Do you remember previous games called off at Tynie over past 7 years or so?

Strachsuit

After the Sheep-United game was called off today, I was thinking that must b the first game called off at Tynie for a while that I can think of. Thoughts?

A New Years game at Tynecastle in 1994 was called off.

I'm sure there as rumours at the time that Mercer didn't want to pay the cops the double over-time or whatever it was they were due.

The re-arranged game on Jan 11th was '20 in a row'.

Buffalo Bill

After the Sheep-United game was called off today, I was thinking that must b the first game called off at Tynie for a while that I can think of. Thoughts?

I mind a Wednesday night game v Motherwell being called off because pitch was waterlogged think it was mid nineties

It's not been right since the seats were removed and the pitch was moved and relaid. The 'old' pitch at Tynie could take a right battering I'm sure and although maybe snow or severe frost caught us out once or twice I cant really recall any waterlogged postponments ?

However I do remember the Hearts vs FC Gornik friendly match being abandoned about half way through due to a storm of monsoon proportions !

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I just wish the game had been called off at about 7 o'clock. Would have been far better if the sheep worriers had spent all that time and money getting down. *****s

I just wish the game had been called off at about 7 o'clock. Would have been far better if the sheep worriers had spent all that time and money getting down. *****s

Aye feck them. The behaviour of that clown Diamond and his colleagues has removed any shred of respect I had for that club :bootyshake:

A New Years game at Tynecastle in 1994 was called off.

I'm sure there as rumours at the time that Mercer didn't want to pay the cops the double over-time or whatever it was they were due.

The re-arranged game on Jan 11th was '20 in a row'.

Buffalo Bill

The New Years day game was postponed due to a frozen pitch. When the game went ahead the score was 1-1. IIRC Keith Wright put Hibs ahead and John Millar headed in an equaliser. I think the crowd that night was over 24,000.

Archived