MAKELA AWAY

it_hearts

Dont know if anybody else seen this , but makela has joined dutch team RKC Waalwijk on trial. Dont think he got a fair chance with us.

Dunk-Section G

Suppose he never got a decent run, but the times I saw him he never did too much too impress. Even when he scored 3 v Alloa I thought he looked poor.

Again, a move that frees up some wages and squad space - which is positive.

would like to see him get a chance but he obviously isnt getting it so hopefully get him off the wage sheet. he's only on trial though so could still be back....

He vies with Robbie Neilson for the title of "first touch of an elephant" as regards his ball control.

He's supposed to be lazy in training.

Whenever he's been on, OK so sometime he gets just a few minutes, but he certainly doesn't bust a gut.

I so wanted him to be THE srtriker. I loved it when he arrived and said he loves running at goalies and scaring them. He scored a good header on his debut v pars, good hat-trick against the lowly alloa, and an opportunist goal v barcelona.

But he doesn't help out the team etc.

Thanks, Juho ... but cheerio all the same.

Dont know if anybody else seen this , but makela has joined dutch team RKC Waalwijk on trial. Dont think he got a fair chance with us.

I think most of us probably saw it on the official site and the thread on here yesterday. Regarding a fair chance, I used to think the same as you but he got plenty chances in the reserves and he was hopeless. My favourite was when he had an open goal from about 6 yards and actually managed to miss the ball altogether. Think it was the reserves last match against Aberdeen. There are other instances but I think this one serves as a good example of his prowess. I'm sure other Reserves watchers can come up with others.

The frightning thing is that Vlad chased him around the world to sign him up for ?500k!:confused:

Throw in the big money he paid for Beslija and Goncalves, and perhaps even Vlad has woken up to the fact that he wouldn't know a quality footballer if he tripped over one and has wasted his dosh!

As Vald will not let anybody else select a player and spend his money, we are now faced with the current situation in the transfer window - ZIPPO!!

About time he left. This guy can control a ball further than I can kick it!

He will however be remembered for scoring for the Mighty JT's against the lowly Spanish opposition of Barcelona in front of 60,000 fans.

Sad excuse for a footballer. Had plenty of chances and if he was any good at all I'm sure he'd have had more. Plenty more dross where he came from still at Hearts. I hope we punt several more before the deadline.

I think most of us probably saw it on the official site and the thread on here yesterday. Regarding a fair chance, I used to think the same as you but he got plenty chances in the reserves and he was hopeless. My favourite was when he had an open goal from about 6 yards and actually managed to miss the ball altogether. Think it was the reserves last match against Aberdeen. There are other instances but I think this one serves as a good example of his prowess. I'm sure other Reserves watchers can come up with others.

Having never seen him in a reserve game, can I ask how many of the so called great prospects have actually played for the first team this season?? by my reckoning...NONE, so it would seem that doing the business in the reserves doesn`t mean you will do it in the first team sorry to see him go, especially having never had a fair run out in the first team.

He did look like a limited footballer, but he also looked like he knew where the net is.

When you look at the amount of chances duds like Miko, Ivaskavicious etc have had, I can't help feeling a bit sorry for him.

He should have been given a chance this season, scored 3 or 4 goals in pre-season then saw Beniusis thrown in ahead of him for the Hibs game - he must have thought about ending it all after seeing that!

Think it's a shame he never got enough starts - Im sure if you look at his 1st team apearances and goal ratio - it's probably the best we have? All beit he's hardley played any 1st team football!

Watch for his name flashing up on gillette Soccer Saturday in 2 years time!

Archived