Prague

gail le jambo

gail le jambo

Hi x

Been given a surprise tonight, told that a friend is treating me to a seven day trip to Prague, in May. It is one place I have never been to.

I am personally really looking forward to it, appreciate that many of you here will have been, and not just for football reasons, therefore, wonder if you could tell me what you thought of it, you know, the places of interest, what the restaurants are like, is it good value for money, any bits and pieces really, from those who have been.

gail

Hi x

Been given a surprise tonight, told that a friend is treating me to a seven day trip to Prague, in May. It is one place I have never been to.

I am personally really looking forward to it, appreciate that many of you here will have been, and not just for football reasons, therefore, wonder if you could tell me what you thought of it, you know, the places of interest, what the restaurants are like, is it good value for money, any bits and pieces really, from those who have been.

gail

Go up to the castle as it is amazing and you get some great view of Prague from there. Me and my friend took a tour of Prague in a 1970 covertable skoda. Was amazing!!

All the drink is mega cheap over there but if you want mega cheap drinks / pints head down some of the side streets. I have been to Prague twice now and would go back again it is a beautiful city.

Hope you have a good time.

Good place for beer and traditional food:

http://www.umedvidku.cz/

Lots of other similar places, depending on what you're after. The places on Wencelas Square are expensive tourist traps, so you're better going to some of the smaller places down the sidestreets. On Wenceslas Sq. you could be paying ?3 or ?4 for a beer, but much less elsewhere. Most folk in bars & restaurants seem to speak some English, so you shouldn't have any major language problems.

As well as the old city centre, there are nice areas, with plenty of good bars and restaurants, across the other side of the Charles Bridge and on the way up the hill towards the castle and beyond.

My mates and I were there for the UEFA game in '06 and had a good time. I'd been there 15 years before, so didn't know what to expect this time, but enjoyed it. I'd collected a whole lot of stuff for that trip, so if I find any of it, or other useful links, I'll let you know.

We got a very good self-catering apartment through these guys:

http://www.rentego.com

Go to the sex museum, good laugh... I didnt know what half the things were for :sad:...

I had 5 days last yr and its lovely...Castle, tower (cant remember the name). DONT have the goulash,,, bacon dumplings !!!

Gail

I'm not sure the places of interest most of us visited will be suitable!!!!

Want to share your experiences you encountered:rolleyes:

Archived