Mock of the week

kearney19

What a show, possibly one of the most underated shows on the box.

Classic line tonight

"This is your captain speaking, we currently have blue skys and we would also like to welcome todays hijaker Ibrahim"

Brilliant!

Anyone else enjoy the program?

I hate the bald guy with a passion... so much so that I don't care to look up his name.

Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard are great though.

Yep, it's a good laugh. What I can't understand, though, is how Rory Bremner succeeded in comedy.

All he does on every single show he's on is mildly-realistic, moderately-funny impressions of 'buzzword' celebrity flavours of the month. Adds absolutely hee-haw to the actual show.

Look at him on 'Whose Line....?'; it's meant to be an impromptu, on-the-spot game, which requires the contestants to use their imagination and natural humour and wit to come up with successful lines, skits etc. What does this **** do? An impression of Bill Clinton or a Conservative MP.

Utter, utter ******.

I P Knightley
I hate the bald guy with a passion... so much so that I don't care to look up his name.

Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard are great though.

Andy Parsons.

I used to play 5s with him about 10 years ago before he was bald. Lost touch since and couldn't believe when I saw him on this as he looked so different.

I hope I don't burst your bubble of hate when I say that he was actually a really nice guy. He and I shared a trait of being more suited to the rugby pitch than football and took nothing too seriously; especially compared to one of our number who never stopped whining. Andy and I would make sure we were on opposite teams; one to wind Harry up with poor tackles, the other to wind him up with sloppy passes and shots over the bar. Happy times.

I'm hoping to get tickets for a recording in the next series. The stuff they cut out is absolutely brilliant. You can download an 'album' of it at iTunes.

I hope I don't burst your bubble of hate when I say that he was actually a really nice guy. He and I shared a trait of being more suited to the rugby pitch than football and took nothing too seriously; especially compared to one of our number who never stopped whining. Andy and I would make sure we were on opposite teams; one to wind Harry up with poor tackles, the other to wind him up with sloppy passes and shots over the bar. Happy times.

My bubble is perfectly intact.

I'm pretty sure he is a nice guy in real life, but I just don't like the delivery of his comedy. He has that kind of voice where it seems like he's trying to force the obviousness of a joke out.

Im going to see Frankie Boyle in a few weeks when he tries out his new stuff in Inverness, sure it will be good.

I P Knightley
My bubble is perfectly intact.

I'm pretty sure he is a nice guy in real life, but I just don't like the delivery of his comedy. He has that kind of voice where it seems like he's trying to force the obviousness of a joke out.

I agree that his style is idiosyncratic. When I knew him he wasn't (to my knowledge) doing stand-up but was a writer on HIGNFY; hence my surprise to see him perform. Mates saw him live at the weekend and said he was the turn of the evening.

Anyway, enough about A Parsons. I also played 5s with Angus Deayton a few times. A genuine ******!

Yep, it's a good laugh. What I can't understand, though, is how Rory Bremner succeeded in comedy.

All he does on every single show he's on is mildly-realistic, moderately-funny impressions of 'buzzword' celebrity flavours of the month. Adds absolutely hee-haw to the actual show.

Look at him on 'Whose Line....?'; it's meant to be an impromptu, on-the-spot game, which requires the contestants to use their imagination and natural humour and wit to come up with successful lines, skits etc. What does this **** do? An impression of Bill Clinton or a Conservative MP.

Utter, utter ******.

Rory Bremner is much more of a ****** than you make him out to be!! I dont think i have ever heard his real voice, does my total tits in, my total tits in!! Frankie is getting to be a bit of a comic legend in my book though, really enjoy this show!

Im going to see Frankie Boyle in a few weeks when he tries out his new stuff in Inverness, sure it will be good.

Seen him at the Edinburgh festival last year and he was amazing. Funny Funny guy.

Hope you have a great time

I was in stitches watching it last night, IMO its one of the funniest shows on tv at the minute.

"This is your captain speaking, we would like to remind you that this is a no smoking flight - unless you would like to join us in the cockpit where we have a window open...."

lol lol

Absolutely brilliant show.

Boyle's constant jibes at himself for looking like a Paedophile are hilarious. What i've never understood is how it hasn't commanded a regular slot on BBC1 or 2 yet..?

Sexton Hardcastle

this is a repeat of last seasons rite? Boyle is in Glasgow in Mid March cant wait but tickets havent gone on sale yet. Should be brilliant

I P Knightley
Absolutely brilliant show.

Boyle's constant jibes at himself for looking like a Paedophile are hilarious. What i've never understood is how it hasn't commanded a regular slot on BBC1 or 2 yet..?

Isn't it regularly on BBC2?

Some of the Frankie Boyle stuff that they don't show would make your toes curl.

They had a 'special' before xmas with outtakes & cuts. FB decided that rather than a pop concert at Wembley, a more fitting tribute to Princess Di would have been to stage an event that reflected her true interests in life - he suggested they have a gang bang in a minefield.

The "did he really just say that?" reaction of the others on the panel was priceless

Frankie Boyle just engineers the answers to put in an bit of his live show. It's a little too scripted for me, although it is pretty amusing.

THE funniest topical show I have seen, possibly joint top with HaveIgotNewsForYou.

Make your mind up. It's either the funniest or it's the joint funniest?

Frankie Boyle is hilarious.

The funniest comedians are always the ones who aren't afraid to be controversial.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Class programme.

Even though he is a weegie he is a legend. He just doesn't hold back especially when it comes to aids.

Go on Youtube and search for what he said about Princess Di on a previous Epsiode.

Sorry Dr, your right.

Also wached some old footage online

"Things you shouldnt say in court" I think it was.

The blonde Comedian "OI WIGGY, IVE DONE YOUR DAUGHTER!" puffs an imaginary ciggy.

Haha!

Go on Youtube and search for what he said about Princess Di on a previous Epsiode.

:laugh:

"I'll be suprised to see if this will make it in"

Absloute legend.

Archived