Signings?

JAMMY

will hearts sign anyone before the deadline?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. will hearts sign anyone before the deadline?

• yes
    • no

chester copperpot
What you trying to say.......the players we have just now are not good enough ???

I have a feeling Maybury might get a 6 monther, and Velicka gets tied to hearts.

Apart from that, we may just pull a rabbit out the hat, that is me purely hoping though.

I said yes.

It will probably be from Kaunas though.

We really needed at least 3 signings this window!!

It is shocking that we have not got new full backs in!

I'm not really interested in the question you've posed. We may have another pre-deadline flurry a la Straceny, Petras, Johnson, Hackett, Makela... who cares?

Will Hearts sign anyone decent before the deadline? That's what I'm interested in.

chester copperpot
Will Hearts sign anyone decent before the deadline? That's what I'm interested in.

Me too, and Im afraid to say the answer could well be no.

what does it matter how many people say yes or no. Theyre just guessing. really stupid post.

I'd rather read about folk moaning about the lack of transfer activity. At least i could add something to it.

what does it matter how many people say yes or no. Theyre just guessing. really stupid post.

:

Im sure a forum is to gage peoples opinions??!!

bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake:

portobellojambo1
Me too, and Im afraid to say the answer could well be no.

It is how I voted Andy, don't expect to see any signings of players I would put into the bracket of quality needed.

chester copperpot
No - I don't think there will be.

hobo.

Have faith brother, Romanov will come good :confused:

hobo.

Have faith brother, Romanov will come good :confused:

i also voted NO, like a few others on here we need quality not quantity. There may be one or 2 come from Kaunas but nothing from anywhere else but hey thats just IMO.

chester copperpot
i also voted NO, like a few others on here we need quality not quantity. There may be one or 2 come from Kaunas but nothing from anywhere else but hey thats just IMO.

Did my confused wee smilie not give away the massive sarcasm in that post.

Sorry.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
I'm praying Maybury will come in for the right back spot.

I voted no. Maybury might sign, but there's precious little evidence to support the "last minute flurry" notion. Nor do I believe that a manager is just around the corner. (Damn - there's that phrase again).

I guess that the only thing I believe is that Vlad will do something when it suits Vlad. It might - or might not - suit Hearts. It may - or may not - please the rest of us. One thing is certain. He won't be rushed into it and he won't do what we want, just because we want it. So no stars this week, no manager this week. But Frail to get the chance, until the end of the season to "prove he can do the job". Jaundiced? Me? :sad:

Guest GhostHunter

What's the point of VR and Co buying players only for the new manager (whoever he will be) next month saying, No, I don't want them - and you just know, that that's exactly what'll happen.

The season is furked, it would be an exquisite waste of money to sign anyone else, or bring someone in on inflated wages.

My BEST guess is that we get Maybury plus maybe one or two Kaunas players to shore up the deficiencies in the squad....

I think we might get two or three purely designed to "freshen the squad" by which I mean they wont really be what we need. I just cant see wholesale changes or significant signings being made whilst we are still looking for a manager.

Doesnt look like a manager is coming any time soon so I'd like to think the next best thing is to get one in plenty of time for the end of the season so that he has a chance to assess what he has in competitive matches.

Deeply dissappointed if thats what happens because I think we still have an outside chance of 3rd or 4th, both of which would get us into Europe, but only if we had a manager in place and one or two signings of real quality in key positions.

The strong feeling coming out of the club is that this season is a write off. (CIS cup apart, which we seem really up for) We dont seem to be in any danger of relegation, and to me, the towel has been thrown in way too early as far as 3rd or 4th is concerned.

This thread is irrelevant. Whatever happens happens and we'll have to get on with it. Well, apart from those greetin on here about it I suppose!

What's the point of VR and Co buying players only for the new manager (whoever he will be) next month saying, No, I don't want them - and you just know, that that's exactly what'll happen.

The season is furked, it would be an exquisite waste of money to sign anyone else, or bring someone in on inflated wages.

My BEST guess is that we get Maybury plus maybe one or two Kaunas players to shore up the deficiencies in the squad....

Kaunas Players to shore up Deficiencies, you are joking I hope.

This thread is irrelevant. Whatever happens happens and we'll have to get on with it. Well, apart from those greetin on here about it I suppose!

If you judge relevance by what we can actually do about something, just about every thread on the board is irrelevant.

I think its a perfectly reasonable discussion to be having on something that is imminent (sp) (or not) in the next 48 hours.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I think we might get two or three purely designed to "freshen the squad" by which I mean they wont really be what we need. I just cant see wholesale changes or significant signings being made whilst we are still looking for a manager.

Doesnt look like a manager is coming any time soon so I'd like to think the next best thing is to get one in plenty of time for the end of the season so that he has a chance to assess what he has in competitive matches.

Deeply dissappointed if thats what happens because I think we still have an outside chance of 3rd or 4th, both of which would get us into Europe, but only if we had a manager in place and one or two signings of real quality in key positions.

The strong feeling coming out of the club is that this season is a write off. (CIS cup apart, which we seem really up for) We dont seem to be in any danger of relegation, and to me, the towel has been thrown in way too early as far as 3rd or 4th is concerned.

Mate, if we get 3rd place I will give 50 quid to charity and then eat my own head.

The Real Maroonblood

A new manager. You are having a laugh.

I voted no. Maybury might sign, but there's precious little evidence to support the "last minute flurry" notion. Nor do I believe that a manager is just around the corner. (Damn - there's that phrase again).

I guess that the only thing I believe is that Vlad will do something when it suits Vlad. It might - or might not - suit Hearts. It may - or may not - please the rest of us. One thing is certain. He won't be rushed into it and he won't do what we want, just because we want it. So no stars this week, no manager this week. But Frail to get the chance, until the end of the season to "prove he can do the job". Jaundiced? Me? :sad:

Disagree. You just have to look at previous transfer windows.

By the end of August, we were linked wtih no one until the last day when we signed Nade and almost signed Le Tallec. We were also linked with a Nigerian striker IIRC.

Archived