Email Mailing Lists

Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious

Hi

My mate nearly got stung for ?250 of Ebay. Some 'seller' said that the PS3 could be picked up from his home. He lived quite close. So my mate did and then he turned round and said it was no longer available. Sounded like he was looking for Paypal payment.

Anyway he is at the con and I was looking for mailing lists I could subscribe him to is there any sites for mass subscriptions?

Paypal protects you for payments up to ?500. Maybe he was just a crap seller and sold it to someone else. Are you sure he was trying to rip your mate off?

Darth Sidious

All bidders were called 'Bidder 1', etc. His previous sales have been Private auctions and he has a few negative feedbacks, his purchase auctions are public though.

He said it was stolen and my mate asked for a Police Incident number as proof and the guy told him to bolt.

I think with all auctions over ?100 it automatically hides the bidder names, but I could be wrong though. Just give him bad feedback, and maybe report him to ebay as well. They will be able to check the bidders to see if he is inflating his auctions himself.

Paypal protects you for payments up to ?500. Maybe he was just a crap seller and sold it to someone else. Are you sure he was trying to rip your mate off?

Read the small print. There are dozens of conditions attached and most sales wouldnt be covered.

Read the small print. There are dozens of conditions attached and most sales wouldnt be covered.

If he had paid the ?250, and not received the item, he would be covered. Paypal always sides with the buyer, and his money would have been refunded.

However, it is irrelevant as he didn't pay for it.

Archived