yer having a laugh

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

View Gallery

HIBS boss Mixu Paatelainen today welcomed the news that goalkeeper Yves Ma-Kalambay has been called into the full Belgium squad for the first time,:eek: writes COLLEEN PATERSON.

Ma-Kalambay has been a regular in his country's Under-21s side this season but will take the step up to the full side next month. Belgium boss Rene Vandereycken has included the Hibs stopper:p in his squad for the national team's training camp and match against Standard Liege on February 6.

Former Chelsea reserve keeper Ma-Kalambay moved to Easter Road from Stamford Bridge in the summer and has enjoyed regular first-team football for the first time in his short career.:rolleyes:

He has come in for criticism in recent weeks after his mistake in the Edinburgh derby a fortnight ago saw Hibs lose out 1-0 to their city rivals.

However, Paatelainen is delighted

that the young stopper's talent:eek: has been recognised by his national manager and believes he thoroughly deserves the recognition. He said: "It's great news for Yves. He has been involved with the Under 21s for some time and has done well for them and for the club.:rofl:

"It's good experience for him and as a manager you always like to see your players getting called up to their national sides.

"I know that he was given a bit of a hard time recently but I don't want to focus on the negatives.

"Whether you are Maradona, Pele or Ma-Kalambay, a goalkeeper or a striker, you are going to make mistakes at some point. It's how you come back from it that counts in the end and it is always up to the player to go out and prove what they can do.

"We all know the qualities that he has as a goalkeeper:p and I think that it will be good for him to be involved at this higher level with Belgium."

WTF is tattie heid slavering on about ,Ma-calamity is fecking awful ,dinnae tell me he is one off the the flair myth wonder boys and what is the Belgium coach on eh.:confused:

View Gallery

HIBS boss Mixu Paatelainen today welcomed the news that goalkeeper Yves Ma-Kalambay has been called into the full Belgium squad for the first time,:eek: writes COLLEEN PATERSON.

Ma-Kalambay has been a regular in his country's Under-21s side this season but will take the step up to the full side next month. Belgium boss Rene Vandereycken has included the Hibs stopper:p in his squad for the national team's training camp and match against Standard Liege on February 6.

Former Chelsea reserve keeper Ma-Kalambay moved to Easter Road from Stamford Bridge in the summer and has enjoyed regular first-team football for the first time in his short career.:rolleyes:

He has come in for criticism in recent weeks after his mistake in the Edinburgh derby a fortnight ago saw Hibs lose out 1-0 to their city rivals.

that the young stopper's talent:eek: has been recognised by his national manager and believes he thoroughly deserves the recognition. He said: "It's great news for Yves. He has been involved with the Under 21s for some time and has done well for them and for the club.:rofl:

"It's good experience for him and as a manager you always like to see your players getting called up to their national sides.

"I know that he was given a bit of a hard time recently but I don't want to focus on the negatives.

"Whether you are Maradona, Pele or Ma-Kalambay, a goalkeeper or a striker, you are going to make mistakes at some point. It's how you come back from it that counts in the end and it is always up to the player to go out and prove what they can do.

"We all know the qualities that he has as a goalkeeper:p and I think that it will be good for him to be involved at this higher level with Belgium."

WTF is tattie heid slavering on about ,Ma-calamity is fecking awful ,dinnae tell me he is one off the the flair myth wonder boys and what is the Belgium coach on eh.:confused:

that bits the best bit.

loveofthegame

Hilarious, mention kalamity in the same sentence as Pele and Maradona.... only the flair team eh!

As for the main point, Belgium must be horrific, or i think a much more likely explanation= havent watched him but are going on the fact he was at Chelsea and now plays regularly at SPL level.

He'll be found out their just like he was here

Guest JamboRobbo

I think Makalamby is a vastly under-rated keeper. The stick he gets on here is very unfair.

Baw-Heid shouldn't listen to the doubters, and should persevere playing Makalamby in goal as it's clear he has what it takes to be a great Hibs keeper. ;)

I think Makalamby is a vastly under-rated keeper. The stick he gets on here is very unfair.

Baw-Heid shouldn't listen to the doubters, and should persevere playing Makalamby in goal as it's clear he has what it takes to be a great Hibs keeper. ;)

Well said.The lad has ability and should be first choice keeper every week.:rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
Well said.The lad has ability and should be first choice keeper every week.:rolleyes:

At the very least, they should always play him in the big matches like the derbies. :)

Let's no forget that Maka was FIFTH choice keeper at Chelsea

Cech

Cudicini

Hilario

Hedman(who was brought in when Cech and Carlo got injuredand they just had Hilario,Clearly no faith in Yves then)

Ma-Kalamity

At the very least, they should always play him in the big matches like the derbies. :)

Its time for this old favourite.Hibs keepers,past and present,mourn the demise of another career.

clown_funeral_thumb.jpg

Next we'll see Zibby as poland's number 1, simon brown as england's number 1 and Kurtis as lith's number 1. oh wait, is that last one already in place? :(

Guest JamboRobbo
Its time for this old favourite.Hibs keepers,past and present,mourn the demise of another career.

[ATTACH]75[/ATTACH]

is that Roughie second from left? looks like he's lost some weight. :laugh:

[ATTACH]75[/ATTACH]

Cannot believe i never saw that pic before. I just about choked with laughter:)

View Gallery

Can you bet on these types of games?

Archived