Judas McLeish

The Merse

Enjoy the championship you treachourous bawbag.

Being found out for the poor manager he really is now.

Hope big f eck and hobo Murphy enjoy the championship next season. :)

Drylaw Hearts

Feck him.

As long as Sunderland stay up thats all I'm bothered about.

We need the extra ?2million !!

Come on folks, add some vitriol towards Big Freck on this thread.

:P

Your not a nice person Mr Mcleish and we look forward to your anticpated demise and subsequent benefit claiming with an ardour which would surprise you in its ferocity.

Is that what you meant ?

Didn't like him as a player, didn't rate him as a manager. Despite that I was annoyed that he bolted as quick as he did as soon as a (temporary) Premiership side came in for him.

You know you're crap when Sunderland pump you.

Your not a nice person Mr Mcleish and we look forward to your anticpated demise and subsequent benefit claiming with an ardour which would surprise you in its ferocity.

Is that what you meant ?

Errrr.

I just think the lack of uproar from the media over his departure (much like judas Smiths) was pathetic and that he gets everything he deserves for leaving his country for a 3rd rate club like Birmingham.

If that attitude stinks, I don't care.

Can't respect him after that.

He's a crap manager and Scotland are better off without him.

This is what you get if you give a man a job based on 10 games in charge. Thank goodness the SFA didn't appoint McGhee.

He's a crap manager and Scotland are better off without him.

This is what you get if you give a man a job based on 10 games in charge. Thank goodness the SFA didn't appoint McGhee.

:laugh:

Hibs mentality right there.

God help the poor man for having ambition.

As Neave said, that mentality is pathetic.

Ambition?

Birmingham fecking City.

Ambition?

Birmingham fecking City.

Premiership.

Lawrie Sanchez left us to take over Fulham.

No vitriol, we wished him well in his new job and thanked him for the memories.

Ambition?

Birmingham fecking City.

Premiership team, increase in wages, and a full time job to keep him busy.

Don't blame him.

If George Burley was to suddenly turn his back on Scotland in a dramatic U turn and return to Hearts, would you call him a Judas?

Premiership.

Lawrie Sanchez left us to take over Fulham.

No vitriol, we wished him well in his new job and thanked him for the memories.

Bully for you lot. :)

You Tartan Army feckwits sound like Hibs fans, ffs: the best Scotland manager in a long time who brought the country unbelievably close to excellent success is '****e now' for no reason other than that he's no longer Scotland manager.

When Mowbray left he 'wisny very good anyway', when he clearly was. Same with Riordan, O'Connor et al.

Bully for you lot. :)

Gotta love the bitterness of your average jock.

Move on and stop living in the past :)

You Tartan Army feckwits sound like Hibs fans, ffs: the best Scotland manager in a long time who brought the country unbelievably close to excellent success is '****e now' for no reason other than that he's no longer Scotland manager.

When Mowbray left he 'wisny very good anyway', when he clearly was. Same with Riordan, O'Connor et al.

best Scotland manager in a long time?

He only took charge of about 6 games FFS.

One of which he showed how tactically inept he was, which incidentally caused us any chance of qualification.

He left a sinking ship at Hibs, and also at Rangers. Bailed out on Scotland because they didn't qualify. Would he have left if we had? Would he buggery.

One of which he showed how tactically inept he was, which incidentally caused us any chance of qualification.

He left a sinking ship at Hibs, and also at Rangers. Bailed out on Scotland because they didn't qualify. Would he have left if we had? Would he buggery.

I thought it was the referee who ruined your qualification hopes?

Won't catch me saying that.

He cost us our last chance, but ultimately we lost it in Georgia.

I actually think you're a good poster, D-McG, but tonight, I'm sorry, you're sounding like a right arse.

He's proven in the past that he's a good manager.

This thread p*sses bitterness.

Big fe ck was found out in Georgia big time. As he has at every club hes managed. He will fail at Birmingham also. :)

I actually think you're a good poster, D-McG, but tonight, I'm sorry, you're sounding like a right arse.

Fair do's.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I just don't like the way that little fuss was kicked up for him leaving to a very middle of the road job, and the only reason he got it was down to Scotland giving him a chance when nobody else would.

I thought we lost it away to the Ukraine and Georgia myself.

The away performance to Georgia was absolutley honking and I think a fair amount of the blame for that performance rests on Mcleish''s shoulders.

Errrr.

I just think the lack of uproar from the media over his departure (much like judas Smiths) was pathetic and that he gets everything he deserves for leaving his country for a 3rd rate club like Birmingham.

If that attitude stinks, I don't care.

Can't respect him after that.

He's part of the Scottish football establishment, loved and lored by the media and not one of them was brave enough to take a stance, just as no-one took a stance on Walter doing the same thing.

I think they're too busy ganging up on Gordon (Smith) at the moment to notice that he's made the most god awful shambles of the defence down there.

Should have probably qualified for EURO 08 given the position he was in after the second France game. Got lucky in Paris. Got spectacularly found out in Georgia, would be my summing up of his international career..

Carl Weathers

I hope all the Sweaty socks do well in the Premiership.

Particularly McFadden and Gordon.

I've got nothing against McLeish.

I thought we lost it away to the Ukraine and Georgia myself.

The away performance to Georgia was absolutley honking and I think a fair amount of the blame for that performance rests on Mcleish''s shoulders.

Forgive me, but the mass hysteria around that free kick made me think that the blame rested fully on the shoulders of a 'corrupt' referee.

And wasn't Smith in charge when Scotland played the Ukraine?

TBH, couldn`t care less whether McLeish is a success or not.

But, if i was asked my opinion on him i`d say he`s an average manager. He needs time to see what he can do and i think he needs to weed out some of the mediocre players he has inherited.

But tonight, his team where truly awful but it could have just been a bad day at the office.

Big fe ck was found out in Georgia big time. As he has at every club hes managed. He will fail at Birmingham also. :)

Agreed.

Theres really very little going on behind those piggy eyes of his. Flatters to decieve and rides his luck on the way up ... but then doesn't know how to fix things when they get broken. He's just that kind of manager ... which is unlucky really for an increasingly broken Birmingham.

Probably punted by next season...and where then for judas ???

winston churchill

i posted when he got the job he would take them down.that said, i thought it would be next season.

every job he has had ,he has left the club in a right mess.

:laugh:

Hibs mentality right there.

**** right off.

I have never rated McLeish, he has a long history of arriving, succeeding, then a long spell of mediocrity before being pushed out the door / getting another job. One good season at Well, one good season at Hibs, two phenomally lucky seasons with Rangers and two great results with Scotland over the course of 12 years do not a great manager make. I was annoyed when he got the Scotland job, and I am glad he has left.

If anyone has a Hibs mentality its you for your delusions. You call him a good manager, what did he achieve that was so good? We beat France away, but we also beat England away so is Craig Brown a good manager? Are all managers of teams who pull off major shocks away from home good just on the back of that one result?

Forgive me, but the mass hysteria around that free kick made me think that the blame rested fully on the shoulders of a 'corrupt' referee.

And wasn't Smith in charge when Scotland played the Ukraine?

i said he was incompetant not corrupt. Over the course of the game dodgy refereeing decisions favoured us.

Yes Smith was in charge for the Ukraine game. I wasn't blaming Mcleish for it. I was stating that it had an impact on us not qualifying.

I'd rather have Burley than Mcleish as Scotland gaffer so i'm reasonably content. I like to see the Scottish players doing well in the Premiership but that good will doesn't really extend to managers i'm afraid.

I really thought Birmingham was a bad move for him though.

Robbos shoe shine

I know what you guys mean, after all we only took it to the final game of the group, only sat at the top of a table which included the world cup winners, finalists and quarter finalists...pah imagine us not qualifying!

Get a grip eh, I don't personally like him but this attitude is just petty, he's a young manager who was offered premiership football with a considerable wage rise at the END of a qualifying competition, he hardly sold us out!

jack D and coke
I know what you guys mean, after all we only took it to the final game of the group, only sat at the top of a table which included the world cup winners, finalists and quarter finalists...pah imagine us not qualifying!

Get a grip eh, I don't personally like him but this attitude is just petty, he's a young manager who was offered premiership football with a considerable wage rise at the END of a qualifying competition, he hardly sold us out!

Have to agree with that. I'd like to see anyone else get offered a huge pay rise to do a job they've always wanted and turn it down. If we'd qualified he'd have stayed but we didn't and he left it to someone else to have a dash. We've now got Burley and i'm really happy with that, let it go.

The Wrinkly Ninja
Come on folks, add some vitriol towards Big Freck on this thread.

:P

Grrr....Eck, I can't see your shoes, but I'm pretty sure if I could I wouldn't like them!!!

As long as Sunderland stay up thats all I'm bothered about.

We need the extra ?2million !!

I didn't know about this. Does that mean we got 7m and will get 2m if they stay up or did we get 9m up front?

I didn't know about this. Does that mean we got 7m and will get 2m if they stay up or did we get 9m up front?

We do get more money if Sunderland stay up but I don't know if it as much as ?2 million. Might well be.

McLeish always made poor signings. McFadden and Murphy are average players

Spitonastranger
God help the poor man for having ambition.

As Neave said, that mentality is pathetic.

ambition, aye right birmingham over the scotland job, jog on:527:

Don't lets forget that Craig himself was on a substantial 7-figure cut, so we will never see 9M in any case.

**** right off.

I have never rated McLeish, he has a long history of arriving, succeeding, then a long spell of mediocrity before being pushed out the door / getting another job. One good season at Well, one good season at Hibs, two phenomally lucky seasons with Rangers and two great results with Scotland over the course of 12 years do not a great manager make. I was annoyed when he got the Scotland job, and I am glad he has left.

If anyone has a Hibs mentality its you for your delusions. You call him a good manager, what did he achieve that was so good? We beat France away, but we also beat England away so is Craig Brown a good manager? Are all managers of teams who pull off major shocks away from home good just on the back of that one result?

• He took Hibs up, got them into Europe.
  • He won 7 trophies with Rangers. Incidentally, they've yet to win a trophy since his departure.
  • He got the gameplan spot on in France, as well as managing Scotland to victories over teams they ould have struggled against 2 years ago.

You can't seriously be saying he's fluked his whole way through management? Thats just ridiculous.

As far as I'm aware, Craig Brown didn't win much silverware during a club career.

i said he was incompetant not corrupt. Over the course of the game dodgy refereeing decisions favoured us.

Yes Smith was in charge for the Ukraine game. I wasn't blaming Mcleish for it. I was stating that it had an impact on us not qualifying.

I read a lot of newspapers in the aftermath of the Italy game. The word 'corrupt' was frequently used when describing the referee. I am aware of the downright pettiness and petulance often displayed by the Scottish media, but thats where my basis for using 'corrupt' here.

Fair enough about the Ukraine point.

ambition, aye right birmingham over the scotland job, jog on:527:

A Premiership team, full time job, increase in wages.

You wouldn't take a wage increase to compete in the biggest league in the world? Aye, OK then.

It's possible that McLeish had come to the conclusion that he had taken Scotland as far as he could, and decided he wanted a new challenge after the Euro 2008 dream had died. It's not as if he ditched you before your biggest game ever.

Think it was an extra million for a certain number of appearances, and a million if Sunderland stayed up...

Archived