top 3 most vile foods

yvonnejambo

Tripe

Marzipan

Egg white...especially the crispy bits on hard fried eggs

apart from those 3 I'll pretty much eat anything, which explains my current size. maybe its a legacy of being born when rationing was still in force, and for years after I was told "eat it, its all yer gettin"

Tripe - Still carry some hate for the people who abused me with it as a kid.

Any mechanically removed meat - no explaination needed !

Fried eggs.

chester copperpot

Any organ of an animal (Liver, Heart, Kidneys etc etc)

Celery - Only foodstuff that you burn calories eating, that because you end up spewing up after eating it.

Brussel Sprouts - Yuck, no I mean, Yuck.

Almost any food I consider vile has more to do with smell than actual taste or even texture: Liver, Celery and buttered popcorn all make me gag and it has gotten way worse since I quite smoking last year. I have no problem with the wife smoking in front of me but she puts popcorn in the microwave and I’m talking divorce

Salt & Vinegar crisps might be the biggest seller in the UK but I really find them disgusting.

Marzipan - guilty of spoiling every wedding I've ever been at. It looks like sh i t and tatsed awful. Does ANYONE actually like that stuff.

Celery - reminds me of hogweed and has a foul taste.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Can't believe the bashing seafood is getting - especially Musslels, they're great. Prawns too. I don't mind eggs, but only really have them scrambled or for dipping soldiers in to.

Hatred reserved for:

Cooked fruit (Pies are for meat, not apples and the like)

Mushrooms

Onions

Gobsmacked at so many people mentioning tripe. I didn't think you could even get it now. My Dad used to have it quite a lot and the smeel made me gag so it would be top of my list. Followed by Blue Cheese, smelly too. After that, not a lot really. Smegma I suppose????? But at least that can be washed off to kill the smell.

Sexton Hardcastle

tomatoe sauce you get at the shows/ carnival. its not real tommy sauce it tastes too sour. Cheap and nasty, sums the buggers up

Chicken feet salad - the only food that has ever made me wretch just from trying a bit

Fried tarantula - only food I've ever been offered that I've had to decline

Tripe sounds minging but I've never tried it

Cucumber - the devil's food. It's just dirty water and infects everything it touches. It's only uses are for sandwich padding in schemie shops and for lonely old spinsters to guddle their gusset.

Celery. What kind of feckin' taste is that??

Squash - yanks seem to love it, tastes like watered down lemon to me. More pointless than truly hinging.

Cucumbers are **** indeed.

I'm voting for

1. canned tuna fish

2. canned salmon

3. canned sardines

Can I just add tapioca, someone today was talking about how good it is and seems to be making a come back :boak:

Salt & Vinegar crisps might be the biggest seller in the UK but I really find them disgusting.

Marzipan - guilty of spoiling every wedding I've ever been at. It looks like sh i t and tatsed awful. Does ANYONE actually like that stuff.

Celery - reminds me of hogweed and has a foul taste.

I love marzipan.

Buffalo Bill

I would not even feed my dogs tripe FFS.

I do, have been doing it for 3 weeks, raw. He loves it. Aye it has a bogging smell, but it only lasts in his bowl for seconds. He seems a lot healthier and happier since he started on it, with a couple of chicken drumsticks, also raw, as snacks. He also farts less so I can now blame him for mine.

Cheese

Liver

Hakarl - This is putrefied shark (not as nice as it sounds ;) ) which is a delicacy in Iceland ... below from Wikipedia explains how they make it

The shark itself is poisonous when fresh due to a high content of uric acid and trimethylamine oxide, but may be consumed after being processed (see below). It has a particular ammonia smell, not too dissimilar from many cleaning products. It is often served in cubes on toothpicks. Those new to it will usually gag involuntarily on the first attempt to eat it due to the high ammonia content. It is often eaten with a shot of the local spirit, brennivin. Eating h?karl is often associated with hardiness and strength.

It can be reddish or white. H?karl, especially the red variety, is considered easy for those with ulcers to digest.

Preparation

H?karl is prepared by gutting and beheading a Greenland or Basking shark and placing it in a shallow hole dug in gravelly-sand, with the now-cleaned cavity resting on a slight hill. The shark is then covered with sand and gravel, and stones are then placed on top of the sand in order to press the shark. The fluids from the shark are in this way pressed out of the body. The shark "rots" for 6-12 weeks, depending on the season, in this fashion.

Following this curing period, the shark is then cut into strips and hung to dry for several months. During this drying period a brown crust will develop, which is removed prior to cutting the shark into small pieces and serving. The modern method is just to press the shark's meat in a large drained plastic container.

Archived