Black or white pudding?

The People's Chimp

White or black pudding?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. White or black pudding?

1. Red

2. Black

3. White

Normally have a red pudding from the chippy, black is for rolls on a sunday morning and white if i fancy a change instead of red.

Commander Harris

not a fan of blood so if I had to chose I'd go with white, though I'm not too keen on either.

as bordeaux 03 red is first then black and white well its allways hard and dry when you get it from the chippy so white is out for me. now Fruit Pudding there is a lovely bit of breakfast that you dont see very often......

The People's Chimp
as bordeaux 03 red is first then black and white well its allways hard and dry when you get it from the chippy so white is out for me. now Fruit Pudding there is a lovely bit of breakfast that you dont see very often......

Fruit pudding is a disgrace. It is horrific.

Black pudding rolls with lots of mustard or white pudding supper after a few refreshments. You cant beat it!

The People's Chimp
Black pudding rolls with lots of mustard or white pudding supper after a few refreshments. You cant beat it!

You can't even get a white pudding supper in Glasgow. Shocking. :eek:

You can't even get a white pudding supper in Glasgow. Shocking. :eek:

What a shame. Poor wee weegie scrotes will just have to stick to their black pudding supper with vinegar!

i thought fruit pudding was white pudding? :confused:

if not what is white pudding?

i do love black pudding though.

White pudding has a quite oaty taste, its good though, can be a bit dry and claggy sometimes.

Black Pudding with a fry up, White Pudding wi loads o' chippy sauce after a good session.

:food-smiley-004::P

(But dont tell the wife lol)

White pudding is also known as mealy pudding, it's made with oatmeal and probably suet or something. Fruit pudding is basically a kind of dumpling. Only satan really knows what's in a red pudding, but I think they're a bit more sausagey.

Puddings, generally good!

hahaha

fruit.jpg

hav' it

That most go down as one of the most vilest foods ever, well that and bread and butter pudding :Icky::Icky:

The White Cockade

1. haggis pudding

2. black pudding

3. white pudding

all from the chippie with loads of brown sauce

bon appetit!

hmm well ive never encountered this mythical beast that is 'white pudding', obviously not a popular delicacy in Dumfries or Glasgow.

I do like fruit pudding though, cannae beat a fry up wae haggis, black puding, and fruit pudding

from a chippy white pudding.

for a roll, black pudding with brown sauce.

sunday morning/afternoon breakfast.

black pudding with fruit pudding

I actually enjoy black pudding uncooked.

Same here.

Blackpudding is my favourite by a mile. The examples produced by George G Lang in Easter Road are sheer genius and the only decent thing to come out of Leith. Apart from his rissoles.

Same here.

Blackpudding is my favourite by a mile. The examples produced by George G Lang in Easter Road are sheer genius and the only decent thing to come out of Leith. Apart from his rissoles.

I love black pudding. A chef once told me fry it for 20 seconds each side in hot oil, so it has a crispy exterior and soft red centre.

A chef once told me fry it for 20 seconds each side in hot oil

Sounds the biz. I will give it a try.

Incidentally, I only eat the best black pudding. All that mass produced Halls of Broxburn, M&S, etc etc stuff is rank.

Incidentally, I only eat the best black pudding. All that mass produced Halls of Broxburn, M&S, etc etc stuff is rank.

I never expected anything else. :)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I used to get red pudding from the butchers on Easter Rd next to Edina Place

It was well tasty, but I've never seen it for years and that butchers is shut now

Any puddings are tasty, but not the english black pudding with big lumps of white crap in it

I now have a craving for a bells dumpling, mmmmm, with tattie scones and french toast.

mmmm used to love bells dumplings

hate scabby black puddling and not a fan of white puddling either

Miller Jambo 60

What a raj poll at least we jambos are takin it on the chin

I love Black pudding:)

Graham Cherrie on Albert Street does a mean red pudding,(think its bought from the place in west calder) they also do a haggis that is about a 1/2 foot long also excellent.....

The People's Chimp

Oh aye, stornoway black or white pudding all the way.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Graham Cherrie on Albert Street does a mean red pudding,(think its bought from the place in west calder) they also do a haggis that is about a 1/2 foot long also excellent.....

I'm there at lunchtime!!

You mean before the butcher cooks it, when it is just hemoglobin and 'bits' :eek:

Or just cold before being heated at home or in the 'shop'?

Black puding and bacon on a roll, no sauce, savour the flavour :P

Black pudding from Stornoway is the best.

White pudding supper as healthy option from the chippy :cool:

Don't think I've ever had a red puddin', most commonly found in Aberdeen, I think...

Now time for lunch.....:527:

Archived