The New Volvo

Paul_

What does everyone think of it then?

For those that don't know which I mean have a look here and check the video too; http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/volvos-new-collision-warning-system

I always though Volvo's were gastly looking cars but now I just lust for the new 'S' series (40,80,60)

The newest model has an unbelievaby cool, smart and very intelligent system on it too.

Im guessing not everyone will be for the idea of the "car taking control" though. What's everyone else thoughts?

Have a look at what the traffic police drive.

They will only choose the best car for general purpose driving and pursuits.

I think most of their cars are Volvo S60's. I am told the handling is superb.

christhejambo

cool technolgy in that video. I think it was mercedes that developed something similar for their radar guided cruise control- in the press demo, the guy forgot to turn it on, or it was faulty and the driver ended up crashing! Any advancements that look to prevent a potentially fatal accident can be no bad thing though. As for the Volvo question, never had one, but my uncle swears by them, and as the poster above points out- the traffic police usually have their finger on the pulse concerning waht is a decent motor

cool technolgy in that video. I think it was mercedes that developed something similar for their radar guided cruise control- in the press demo, the guy forgot to turn it on, or it was faulty and the driver ended up crashing! Any advancements that look to prevent a potentially fatal accident can be no bad thing though. As for the Volvo question, never had one, but my uncle swears by them, and as the poster above points out- the traffic police usually have their finger on the pulse concerning waht is a decent motor

Would you say though that there is a danger of people relying on this sort of thing too much?

No doubt in a few years, this technology will be as common place as ABS and the car navigating a route will be the next best thing.:dribble:

The Wicker Man

Don't Volvos come equipped with scatter cushions on the passenger shelf and wee yappy dog ? - very rarely seen one driven faster than 27.89 mph ;)

Archived