Lied to again

Rawrrrrrrr

53 hours til the window closes and no manager or players in sight

When will we get the respect we deserve

Its one thing doing the unpopular thing, its completely another to lie about what you will be doing

29 hours til the window closes and no manager or players in site

Its one thing doing the unpopular thing, its completely another to lie about what you will be doing

Try not to get too depressed about it.

Please don't kill yourself

jamboinglasgow

were we told we were getting a manager in January? no

were we told we were signings players in January? no

so were we lied to? no

January has 31 days :)

whoops

Same point though

We were promised a manager with control,and frail has been prattling on about targets yet it looks like once again they will fail to deliver

29 hours til the window closes and no manager or players in sight

What would be the point in signing players when we are where we are ?

We're safe from relegation so why waste money now on panic buys just for a 'top 6' finish ? Our season was over weeks ago.

As for a manager : I think most of us knew deep down SF was always gonna be in charge until season end. And personally , I think he'll be there for a lot longer.

What would be the point in signing players when we are where we are ?

We're safe from relegation so why waste money now on panic buys just for a 'top 6' finish ? Our season was over weeks ago.

As for a manager : I think most of us knew deep down SF was always gonna be in charge until season end. And personally , I think he'll be there for a lot longer.

How exactly are we safe from relegation? Yes id tend to agree gretna and the others will bail us out but its not a certainty

Furthermore the leagues that close if they brought in what they told us they were going to, in a timely manner they could actually get back into the top 6 and even europe for next season - I dont need to explain the merits of that im sure

The romanovs manipulated the fans when they made that announcement and whilst no one specifically said january, did people really think we should wait until it was too late for a new man to make changes?

Where is the theory in appointing a manager for the summer and starting from scratch

Surely we would be best off putting this season on the scrap heap and letting the new man start now so next season we start with a bang instead of experimentation

I personally just think once again they have manipulated us and taken us for a ride

I seem to remember prancer for england saying he was training to be an accountant

That explains why he's such a boring b*stard then.

There was a young man from Japan

Whose Limericks never did scan

He said with a sigh

I try and I try

But I always end up sticking too many syllables in the last line and spoiling it like this

Dean Winchester
whoops

Same point though

We were promised a manager with control,and frail has been prattling on about targets yet it looks like once again they will fail to deliver

Looks like.... Come back with this thread after 00:01 on the 1st Feb :)

maroonlegions
29 hours til the window closes and no manager or players in sight

fair point mate, it does look like we are having the wool pulled over our eyes again and if nothing happens then how many times do the powers at be at Hearts think they can continue to fool us and fog us off with lame excuses, we do as you say deserve more respect and consideration but they are playing a dangerous game with the fans when the time comes for renewal of season tickets ,for do they think the promises and lack of manager and signings will be forgotten about when its time for renewal or do they really think we are all ZIPPED UP THE BACK.

do you think vlad has it in for you? , can i ask what you have done to expect this respect? i think your right, vlad has it in for you, he's doing all this to pee you off

Though in fairness how long does it take to appoint a manager?

A month, if your serious about it, is more than sufficient time.

What reasons could there be for not appointing in that timescale.

The person is currently in employment. Well why would he come in the close season as opposed to now?

We haven't found the right canditate, in the next few month is there going to be a deluge of canditates that become available?

Compensation issues. Seriously the managers that we will be looking at, would be lucky if the compensation was in excess of 100k. We couldn't afford that.

Seriously why should it take any longer than a month, if we are serious about appointing someone.

Not looking for an argument, but just don't see why we seem to have so much difficulty appointing someone. Majority of clubs sorted in a couple of weeks, whilst 99% are sorted inside a month.

Yet us, we saying lets wait to the close season. 6 month after the statement, that Hearts made on the official web-site. Do we perhaps not think that is a bit long!

When does it become a lie/BS etc as opposed to just an indefiite timescale?

Why so 'serious' Mr BJ?

I personally just think once again they have manipulated us and taken us for a ride

I personally dont always believe what I read or told, and you can always get of the ride.;)

do you think vlad has it in for you? , can i ask what you have done to expect this respect? i think your right, vlad has it in for you, he's doing all this to pee you off

I think I like all hearts fans who pay our money, attend, support the team and put up with the **** on the park for most of the time deserve not to be downright lied and manipulated

As I said its one thing having different ambtions or thoughts on how to suceed, its another to make a statement which agrees with the fans in what they need to then ignore it and not take the action you said you would

Jamie_the_Jambo

I dont think you have merited any respect Prancer.

I dont think you have merited any respect Prancer.

God you lot are boring

Another personal or veiled dig completely ignoring my points

Maybe if you dont have anything to share on topic you shouldnt respond

were we told we were getting a manager in January? no

were we told we were signings players in January? no

so were we lied to? no

Always:confused:

I'll probably get pelters for this but I dont think we need any signings. Maybe if Maybury comes in at right back but wont lose any sleep if he doesn't

Its more importand we start to reduce the size of the squad and good to see some of the dross being moved on. Maybe by the summer we'll have emptied more and we can then look to bring some in.

The big thing for me is Frail does seem to be getting the freedom to pick a settled team / squad. This can only help the team ie Razor and Nade up front regularly and look how Ruben has come on....and when you think we won against Aberdeen without Driver and Kingston who are probably two of the more creative players then i think we'll be fine till season end.

The ongoing worry is Vlad and what he could do. I just truly hope he'll leave Frail to get on with it till season end. And on the subject of Frail, OK he's probably not got the experience but the big thing for me is your hearing players getting behind him. Seems to be a huge improvement in the last few weeks so that can only be good. Certainly best its been for a couple of seasons, so no harm as far as I'm concerned in going with what we have.

The only thing I'd like to see - and maybe we will towards season end is the introduction of some of the young lads.

The person is currently in employment. Well why would he come in the close season as opposed to now?

We haven't found the right canditate, in the next few month is there going to be a deluge of canditates that become available?

Compensation issues. Seriously the managers that we will be looking at, would be lucky if the compensation was in excess of 100k. We couldn't afford that.

Seriously why should it take any longer than a month, if we are serious about appointing someone.

Not looking for an argument, but just don't see why we seem to have so much difficulty appointing someone. Majority of clubs sorted in a couple of weeks, whilst 99% are sorted inside a month.

Yet us, we saying lets wait to the close season. 6 month after the statement, that Hearts made on the official web-site. Do we perhaps not think that is a bit long!

I agree with that word for word LBJ. I am left with 2 possibilities, 1 We will end up with SF till the summer at least. Or 2 VR is waiting for the window to close so he does not have to give the new guy a penny until the summer. If we really wanted a manager in and for him to make changes to the playing staff it would have been done before now.

God you lot are boring

Another personal or veiled dig completely ignoring my points

Maybe if you dont have anything to share on topic you shouldnt respond

we're boring? take a look at your-self, if it was'nt for you slagging vlad, you would have nothing to say

Maybe we're just finding it difficult to attract anyone decent considering Romanov's record for meddling.

I think that is a certainty, however that would mean VR's spokesman is a liar. :eek:

we're boring? take a look at your-self, if it was'nt for you slagging vlad, you would have nothing to say

God some of you need to get a clue

A forum is for discussion, it would be very pointless if we all had the same views or refused to share if we didnt agree

It also doesnt involve people engaging in pointless personal attacks

Debate involves debating the merits of a point/argument, not your personal though of the originator or previous involvement

Whats the point in contributing if you fail to get that?:confused:

The silence from the club is deafening. I had really hoped that a manager and new players would be in place by the end of the month but it?s looking very unlikely. I wouldn?t mind so much if we were just given some snippets of information as to what the plans are. But the current regime seems to have shored up any leaks coming out of the club, which just leaves us guessing/starting rumours. Hopefully VR now wants to go for quality rather than quantity and wants to get the wage bill down as much as possible by the summer before bringing in new faces. Because even though our wage bill won?t be nearly as much as it was 12-18 months ago. If given to someone to spend wisely we should be comfortably sitting 3rd if not higher.

Perhaps we are struggling to find a manager with sufficient British experience who is willing to come to us whilst doubts remain over whether Romanov will keep his nose out of team affairs. 6 months of Frail being left to get on with it may be enough to convince someone to come in. If that is the case then there would be little point in allowing Frail to bring in new players when the squad is already too large.

If a new man was brought in now they'd have to rush players in without propoerly evaluating the players we have. Last thing we need is more ill-thought transfers. On the otherhand a new manager with the same team is going to lose as many as he wins and we aren't a support famed for giving people time and not jumping to judgement.

For me a slow measured approach is the best at this point, no matter how much some fans may moan and whinge about it.

Guest gorgie kev
That explains why he's such a boring b*stard then.

Some one else agrees with me then.

Altogether now:-

He's a boring b*stard

repeat till fade...............................

A forum is for discussion, it would be very pointless if we all had the same views or refused to share if we didnt agree

Debate involves debating the merits of a point/argument, not your personal though of the originator or previous involvement

I get the feeling you will never be pleased!

It would be a disgrace if Vlad simply went out and appointed a manager just for the sake of it and to please people like you. the same goes for any new signings.

Quality not quantity is what we want and there is not a lot of quality players just waiting for the Hearts to come along.

I bet if we did make a couple of signings, that would obviously cost plenty, if it is quality that you want, then you would be the first to start harping on about our debt increasing.

Please use some common sense and face reality.

Vlad has made plenty of mistakes but I am delighted that he is with us for the long haul and that he is learning as he goes.

If you do slag Vlad please come up with some alternatives!!!!

Boy am I glad you were not a fan in the 70's!!!!

If you dont wish to get critisized or as you put it slagged Shut The H----LL up and dont put misinformation out there when you know there is no chance of it happening .

I'm not picking directly on you, but why do suporters believe they are due respect? Or that they should be kept infomed of managerial/transfer dealings?

I don't recall ever being treated with respect or deference just because I was a season ticket holder/supporter, by any board of directors/chairman/owner (certainly not by Chris Robinson who was a very arrogant and dismissive person)

rudi must stay
I'll probably get pelters for this but I dont think we need any signings. Maybe if Maybury comes in at right back but wont lose any sleep if he doesn't

Its more importand we start to reduce the size of the squad and good to see some of the dross being moved on. Maybe by the summer we'll have emptied more and we can then look to bring some in.

The big thing for me is Frail does seem to be getting the freedom to pick a settled team / squad. This can only help the team ie Razor and Nade up front regularly and look how Ruben has come on....and when you think we won against Aberdeen without Driver and Kingston who are probably two of the more creative players then i think we'll be fine till season end.

The ongoing worry is Vlad and what he could do. I just truly hope he'll leave Frail to get on with it till season end. And on the subject of Frail, OK he's probably not got the experience but the big thing for me is your hearing players getting behind him. Seems to be a huge improvement in the last few weeks so that can only be good. Certainly best its been for a couple of seasons, so no harm as far as I'm concerned in going with what we have.

The only thing I'd like to see - and maybe we will towards season end is the introduction of some of the young lads.

well said, I agree with that. That's probably Frail's thoughts as well

Anyway, I suppose after 2 years without a manager people have everyrighy to be concerned or thinking its more BS, as opposed to fans sticking their heads in the sand and pretending everything is all right.

I didn't say this was what is happening, in fact you'll notice I started my post with the words perhaps. It was a response to your post which suggested their could not possibly be an explanation for not appointing a manager other than Vlad has been lying to you. You might not like my alternative, but it is still an alternative.

I get the feeling you will never be pleased!

It would be a disgrace if Vlad simply went out and appointed a manager just for the sake of it and to please people like you. the same goes for any new signings.

Quality not quantity is what we want and there is not a lot of quality players just waiting for the Hearts to come along.

I bet if we did make a couple of signings, that would obviously cost plenty, if it is quality that you want, then you would be the first to start harping on about our debt increasing.

Please use some common sense and face reality.

Vlad has made plenty of mistakes but I am delighted that he is with us for the long haul and that he is learning as he goes.

If you do slag Vlad please come up with some alternatives!!!!

Boy am I glad you were not a fan in the 70's!!!!

Brilliant post.

I think I'll wait till after the deadline before aiming any comment about the voracity of Mr Romanov. Hearts have waited till the last few hours previously, and I've got a feeling that it will be a similar scenario again this year.

Take it if there are a few signings that this will satisfy Prancer and there will be a retraction thread? No! Thought not!

As ever, the voice of reason.

We were apparantly looking for a manager in the summer but that never materialised did it. So, say Frail does get the gig to the summer, and then we say again we're looking but still don't appoint anyone?

I'm interested to see what timescale people are willing to put on this. It may only be a month since the statement but we've been "looking" for longer.

I find it strange but after all of Vlads bold statements about winning the SPL, splitting the weegie pests, and winning the champions League, it would appear that he and young Rodney seem quite content to do very little, say very little, and care very little about what we achieve this season.

Purely from a business point of view I would have thought that nothing less than a top six finish at worst should not be an option. A UEFA cup spot a very realistic goal or better still splitting the weegies should be desirables every year.

After the split there is the possibility of home games against the OF and maybe the hobos or the dons, all definate sell-outs and some possibly telivised.

However bottom six home games against Gretna, ICT, St midden, definately not sell-outs, and not televised.

Lose the cup-tie tomorrow and we could still struggle for the remainder of the season so for me the do, say, and care very little option being implemented by the owners looks bad for business.

I totally agree. What I will add to your very well emphasised post is that the 1st of January was the first time that the FANS were told we were actively looking for a manager, does anybody honestly think that that page on their website was typed without us starting to consider candidates?

Amazed to discover you are only 22.

You always sound like you are auditioning for " Grumpy Old Men".

Your remarks might have some merit come 1st., Feb.(and I mean might), but at the moment they are premature and irrelavant.

I dont think given their claimed ambition and statement at the beginning of the montht to have expected a new manager by now and at least 1 or 2 quality signings to help us push up the table and into the top 6

If this had, or is done- which i cant see now, we could still have reached the UEFA cup.

Riordan and Robson are 2 who jump to mind

2 million and 2 major problems solved

If they had helped us into europe the money is covered already

Add in maybury and already we would be right back into uefa cup contention

Instead we have spent a month paying off players who were offski in the summer anyway

Jamie_the_Jambo

Oh the irony.

Amazed to discover you are only 22.

You always sound like you are auditioning for " Grumpy Old Men".

Your remarks might have some merit come 1st., Feb.(and I mean might), but at the moment they are premature and irrelavant.

But come Feb 1st the usual suspects will trot out the usual BS, there is no rush, wait till the right man, give Frail a chance.

If we don't appoint 1 now(next week or 2), we'll never appoint 1.

IMO.

Archived