Andy Kirk

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Noticed he scored for Yeovil tonight, seems to get a few goals down south.

I always liked 'Ulster Andy' thought he was a very very decent goalscorer.

Was his record in the reserves not something ridiculous like 24 goals in 25 games?

Will always be remembered for his lob over Caig in the 5-1 game! :)

944411.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A69D82C7B20080ACBBA40A659CEC4C8CB6

That would've been a top top strip as well BTW if the material wasn't so pish!

Thought he was at Northampton? Loved Ulster, great finisher and always worked his socks off

Think he has just moved in this transfer window.

Scored 2 in 2 by the looks of it.

Shame he has turned into a bit of a journeyman but he certainly gave his all for us anyway!

Colin Strickland scores for fun in a sunday amatuer league

Lets get him back too :rolleyes:

Seriously folk,get over them, roman bednar, andy kirk and any other prolific former hearts player are gone and will not be back

Lets concern ourselves with our own players

chester copperpot
Think he has just moved in this transfer window.

Scored 2 in 2 by the looks of it.

Shame he has turned into a bit of a journeyman but he certainly gave his all for us anyway!

Ulsters Andy was my favourite player under Levein.

I hate to say this but reminded me of Kenny Miller with a strikers instinct. Ran like feck but had an eye for goal.

Seriously folk,get over them, roman bednar, andy kirk and any other prolific former hearts player are gone and will not be back

Who said we wanted him back?:confused:

On a slightly related note, was speaking to a WBA fan on the phone today at work...those guys think we're mental for releasing Bednar, I explained he wasnt always consistant etc.

Anyway he is quite a serious fan and told me that fans have known for sometime that Mowbary wont sign him after the loan is over...apparantly due to the asking fee.

Yet another boring post from the king of nerds.

Nothing wrong with remembering ex players, we are all 'over him' thanks very much.

nerd.jpg

Prancer - King of Nerds

Fair enough they might not be back but its still good to think back to the good days. Should we just get over the scottish cup win while we are at it.

chester copperpot
Fair enough they might not be back but its still good to think back to the good days. Should we just get over the scottish cup win while we are at it.

Spot on :)

loveofthegame

Noone stated they wanted him back. Are we not allowed to talk about ex-players and state that we like them?!

Away and ****e

Andy Kirk was incredibly overrated ... never scored once in the big games and was always far too greedy with other players in better positions to score. Used to infuriate me with his crosses delivered to nobody just cause he wouldn't look up before hitting them. He's found his level as far as I'm concerned.

Drylaw Hearts

I hate to say this but reminded me of Kenny Miller with a strikers instinct. Ran like feck but had an eye for goal.

I hated it when Levein played Kirk out on the wing though.

The guy was an out and out goalscorer and should never have left the 18 yard box !!

Well I must have missed that particular game ;)

Fair enough, he played up front when we didn't exactly create a barrel load of chances.........but 'having an eye for a goal' is not a phrase I would associate with him.

IMO he could be guaranteed to hit the keeper 99% of the time in a one-on-one situation. :wacko:

Snake Plissken

Scored a few goals, would have scored more if played regularly and would have been a better option than Wyness when he was released.

I liked him, though I didn't exactly mourn his departure, I remember a league cup game sitting in section G talking to a random who raved about Andy. Kirk scored the winner in that game, one of Craig Gordon's first appearances (2-1 v Falkirk).

I like threads like this, makes you conjure up random memories related to players.

Jambo Forever

IMO he could be guaranteed to hit the keeper 99% of the time in a one-on-one situation. :wacko:

I reckon about 100% of that stat you pulled out of yer ass is made up!!

Ps - Andy Kirk was a good player, no doubts... 100% of the time he gave 100% and that's all I'll ask from a player in my teams top! What more can anyone do? - 110% doesn't exist!

Yet another boring post from the king of nerds.

Nothing wrong with remembering ex players, we are all 'over him' thanks very much.

Prancer - King of Nerds

I think the Prancehole approaches this quite scientifically. "Hmm, a new thread. How can I say the most annoying, worthless thing without contributing anything? I know! I'll consult http://www.ersewiki.org :dribble:"

Archived