Does Frail Really Have Full control?

Vlad_Knows_Best

Vlad_Knows_Best

Stephen is relishing his role as caretaker manager and keeps in regular contact with Vladimir Romanov.

He said: "I speak to him a couple of times a week. He wants to know everything that is going on, which is healthy. He has given me his backing and wants to know the team and why certain players are playing.

"There are owners all over the country who do that, I think it's right and it's been good for me to have the contact."

Just asking a question.

Commander Harris
Stephen is relishing his role as caretaker manager and keeps in regular contact with Vladimir Romanov.

He said: "I speak to him a couple of times a week. He wants to know everything that is going on, which is healthy. He has given me his backing and wants to know the team and why certain players are playing.

"There are owners all over the country who do that, I think it's right and it's been good for me to have the contact."

Just asking a question.

I don't know for sure but I believe he does judging from the changes since jan 1.

I don't think that sentence tells us that he doesn't. Wanting to know why the team that is playing is the team that is playing is not the same as him saying "play this player". one is getting information, the other is giving an instruction.

I'm an optimist so I interpreted it as the owner having an interest in the playing side, similar to a manager at work asking an employee his method of completing a task.

It seems like Frail has been picking the side recently, the proof for me being his discussion of wanting to play two up front at Aberdeen, and then doing so whilst picking a fairly uncontraversial XI for the 3rd game in a row.

portobellojambo1

Just asking a question.

I don't think we will ever know if he has total, i.e. absolute, control of the team, or if he is still subject to "outside" interference, even if on a vastly reduced scale.

It is one of the reasons I do not want Frail to be considered for the manager's position (I know he cannot be offered it anyway, as a result of not having the relevant qualifications), as I firmly believe any new manager coming in will want certain things clearly written into his contract, and will only agree to come on this basis. In fact we could have had a manager in the Summer, this was the main stumbling block, this assurance, total team control, was not given, he said "no thank you".

Just asking a question.

I think he does or should I say I have no proof to the contrary. I have no reason to believe that the statement made by the club is not true. The performances have been better, the players are talking in the media more it all sounds more positive.

Romanov owns the club and I think is well within his rights to ask who is playing and why, the problem arises when Romanov says no no he can't play I want (A.N other) to play instead.

Romanov wants a manager to explain how he's utilising the debt mountain - Frail isn't stupid, he knows he'll have to take time out to make sure the boss is happy.

Happens in every walk of life. This is no different.

If anything - i think Frail will probably earn kudos for this by nipping potential rumours in the bud and telling people he is happy to discuss footballing matters with his boss.

not as long as miko is playing is he in full control IMO :mad:

how does that work, miko played ok and has proved he has ability, not first choice but we had injuries. frail has always said he likes miko as he doesnt hide when the going gets tough whereas some players do.

I'm an optimist so I interpreted it as the owner having an interest in the playing side, similar to a manager at work asking an employee his method of completing a task.

It seems like Frail has been picking the side recently, the proof for me being his discussion of wanting to play two up front at Aberdeen, and then doing so whilst picking a fairly uncontraversial XI for the 3rd game in a row.

I agree. Notably, Cesnauskis has recovered from Vlad flu since Frail has been in charge.

Sorry but that is a ridiculous comment. Miko hasn't been first pick this season you will remember that driver and chesney have been out injured too.

You're going to base Frail picking the team on whether Miko is playing or not. I hope you'll be sitting on your hands if he scores the winner tomorrow.

Vlad_Knows_Best

I think there are certain ways round Frail not having the appropriate qualifications..........as long as he is booked on the relevant courses then he can be appointed...........I may be wrong though.

portobellojambo1
how does that work, miko played ok and has proved he has ability, not first choice but we had injuries. frail has always said he likes miko as he doesnt hide when the going gets tough whereas some players do.

Frail has also said Calum Elliot and Marius Zaliukas are good players. That, combined with what you have said above, if true, is perfect reason why he should not be managing the team any longer than it takes to find a replacement.

portobellojambo1
I think there are certain ways round Frail not having the appropriate qualifications..........as long as he is booked on the relevant courses then he can be appointed...........I may be wrong though.

He is not booked on those courses VKB. The next course is due June 2009 I believe, and he missed out on that one, not sure when the next is after that. Think it appeared somewhere on the official site when this all came to light at the turn of the year.

Frail has also said Calum Elliot and Marius Zaliukas are good players. That, combined with what you have said above, if true, is perfect reason why he should not be managing the team any longer than it takes to find a replacement.

Totally agree on those points but he aint doing too bad just now, and let's face it a good result tomorrow and he has got us too a final who would have thought we were capable of that just a couple of months ago??

We need an experienced man to come in that is gonna command respect from the sfa, refs, fellow bosses and the players IMO Frail only has the players backing.

He wants to know everything that is going on...and wants to know the team

Says it all for me! I think the improved morale amongst the squad must be partly due to the fact that they now know if they perform well in training they'll get a chance in the team, if they perform well in the team, they'll continue to get a chance, if they screw up (a la Clum and his sending off) then they can prepare themselves for a spell on the sidelines!

Players like Karipidis (who was complaining, via his agent, a few months ago about seeking a move elsewhere if he wasn't going to get an opportunity) are being rewarded for consistent perfomances and the team as a whole is beginning to reap those rewards.

If people weren't convinced that Vlad had learned a lesson on the back of his 01/01 statement then surely they must agree that the difference giving sole control to one man (even Stevie!) has made, will surely have sunk into Vlad's heid by now?

portobellojambo1
Totally agree on those points but he aint doing too bad just now, and let's face it a good result tomorrow and he has got us too a final who would have thought we were capable of that just a couple of months ago??

We need an experienced man to come in that is gonna command respect from the sfa, refs, fellow bosses and the players IMO Frail only has the players backing.

Agree rab, we need a totally fresh start, whether it be a new face to HMFC, or an ex manager coming in we need someone who can look at the existing squad objectively, and make the necessary decisions as to who stays and who goes.

The new man will probably not get his choices 100% correct, but I suspect he would be more ruthless with the less "gifted" players than Frail would be.

In football, as in life, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

I watch with interest with regard to those players who throw 100% support behind Frail, and to date it has been mostly players who many Hearts fans would not be too bothered if they left Tynecastle. Such gestures by players could cloud Frail's judgement, and we cannot afford that to happen.

Agree rab, we need a totally fresh start, whether it be a new face to HMFC, or an ex manager coming in we need someone who can look at the existing squad objectively, and make the necessary decisions as to who stays and who goes.

The new man will probably not get his choices 100% correct, but I suspect he would be more ruthless with the less "gifted" players than Frail would be.

I watch with interest with regard to those players who throw 100% support behind Frail, and to date it has been mostly players who many Hearts fans would not be too bothered if they left Tynecastle. Such gestures by players could cloud Frail's judgement, and we cannot afford that to happen.

Totally agree about the 'new man', but Velicka is the only example, that Frail has held up, as the type of player/commitment he's after and Velicka has not uttered a word to the press about how things have improved - he's just kept his head down and got on with it!

Vlad_Knows_Best
He is not booked on those courses VKB. The next course is due June 2009 I believe, and he missed out on that one, not sure when the next is after that. Think it appeared somewhere on the official site when this all came to light at the turn of the year.

That clears that up then PJ........cheers

:lightning::Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

When Frail is gone and a manager is actually in charge I will believe the leopard has changed his spots.

What I don't understand is , if Vlad is showing such an interest in the players , why it took him so long to notice how focking crap we've been for the last two years. Still, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Interesting PJ this does seem to be the case, some people a bit scared of a new man coming in with complete control and some new players it would seem.

I await the fresh start to begin too.

I dont see the issue in the statement as Frail says many chairmen/owners have weekly meetings at least and discuss team performance and selection.

Abramovich asked his managers to fill in a report for Monday moring meeting to discuss the game, selections and training that is/has to be carried out.

As I've said in a previous thread about Frail and the level of control he has, I'll only start to believe he is not another Vlad puppet when a fit Miko is left in the stand. It seems at present that if he's fit, he's either in the team or on the bench.......

I don't think we will ever know if he has total, i.e. absolute, control of the team, or if he is still subject to "outside" interference, even if on a vastly reduced scale.

It is one of the reasons I do not want Frail to be considered for the manager's position (I know he cannot be offered it anyway, as a result of not having the relevant qualifications), as I firmly believe any new manager coming in will want certain things clearly written into his contract, and will only agree to come on this basis. In fact we could have had a manager in the Summer, this was the main stumbling block, this assurance, total team control, was not given, he said "no thank you".

But why do you need to know?

Supporters of other clubs don't know and, if their team is winning, they could not care less.

I really cannot understand supporters who seem to think they should be told everything.

The Real Maroonblood

Yes he does have full control but he will pick players that Romanov feels should be in the side to keep him in his good books.

Nucky Thompson
As I've said in a previous thread about Frail and the level of control he has, I'll only start to believe he is not another Vlad puppet when a fit Miko is left in the stand. It seems at present that if he's fit, he's either in the team or on the bench.......
Miko has started 8 games and had 13 on the bench out of 29 games.

Miko has started 8 games and had 13 on the bench out of 29 games.

Presumably he was unfit for the other 8!!!

Nucky Thompson
Presumably he was unfit for the other 8!!!
Don't know, but he was an unused sub 6 out of the 13 games on the bench.

Don't know, but he was an unused sub 6 out of the 13 games on the bench.

My view is that Vlad picks the player pool and Frail is then left to pick the team and make substitutions from there.

Sorry but that is a ridiculous comment. Miko hasn't been first pick this season you will remember that driver and chesney have been out injured too.

You're going to base Frail picking the team on whether Miko is playing or not. I hope you'll be sitting on your hands if he scores the winner tomorrow.

aye, I do base whether miko is playing or not as an indication whether or not frail has full control or not. Only an incompetent fool couldn't see that miko is utter gash, hides most of the time and dribbles himself out of the game. Send him back to kaunus, then we'll know frail or anyone else is in charge, failing that; miko could work in the concession during half time ;)

aye, I do base whether miko is playing or not as an indication whether or not frail has full control or not. Only an incompetent fool couldn't see that miko is utter gash, hides most of the time and dribbles himself out of the game. Send him back to kaunus, then we'll know frail or anyone else is in charge, failing that; miko could work in the concession during half time ;)

:P

Come on now see the posts above Miko has been far from first pick this season, He has been no where near our worst performer when he has played. I think he has been better coming off the bench and would have chesney and driver out wide as my starters but...................... Miko plays for hearts therefore gets my full backing.

I think this is a different "discussion" for another thread though.:thumb:

:P

Come on now see the posts above Miko has been far from first pick this season, He has been no where near our worst performer when he has played. I think he has been better coming off the bench and would have chesney and driver out wide as my starters but...................... Miko plays for hearts therefore gets my full backing.

I think this is a different "discussion" for another thread though.:thumb:

;)

and he'll have my backing as long as he plays as well but I don't rate him at all :mad: But he is not the worst I agree, ;)

I read Frail's words in this morning's paper and thought here we go again!

It's like the old Fax days. Contrary to what Frail says I doubt that there are many chairmen who go out their way to quiz managers.

Let's face it Frail is another Puppet with no bottle.

I believe Frail when he says he has full control. While still not pretty, I think the evidence on the pitch backs this up.

That said, he is a product of and a cog in the old, discredited machine, and as such might (even subconsciously) chuck Vlad the odd bone now and again. Even if he doesn't, suspicion will linger, especially if we suffer a bad result or two.

He needs a move to a lower-profile position or out of the club altogether to remove the stigma of his previous misdemeanours.

Dunk-Section G

I believe he does have full control.

He still works under certain conditions, but I think it is evident that he is the guy in charge considering the changes (or lack of) since he was installed a 'caretaker manager'.

;)

and he'll have my backing as long as he plays as well but I don't rate him at all :mad: But he is not the worst I agree, ;)

That's the most important thing I think, even if you don't rate the lad which after all is completely up to you. The minute he pulls on the famous maroon then he gets the same support as the other 10 guys. If he has a gash game you won't hear many folk defending him on here anyway I don't mind Miko but I won't put up with crap performances.

Tonight we have an important part to play it is effectively a home game for Rangers they will have more of there ****my fans there and the ref behind them. So we need to be 100% behind all our players. God I could get a job for the marketing dept here!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson
Contrary to what Frail says I doubt that there are many chairmen who go out their way to quiz managers.
Do you honestly think that football owners don't ask about team matters etc? I see you've added your own wee word to back up your point:rolleyes:

Archived