Rdewar that after following HMFC for 50 years that you could get upset about a group of fans banging on a window and winding up a ex hibee manager

For most of us who have followed Hmfc throughout the years , this episode wouldn't register in the rabble category

Likewise the parents or grand-parents that will not allow their 0ff-spring to become Hearts fans , if they all so precious and sensitive -its probaby better they stay away

Was that not the game Kevin thomas got a really knee injury?

Possibly.

Did he not suffer a serious injury on the turf at Hampden though?

I could be wrong, My mind is starting to wander.:confused:

Amazed Rdewar that after following HMFC for 50 years that you could get upset about a group of fans banging on a window and winding up a ex hibee manager

For most of us who have followed Hmfc throughout the years , this episode wouldn't register in the rabble category

Likewise the parents or grand-parents that will not allow their 0ff-spring to become Hearts fans , if they all so precious and sensitive -its probaby better they stay away

At my age I'm delighted to amaze somebody,(anybody!).

Guest S.U.S.S.

FFS people, some lads banged on a window to have a laugh at an ex hubz manager, nobody kicked the crap out of an oap. lets get over it.

FFS people, some lads banged on a window to have a laugh at an ex hubz manager, nobody kicked the crap out of an oap. lets get over it.

Consider me "over it".

I only expressed my opinion on the matter.

To me it just kind of crossed a boundary ...........like 'we' were physically manhandling the guys.

I'm all for giving the guys pelters but a harmless yet rousing rendition of "tell all the Hibs you know" might have been better. I imagine that hearing that coming through full pelt would have raised a chuckle in even the dourest of Edinburgh households :)

Instead, Dougie Donnelly labelled us morons and while you might argue that's his 'problem' if he cant take a joke there will me many people of the same mind who now have just a wee bit less reason to think fondly of us

It's all very well to say "FFS nobody got hurt and nobody died" but where do you start to draw a line as regards acceptable behaviour

Guest S.U.S.S.
To me it just kind of crossed a boundary ...........like 'we' were physically manhandling the guys.

I'm all for giving the guys pelters but a harmless yet rousing rendition of "tell all the Hibs you know" might have been better. I imagine that hearing that coming through full pelt would have raised a chuckle in even the dourest of Edinburgh households :)

Instead, Dougie Donnelly labelled us morons and while you might argue that's his 'problem' if he cant take a joke there will me many people of the same mind who now have just a wee bit less reason to think fondly of us

It's all very well to say "FFS nobody got hurt and nobody died" but where do you start to draw a line as regards acceptable behaviour

Simple, you need a burd!;)

Jeez, I cant believe some people are still debating this

Do they not have anything else to occupy thier time with?

It wasnt a big deal to begin with, but it was embarrassing as it was a clear, public and a physical example of how the fans/club are embarrassing.

Whether it was meant this way or not.

Its publicity we DONT need, thats why some people were irked by it.

If it had been a few seconds it would have went down as boisterous fans.

But it went on too long and even got mentioned by the commentators, this ridiculed them, and therefore all of us. THATS what we didnt need.

Now get over it.

Archived