Scott Brown - Wants out of Celtic

vegas-voss

Seems he has fallen out with Strachan and wants out and may hand in a transfer request today.Think he might have been tapped by Newcastle,fecking great if he has been.Not that i rate him too much but it would just be great to see them get a taste of what they give to others.

Even if that turns out to be the case, they will still rack up a hefty several-million pound profit if he moves south.

He's only been on the books for 6 months so it would be a great piece of financial business if nothing else for smellick.

yeh sell him on for a profit

bring in robson better player scores goals etc

no bad bit business for the jungles

if true of course

Unforunately I have to put up with Celtic supporting in laws and not one of them rate Brown that highly. Say they would bite Keegan's hand off at decent offer.

Has he scored a goal for Celtic? That has been the weakest part of his game for a long time.

My view was always that Thomson was the better player of the two and that Rangers certainly got the better of the 2 deals.

When did he sign for Celtic?

Isn't there a rule that you can't play for more than 2 different clubs inside a 12 month period?

Say What Again
My view was always that Thomson was the better player of the two and that Rangers certainly got the better of the 2 deals.

Completely the opposite view from mine. :wacko:

I would have taken Brown over Thompson & Whittaker combined.

I always thought Celtic got the better player. :cool:

Sexton Hardcastle

think its 3 clubs. ala cousin for rangers going to fulham. If it was 2 clubs no one could ever go on loan really

Say What Again
Seems he has fallen out with Strachan and wants out and may hand in a transfer request today.Think he might have been tapped by Newcastle

Don't want to say 'source' brashy, just wondered where this is from. I've not seen a paper today, is it in them?

Has he scored a goal for Celtic? That has been the weakest part of his game for a long time.

Yes, against us.

think its 3 clubs. ala cousin for rangers going to fulham. If it was 2 clubs no one could ever go on loan really

You're probably right in that it's 3 clubs, but I don't think loans count towards that total - it's just complete tranfers...

Yes, against us.

Everybody scores against us! Has he scored any more?

He is supposed to be a great goalscoring midfielder in the Scholes mode. But he has never really scored many goals. Provides a lot of running though.

The rule is that you can't play for 3 clubs between 1 July one year & 30 June the next rather than that you can't play for 3 over a rolling 12 month period so Brown won't have played for Hibs within the relevant period.

Dean Winchester
When did he sign for Celtic?

Isn't there a rule that you can't play for more than 2 different clubs inside a 12 month period?

Is it not in the same season...? I.E Cousin deal

Everybody scores against us! Has he scored any more?

He is supposed to be a great goalscoring midfielder in the Scholes mode. But he has never really scored many goals. Provides a lot of running though.

I don't think he has, I could be wrong though.

I'd be lying if I said I payed much attention to his career tbh.

He definitly puts in a lot of effort, but so does Robbie Neilson.

The rule is that you can't play for 3 clubs between 1 July one year & 30 June the next rather than that you can't play for 3 over a rolling 12 month period so Brown won't have played for Hibs within the relevant period.

Aaah, ok. Fair enough.

Thanks for the clarification. :thumb:

chester copperpot
Is it not in the same season...? I.E Cousin deal

Cousin played for Lens before joining Rangers in August, so had technically played this season for Lens.

Brown transferred to Cellick at the end of last season effectively.

Dean Winchester

His profile on Celtic FC says hes scored 7

According to Wikipedia he has scored 18 goals in 123 games for Hibs and Celtic.

Not very impressive for someone who started out as a striker.

Browns a top player, but slightly over rated by the Celtic fans.

Great player, but a wee bit overated.

I heard Celtic are swapping him for Barton and cash?

Don't want to say 'source' brashy, just wondered where this is from. I've not seen a paper today, is it in them?

Back page of the Express mate or Star if you want the smutty version.

loveofthegame

Browns a great player, 5x the player the slow and one dimensional completely ordinary midfielder Kevin Thomson will ever be.

In todays inflated market, if Alan 'Cafu' Huttons worth ?8M i shudder to think what Brown would be worth.

But im pretty sure Browns agent is that ****bag above all ****bag's Willie Mackay, so its probably just him stirring it in an attempt to make himself more $$ asap. The guy cares so little about the players its frightening, i just wish the players themselves would wake up and smell the roses. Unfortunately most of them are so thick and greedy it'll probably never happen

Browns a great player, 5x the player the slow and one dimensional completely ordinary midfielder Kevin Thomson will ever be.

There are not many players who can set the pace of the game in the way that Thomson does. He never ever gives the ball away and is always available to get take it (in the way that Fulton was for us). It is a vital - and underappreciated - role in good football teams.

From what I've seen of Brown he's been nothing more than average for the mhanky mob. The move just hasn't suited him and while he's shown flashes of his potential, I think he's been a massive disappointment. I know quite a few Celtic fans have been very angry with his performances. Of course, the media always seem to give him a 8 or 9 in the match reports no matter how he plays.

Kevin Thomson has looked like a much better player this season IMO. He's not going to get the headlines, but has been quietly effective, does his job at breaking up the play and moving the ball on. I think he'll prove to be a bargain signing for them unfortunately.

Which one of the ugly sisters does Brown actually favour anyway? All the talk was that he was a hun but went to Celtic for the money?

And yes, his agent is Wullie McLies, so this rumour is no surprise really.

This came from rumours.com.

Personally I dont believe it, I think Brown is on a good think at Celtic and as much as it pains me to say I think he is one of Scotland's best midfielders.

loveofthegame
There are not many players who can set the pace of the game in the way that Thomson does. He never ever gives the ball away and is always available to get take it (in the way that Fulton was for us). It is a vital - and underappreciated - role in good football teams.

Players that do it well i completely agree, but at Rangers that is Barry Ferguson's job.

Thomson very rarely seems to contribute anything of much substance to Rangers. And like i said i think hes far too slow to be a modern centre mid, as was highlighted particularly in the Champions League were he was shown to be well out of his depth

Players that do it well i completely agree, but at Rangers that is Barry Ferguson's job.

Thomson very rarely seems to contribute anything of much substance to Rangers. And like i said i think hes far too slow to be a modern centre mid, as was highlighted particularly in the Champions League were he was shown to be well out of his depth

I've watched quite a lot of footy this season and I think Thomson has just been getting better and better. He's showing the wee ned Fergie up a lot of the time. Problem is that Fergie wants to do every role at the huns instead of leaving other players to get on with their own game. He's like the kid at school who you could never get the ball off as he had to take every throw-in, every free kick....

Browns a top player, but slightly over rated by the Celtic fans.

Great player, but a wee bit overated.

I heard Celtic are swapping him for Barton and cash?

he's not good enough for celtic. Theyve went backwards since last season

It's not like wgs to ruin a player. He's a dick

PMSL. Not good enough for the mhanks. Hes their best player easily. :)

no he's not. Mcdonald, Boruc, Nakamura, Mcmanus are far better.

I thought he's been found out big time at Celtic. No idea why, but he's been very disappointing and despite the media love-in, even a lot of their fans are now questioning why he's being played week in, week out.

I thought he's been found out big time at Celtic. No idea why, but he's been very disappointing and despite the media love-in, even a lot of their fans are now questioning why he's being played week in, week out.

he's just not a very good player. Doesnt score much, doesnt create much, offers nothing defensively and just runs about like a headless chicken leaving huge gaps in the field and putting more pressure on the rest of the midfield and defence

I think he's overrated. All the talk of him playing for a top 4 club in England is nonsense (at the moment anyway).

He doesn't get many goals from an attacking midfield position and his passing ability is highly suspect - I doubt most Celtic fans would be sad to see the back of him if they were making a profit.

No chance.

Browns probably theyre best player, Nakamura? Nakamura is p***ing off the Celtic fans as hes lazy.

Plus how can you say Boruc and McManus are better? Boruc is a keeper and McManus is a defender?

Celtic would have dropped more points if Brown wasnt there.

No chance.

Browns probably theyre best player, Nakamura? Nakamura is p***ing off the Celtic fans as hes lazy.

Plus how can you say Boruc and McManus are better? Boruc is a keeper and McManus is a defender?

Celtic would have dropped more points if Brown wasnt there.

nonsense - celtics centre of midfield is there weakest position, and one of the main reasons is because of Brown. Nakamura isnt great but he is capable of the odd flash of brilliance which is more than can be said about Brown. They are a far worse team then they were last season and Brown is one of the reasons why.

would add mcgeady to the list also

Walter Bishop

Found out big time as have you !!!!

Ferguson or Brown, Ferguson or Brown!!! Hardly a difficult choice now Julie!!!

Archived