Well striker in talks with Boro

slfjambo

hope this happens before next tuesdays replay......... ;)............

Well striker in talks with Boro

McCormack has been in great form for Motherwell this season

Motherwell striker Ross McCormack will hold signing talks with Middlesbrough later this week.

The 21-year-old is out of contract in the summer and is free to speak to interested clubs.

But McCormack's agent, John Brown, told BBC Sport that Motherwell are keen to extend the striker's stay and they too will talk to the player this week.

Other Scottish Premier League and English Championship clubs have also shown an interest.

McCormack started his senior career with Rangers and scored in a 1-1 Champions League draw away to Porto.

But he was loaned out to Doncaster later that season and left Ibrox in 2006 after making just 14 appearances for the Glasgow club.

McCormack's first season with Motherwell was plagued by injury and he scored just three times in 15 appearances.

However, he has blossomed under new manager Mark McGhee this season, scoring eight goals and putting in a series of critically-acclaimed performances.

And this month said he was keen to extend his stay with Motherwell.

But, with McGhee being among those shortlisted for the Scotland manager's vacancy, McCormack also appears to be considering his future at Fir Park.

"I've always said that I would benefit from another season or two at Motherwell to progress my game and develop," McCormack had told the club website.

"That is still the case, so we just need to get the right deal sorted out."

Motherwell would be due compensation should McCormack reject a new contract and leave for another club in the summer.

Midfield Dynamo

Maurice Malpas said that he was a trouble maker and was not interested.

A new manager comes in and hey-presto he is superb.

He has been excellent in the 2 games he has played at Tynie this season.

I would like him in our team.

Archived