The McManus tackle!!!!

lambojambo

I saw the leg break tackle on the Falkirk player for the first time last night.:eek:

That was criminal assault from McManus - leading in with two feet and right over the top of the ball! That was a straight red and he should have been pillored by the media for putting a guy out of the game for a year.

Instead the media close ranks - whilst JC is a Scotsport God to me, I was really disappointed that in his view McManus had not been "malicious".:(

Just how many players have "honest" McAnus and Bobo Balde put out of the game in the last few years.

He is one of the dirtiest players in the SPL.

It may not have been malicious - that is he didn't intend to break his leg - but he was extremely reckless and it was a dangerous tackle!

The laws of the game are clear!!!

It should have been an automatic red!!!

Here's a thing!

He wasn't even booked and so video evidence can be used to give him a retrospective red card - but will it???

No, I didn't think so!

The GFA are too busy falsely accusing, booking Lithuanian players for being fouled in the box to worry about a tackle that put a player out the game long-term!!!

Bloody hypocrites, the lot of them!!!

Drylaw Hearts
I saw the leg break tackle on the Falkirk player for the first time last night.:eek:

That was criminal assault from McManus - leading in with two feet and right over the top of the ball! That was a straight red and he should have been pillored by the media for putting a guy out of the game for a year.

Instead the media close ranks - whilst JC is a Scotsport God to me, I was really disappointed that in his view McManus had not been "malicious".:(

As much as I thought was a shocking tackle, it didn't think it was malicious.

And IIRC, it wasn't a 2 footed challenge. It wasn't his leading foot that caught the Falrkirk guy it was his trailing leg.

I don't think McManus went out to hurt the guy I just think he made a complete mess of the tackle.

And because it was so badly timed, he should have have been Red Carded.

cobbyshambles

the referees actually have a smile on their face when they're booking hearts players yet as soon as something like this happens they get scared and do nothing.it's ridiculous, i think a uefa enquiry should take place if this continues over the next few months.

I'd agree it wasn't malicious in so much as McAnus didn't mean to injure the lad.

It was a shocking tackle and worthy of at least a yellow card.

Lady luck played a part, in that Holdens foot was planted at the time.

the referees actually have a smile on their face when they're booking hearts players yet as soon as something like this happens they get scared and do nothing.it's ridiculous, i think a uefa enquiry should take place if this continues over the next few months.

No chance of that happening!!!

Remember who's in control of much of that side of things - a certain Mr David Taylor who, I firmly believe was the driving force in the particular attention payed by UEFA to Miko's dive, and who was never backward in coming forward when it came to having a go at Vlad and Hearts!!!

cobbyshambles
No chance of that happening!!!

Remember who's in control of much of that side of things - a certain Mr David Taylor who, I firmly believe was the driving force in the particular attention payed by UEFA to Miko's dive, and who was never backward in coming forward when it came to having a go at Vlad and Hearts!!!

in an ideal situation uefa would get them told

gorgie rd eh11

Wild lunge, nowhere near the ball. Imagine Zaliukas doing that to scott mcdonald or kris boyd. Not the first time he's put in a challenge like that, but there's no chance you'll hear any criticism. He's a big honest scottish laddie.

I've never understood this 'big honest Scottish laddie' mentality that dictates that diving or simulation is a hanging offence, but ending someone's career with a ridiculous tackle is 'honest' - mans game and all that, sorry your leg's hanging off.

Also, it's almost always the old firm players that perpetrate these shockers - McManus, Balde, Andrews. All got away with it.

Perhaps if referees applied the law to these players they would learn what is a fair tackle!

I never thought refeering bias towards the old firm would allow their players to indulge in possible career-ending tackles with impunity. :(

As much as I thought was a shocking tackle, it didn't think it was malicious.

And IIRC, it wasn't a 2 footed challenge. It wasn't his leading foot that caught the Falrkirk guy it was his trailing leg.

I don't think McManus went out to hurt the guy I just think he made a complete mess of the tackle.

And because it was so badly timed, he should have have been Red Carded.

Whether it was malicious or not his leading foot is with respect not the real point - the facts are that McManus went right over the top of the ball with both feet! When I saw the re-run it made me wince! :eek:

Shocking tackle similar to the Porto(?) players tackle on Scott Brown in a CL match at Parkhead a few months ago. UEFA reviewed the TV evidence on that one and the guy got an extra ban.

Meantime all we get from the SFA is................silence!:mad:

I thought it was a shocker. When I first saw it I assumed the ref would bring it back after any advantage had gone and give a free-kick on the edge of the box and book the Celtic player. It was late and reckless. But nowt was given.

If it was at the other end however....

Nelly Terraces

If it'd been in England, or anywhere else for that mater, McAnus would've seen red straight away, no question. Swept under the carpet here again of course.

Sickening.

Don't forget, Caldwell also put David Fernandez out the game for at least a season with what I'd deem a 'reckless' challenge !

I'm not sure if the one Terry received at Kilmarnock wasn't of the same nature too.............fair, in that he aimed for the ball, but perhaps reckless in that anybody even standing behind McCann would have got halved as well !

Don't forget, Caldwell also put David Fernandez out the game for at least a season with what I'd deem a 'reckless' challenge !

I'm not sure if the one Terry received at Kilmarnock wasn't of the same nature too.............fair, in that he aimed for the ball, but perhaps reckless in that anybody even standing behind McCann would have got halved as well !

No doubt about the tackle involving McCann yet it wasn't even a foul according to the moron masquerading as a referee.

Scottish referees need to get up to pace with the modern interpretation of the laws of the game.

Cloggers like McManus with their hard but fair approach belong in the past.

It was a red card , no doubt about it and the ref was only couple o yards from it. What was he looking at? Also , caldwells hand ball, how can he miss that, his hand is straight out from his body , pity eggy jonsen ( v motherwell ) did,nt have that ref or would it matter? And donati foul on falkirk player in the other pen decision the ref missed, it was a carbon copy of the miko decision v aberdeen, how did falkirk player not get booked for diving if it was,nt a pen, but our miko does?

Its really starting to do my head in. We cant even ask for a strong ref on wednesday because we dont have any.

No doubt about the tackle involving McCann yet it wasn't even a foul according to the moron masquerading as a referee.

Scottish referees need to get up to pace with the modern interpretation of the laws of the game.

Cloggers like McManus with their hard but fair approach belong in the past.

sadly in this country, hard challenges like that which are always likely to injure opponents, are completely acceptable, yet dive and you automatically become the devil incarnate.

The thing that does my head in if you look at the Bookings and red cards table the old firm are always at the bottom, The season equals it's self out.:)

Guest JamboRobbo

In any other team in any other league, McManus would've got a straight red. Even Celtic fans I know admit this.

Playing for Celtic, in the SPL, he got away with nothing. Shocking favouritism shown be the referee.

The Wrinkly Ninja

These things have a habit of evening themselves out over the season in the eyes of the SFA so there will be no recrimination- there will doubtless be a Rangers player who escapes a red card at some point in the season which will square everything up.

:pizza: nonsense.

Three Lithuanians clobbered and then booked by referees for simulation, I think there is a case for the race relations board to look at. Definite case of institutional racism by the GFA/ referees.

These things have a habit of evening themselves out over the season in the eyes of the SFA so there will be no recrimination- there will doubtless be a Rangers player who escapes a red card at some point in the season which will square everything up.

:pizza: nonsense.

That is infact the sad fact of Scottish football. The establishment ensure that decisions are evened up for the Ugly Sisters.

Any injustices for the other teams...well they're not important in the grand scheme of things are they!

Archie McPherson summed it up in the aftermath of the Andy Davis incident by stating on Scotsport - "I really do not know what the fuss is about, these decisions get evened up over the course of a season".

The even-ing up of course was only relative to the OF. The fact that Hearts had been robbed of a vital point in their quest for european football just did not enter his Worzil Gummage straw covered heed!!:mad:

The SFA will NOT act unless there is a media outcry.

What media outcry has there been this weekend to gloss over the leg break? Hmm, let me think.

The captain of Celtic will never be the subject of a media outcry to have him handed a red card - it just won't happen. The SFA don't have the bottle to do it on their own either and as for the SPL :bootyshake:

It may not have been malicious but it was definitely "dangerous foul play" and therefore a straight red :confused:

sadly in this country, hard challenges like that which are always likely to injure opponents, are completely acceptable, yet dive and you automatically become the devil incarnate.

yep spot on.......it's a man's game etc played by red blooded Jocks whereas diving (sorry simulation) is payed dirty cheating foreigners :sarcasm:

It was a poorly timed tackle and merited a yellow card no more. Keep your hair on.

Poorly timed tackles do NOT go in with both both feet OVER THE TOP of the ball!

Suggest you post on to greatunwashed.com where your views will meet with universal apporoval! ;)

Poorly timed tackles do NOT go in with both both feet OVER THE TOP of the ball!

Suggest you post on to greatunwashed.com where your views will meet with universal apporoval! ;)

I suggest you accept that this is a forum where I am permitted (I think) to express my opinion or take on any incident or topic without some T1T Like you suggesting I post elsewhere. I don't subscribe to the universal theory that They're all out to get us and that all the refs are in the pocket of the Old Firm. I suggest you stick your finger up your nose ya tool. There thats better. Now we've both had a little go at each other.

I suggest you accept that this is a forum where I am permitted (I think) to express my opinion or take on any incident or topic without some T1T Like you suggesting I post elsewhere. I don't subscribe to the universal theory that They're all out to get us and that all the refs are in the pocket of the Old Firm. I suggest you stick your finger up your nose ya tool. There thats better. Now we've both had a little go at each other.

Mmmm...a whole 38 posts since October 2007. Passionate Jambo are we? Or only passionate when somebody has a pop at Celtic's Captain?:bootyshake:

cardboardcutout

DONT THINK MCMANUS WAS TRYING TO HURT THE GUY, THE BALL RAN AWAY FROM HOLDEN A WEE BIT AND MCMANUS WAS TEMPTED TO LUNGE AT IT.IMO

WHAT WAS MORE WORRYING WAS THE CLEARLY OFFSIDE GOAL!!!

Mmmm...a whole 38 posts since October 2007. Passionate Jambo are we? Or only passionate when somebody has a pop at Celtic's Captain?:bootyshake:

For your information I sit in the wheatfield Stand Section D row 18. Seat number can be supplied if you need it or I could meet you at the back of the stand after the Gretna gane and we could have a duel. I've been a season ticket hiolder by and large since 1980 and am in both 500 clubs. Is that OK for you, or would you like to see my share certificate.

Kingston gets booked for taking a quick free kick. Stewart gets a second yellow for shouting at a fan (did we ever clear up precisely what the bookable offence there actually was?)

McManus gets nothing for assault and threatning a guys career (intentional or not)

And the media deny there is anything wrong with refereeing in Scotland.

Sad.

Clubs cant criticise / comment on refs - they get fined / suspended

You challenge a refs decision and the same ref is first point of appeal

The SFA / SPL are not only administrator of their own rules, they are judge and jury.

The whole system is legally flawed and ripe for abuse.

For anyone to think it is not abused is in cloud cuckoo land

For your information I sit in the wheatfield Stand Section D row 18. Seat number can be supplied if you need it or I could meet you at the back of the stand after the Gretna gane and we could have a duel. I've been a season ticket hiolder by and large since 1980 and am in both 500 clubs. Is that OK for you, or would you like to see my share certificate.

Please do not give me your seat number, as a half eaten pie thwapped on the back of yer heed might cause offence! ;)

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I'm glad you posted this. I thought it was a disgraceful and reckless tackle. McManus should hold his head in shame for that. :eek:

The SFA will NOT act unless there is a media outcry.

What media outcry has there been this weekend to gloss over the leg break? Hmm, let me think.

The captain of Celtic will never be the subject of a media outcry to have him handed a red card - it just won't happen. The SFA don't have the bottle to do it on their own either and as for the SPL :bootyshake:

Yep!

The Sunday Mail (I know, it's p!sh) published the crime count league table (no prizes for guessing that we're tops by a country mile) but, firmly routed at the bottom - you guesed it - the OF.

If your were to ask any reasonably minded football supporter (of teams in the SPL) "Is our own team any dirtier than either of the OF?" there would be a resounding no! And correctly so! The OF get away with murder... just ask Falkirk and take a look at the McManus takle.

...then take a look at the crime count table this Sunday.

'It all evens out over the season?'... aye, right!

Whether it was a red card or a yellow card in my opinion is irrelevent.

The facts are,

1, The referee deemed it not worthy of any action. (wrong).

2, Scott McDonalds goal was onside. (wrong)

3, Two more than decent Falkirk penalty shouts turned down (Anyone remember Hampden I mean Fir Park). (wrong)

I also felt that the Celtic full back Naylor went down rather easily under a sohoulder to shoulder and from what I observed, he seemed to be looking for a penalty in an almost bookable offence type fashion.

:(

I also felt that the Celtic full back Naylor went down rather easily under a sohoulder to shoulder and from what I observed, he seemed to be looking for a penalty in an almost bookable offence type fashion.

...if his name had been Naylorivicius... maybe. ;)

wait, no, he was wearing a tic top. :(

Archived