adaware

the voice from above

the voice from above

right i've been running a scan on my comp and have detected plenty of 'threats', when i go to delte them it won't let me remove some but says they'll be removed once i shut down the computer. problem is, when i shut down and scan again, adaware finds yet more 'threats'.

any suggestions...

Sheriff Fatman
right i've been running a scan on my comp and have detected plenty of 'threats', when i go to delte them it won't let me remove some but says they'll be removed once i shut down the computer. problem is, when i shut down and scan again, adaware finds yet more 'threats'.

any suggestions...

Most of the times I have seen that it has been cookies that have been detected and can't be got rid off.

Cookies are not really security threats, though some can be a bit of a privacy annoyance.

Just keep doing regular scans and you should be ok, or try running another anti-spyware program if you are really concerned. I have found it is useful to use two anyway as each pick up things the other misses.

any suggestions...

I've had some problems with viruses, threats etc lately so try having a read of this thread from last week.

Hope it helps!

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1704

the voice from above
I've had some problems with viruses, threats etc lately so try having a read of this thread from last week.

Hope it helps!

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1704

CHEERS

Most of the times I have seen that it has been cookies that have been detected and can't be got rid off.

Cookies are not really security threats, though some can be a bit of a privacy annoyance.

Just keep doing regular scans and you should be ok, or try running another anti-spyware program if you are really concerned. I have found it is useful to use two anyway as each pick up things the other misses.

AND CHEERS

Archived