bye bye Hutton!

Seashell

Driver ripped him a new one last time did he not?

Oh well next one then.

Over-rated player, and would have been daft to stay at the Huns tbh.

Guest JamboRobbo

cheers for the info. should be good news all round.

rangers lose a good player, and will more than likely waste the cash.

a young scottish player gets premiership move, which should help his progression for the national team. and make it a bit easier to want him to do well for scotland.

Everyones a winner.

Say What Again
:(

very bad news imo

I think it's bad news as well.

Rangers will just put Whittaker at right back and will now have ?11 million (Cousin/Hutton) to strengthen.

very bad news imo

I think this is just a case of the Huns paying for their summer transfer expenditure, they've been desperately trying to punt both Hutton and Cousin all transfer window, their replacements will be loan signings and maybe one sub ?2million player.

So given we don't have anyone worth signing, it shouldn't worry us!

One of the papers today is saying that he will be on 33K a week at Spurs. Really cant knock back money like that when it will set him up for life. When you look at the calibre of game in the Premiership compared to the SPL it can only be a good thing for the national team.

chester copperpot

I think Hutton's one of the most improved players in the SPL, but worth ?9M, no fecking way.

No wonder Rangers were keen to rip Spurs hand off when they offered that amount, no-one can blame them.

Wattie will spend the cash on 5 or 6 1-2M carthorses to fit in with his style of play.

So much for Chic Dung and his I understand that he will still be at Rangers on Feb 1st dispite what you hear elsewhere

Is his partner about to give birth ?

...Wattie will spend the cash on 5 or 6 1-2M carthorses to fit in with his style of play.

Will he be allowed to spend any or all of it though?

We're not the only ones with a ground redevelopment to pay for.

chester copperpot
Will he be allowed to spend any or all of it though?

We're not the only ones with a ground redevelopment to pay for.

OK, one or 2 carthorses then, as has already been noted by Tobias (Graham Alexander :confused:)

Fair play to him.... rated him myself, looked like a completely different player this season. Hope it works out for him......... tough club to go to but hope it works out.

Were they interested before Ramos arrived?

OK, one or 2 carthorses then, as has already been noted by Tobias (Graham Alexander :confused:)

or Robbie Neilson - ?500K (if football rumours is to be believed ;)).

I just took this from the Rangers website and can't believe they don't know how much the transfer fee will be. :omg:

ALAN HUTTON is set to become Scotland's most expensive player as he closes in on moving to Tottenham Hostpur today.

The Rangers full back has been chased by the London side all of this month and now they have got their man.

It is understood that the transfer fee could top the ?9million Sunderland paid to Hearts for Craig Gordon, which is the current Scottish transfer fee record.

Rangers' previous transfer record was ?8.5m when Giovanni van Bronckhorst moved to Arsenal in the summer of 2001.

Rangers agreed a fee with Tottenham at the beginning of January but the 23-year-old intially turned down the chance to join Juande Ramos's side.

However, Spurs persisted in their overtures and following further discussions with the hugely talented Scotland star an agreement was reached. Once the formalities are completed, the deal will be done later today.

Hutton cleared out his locker at Murray Park and said farewell to his Rangers team mates, wishing them every success in their chase for the Championship.

Now Alan could be handed a fantastic debut against Manchester United on Saturday at White Hart Lane and has the Carling Cup Final to look forward to on February 24 when Spurs face Chelsea at Wembley.

MORE ON THIS STORY AS IT DEVELOPS

It is understood that the transfer fee could top the ?9million Sunderland paid to Hearts for Craig Gordon, which is the current Scottish transfer fee record.

Load of baws. The fee was ?8m which was agreed already. The sticking point was personal terms. Still, it'll give the Record et al a headline to peddle to the muppets from the west!

Alan Hutton is easily the most overated player in the SPL, well was, even more than the crab.

He cant defend, dont care what people say but hes not a good defender!

Attack wise yes, defender? No chance.

Rangers must be laughing all the way to the bank.

No. You're wrong.

Toby is Chris, not Graham Alexander.

+ their hand if they offer us that!

Take it now!!!

Yup!

Thats us paying them though :D

Still Yup!

:smartass:

Well pardon me Monsieur Funke.

Hush my mouth.

It's Doctor.

Or if you wish to speak in my ancestors' native tongue, Doktor.

Doktor Tobias F?nke.

:D

Mmmm... I have always been amazed with the fantastic media PR Robbie attracts.

Wattie (allegedly) has expressed his great admiration of Robbie so surely here is an opportunity for his boyhood heroes to buy him.

Aye that will be right! Strange that Robbie was always first on Leveins team sheet yet CL never tried to attract him down to LCFC.

Infact despite the regular MOM performances from Neilson (according to some KBrs) NOBODY has put in an offer to buy him in the last 10 years.

Mmmm... I have always been amazed with the fantastic media PR Robbie attracts.

Wattie (allegedly) has expressed his great admiration of Robbie so surely here is an opportunity for his boyhood heroes to buy him.

Aye that will be right! Strange that Robbie was always first on Leveins team sheet yet CL never tried to attract him down to LCFC.

Infact despite the regular MOM performances from Neilson (according to some KBrs) NOBODY has put in an offer to buy him in the last 10 years.

Source.

;)

It's Doctor.

Or if you wish to speak in my ancestors' native tongue, Doktor.

Doktor Tobias F?nke.

:D

Can I please make an appointment?

Rangers will just put Whittaker at right back and will now have ?11 million (Cousin/Hutton) to strengthen.

That should help pay for Webster! LOL

Source.

;)

Phil Anderton.

Not in contact with anybody at Tynecastle since he left however if anybody had put in an offer for Neilson the 'Robbie lovin EEN' would have been all over the story like a rash!

Commander Harris

possible debut for Hutton - against Giggs and Ronaldo :biggrin:

If Miko and Ivaskevicius can make him look foolish defensively...

cobbyshambles

will now have ?11 million (Cousin/Hutton) to strengthen.

not before tomorrow they won't:)

I P Knightley
Just on the news thats him away to Spurs, immediate effect!

He'll be a hero; just for Juande.

(In the interests of the environment, this joke has been re-cycled)

I reckon he'll do alright in the Premiership. Juande has to work on the defence and will therefore focus a lot of attention on Hutton, Woodgate et al. Paper this morning says that Deadly Ledley's knee's so badly effed that he'll only play one game in three. So the new guys will get the glory should Spurs stop shipping 4 goals a game!

Can I please make an appointment?

Well as I am involved in analysis and therapy, I will book you in for an analrapy session.

Well as I am involved in analysis and therapy, I will book you in for an analrapy session.

Oh my goodness - I've come over all unneccesary.

Saying that, I'll bend over backwards to make that appointment.

Ah I get it now!

:laugh:

I've got a feeling that if I attend my appointment with the good Doc, then I may "get it too". :sad:

I've got a feeling that if I attend my appointment with the good Doc, then I may "get it too". :sad:

Well and truely.

He's a veteran I hear.:bootyshake:

The Old Tolbooth

9M for a diving clogger!!

Great piece of business for Rangers but terrible if your a Spurs fan, he's vastly over rated, cant defend worth a toss, dives all over the place and is one of the dirtiest players in the league.

Lets just see how long it takes to get found out in a proper league.

One of THE great unacknowledged divers in Scottish football.

Just spoken to a Rangers fan about Huttons move, his first words?

" Damn he had just perfected his dive as well "

Don't worry. You'll be fine. I just blue myself. Everything is great.

Yeah I loved that story yesterday on here that RFC were having to sell, to be able to pay for Webster ... heh.

Oh I would love it so much if they have to pay us 3 mill ...

Archived