Total nonsense from the SFA.

Yep - defo went up in my opinion for that

He knew he was getting nothing.

He could hear the chants of cheat.

He got screamed at by Diamond.

He got booked for a clear penalty.

And he took it on the chin.

totally agree, said as much on the scotsport thread.

he got back up and walked away, no backchat, no protesting at his booking...

well done lad

:clap:

Thought that was very professional for someone who has lacked that quality in the past.

Taking a leaf out of the Great Takis' book after being wrongly sent off against the Tic.

I find him one of our most infuriating players but you're dead right about that.

Completely agree. well done Miko, in a couple of years you might be eligible to win a penalty again. SFA GTF.

Absofeckinlutely.

Didn't see who the third was but Diamond and McNamara should be feeling thoroughly ashamed of themselves today. I'm sure it happens all the time and I don't notice it so much, but the way they gathered around to scream in his face was just despicable.

I felt so proud of him as he just nodded and walked away. He's demonstrating far more grit than I thought he was capable of...I didn't think he had it in him.

Well done Miko, don't let the baskets get you down.

totally agree, said as much on the scotsport thread.

he got back up and walked away, no backchat, no protesting at his booking...

well done lad

It was controlled, mature and dignified behaviour from the lad.

Can't go along with the Thread title tho mainly coz its Hearts I love not Miko -and the lad is a liability on the playing front

:o

ArmiyaRomanova

Noticed he even saw the humour in the inevitability of the decision. Probably because he knew he'd be vindicated in the aftermath.

Well done the lad.

Absofeckinlutely.

Didn't see who the third was but Diamond and McNamara should be feeling thoroughly ashamed of themselves today. I'm sure it happens all the time and I don't notice it so much, but the way they gathered around to scream in his face was just despicable.

I felt so proud of him as he just nodded and walked away. He's demonstrating far more grit than I thought he was capable of...I didn't think he had it in him.

Well done Miko, don't let the baskets get you down.

personally i didnt feel proud of him?

in the face of provocatation I WOULD'VE EMPTIED THOSE PAIR OF WELTS!!!!

The Old Tolbooth

Said the same when I was watching it also, top marks for acting with dignity when it would have been oh so easy to chib the cheating *****!

Possibly the boy is starting to realise what it takes to wear the maroon and white... Class! thats the difference! Being that cut above the rest when the chips are stacked against you and rising above it!

Then again... time will tell i think!

Exactly, he's got nothing to lose now, he should have laid into the sad pair of ****ers and then got out of Scottish football for good - he's on a loser in Scotland for the rest of his career, in another country he could start again from scratch.

alwaysthereinspirit

Just watched the highlights and it was a foul. The #14 who fouled him didn't even get upset until the two other brainless neds started jumping all over him. Miko took it like a man unlike the Aberdeen losers. Hope Hearts have a huge dossier on this crap for when the $#!t hits the fan. No way can this be allowed to continue. What other teams fans dont realise is that its an embarrasment to them too. Scottish football has always been a joke but due to video coverage over the last few years its become more obvious.

Nice idea...and I'm sure he probably wanted to...but fortunately he went for the more dignified approach of saying nothing and walking away. So yep, I was proud of him.

He can't do right for doing wrong in the eyes of the referees so it was great to see that he didn't play right into their hands. He's made of tougher stuff than I thought and that's good news.

:)

Agree with your point but let's not forget his is still absolutely pish.

Let's also not forget that he has, in the past, spent 90 minutes ripping the erse out of an "?8,000,000 rated" defender. He's not nearly as bad as some people on here make out.

alwaysthereinspirit
Agree with your point but let's not forget his is still absolutely pish.

He may not be everyones cup of tea but never forget he's OUR cup of tea.

Dr Ian Malcolm

The guy clearly has ability, he just needs to show it a lot more. The immediate reaction on here seem to out of form players is that they're pish. Mikey Stewart made a very good start to the season, went off the biol recently and was pish all of a sudden, he isn't. Its the same story with Goncalves and Miko to an extent - we've seen what he can do, just not often enough. The fact that he was getting repeated chances when he wasn't playing well was more of a problem - didn't mean he was useless.

If over that last year or so he had been dropped /started when deserved, he might not get the same level of flak he gets now.

jack D and coke
Let's also not forget that he has, in the past, spent 90 minutes ripping the erse out of an "?8,000,000 rated" defender. He's not nearly as bad as some people on here make out.

Your going to have to refresh my memory on that one.

Anyone?

Everybody loves Baz
Surely the official line is he didn't argue because he KNEW HE WAS GUILTY

away and throw *****e at yerself

JennytheJambo
Completely agree. well done Miko, in a couple of years you might be eligible to win a penalty again. SFA GTF.

He will need to change his identity to get that.

cobbyshambles

showed professionalism which i previously thought he lacked, well done to him. the sfa on the other hand...

Your going to have to refresh my memory on that one.

Anyone?

45 minutes against Scotland spring to mind. The OP may of been getting a bit carried away...

When ,oh when will UEFA, FIFA, SFA etc just take the easy way to stopping all this cheating?

If a player is found (via video footage) to have conned a ref into getting someone sent off, or booked, or to have dived, then that player should get a retrospective one match ban.

The guy clearly has ability, he just needs to show it a lot more. The immediate reaction on here seem to out of form players is that they're pish. Mikey Stewart made a very good start to the season, went off the biol recently and was pish all of a sudden, he isn't. Its the same story with Goncalves and Miko to an extent - we've seen what he can do, just not often enough. The fact that he was getting repeated chances when he wasn't playing well was more of a problem - didn't mean he was useless.

If over that last year or so he had been dropped /started when deserved, he might not get the same level of flak he gets now.

I agreed with the sentiments of your post but you kind of spoiled it when you mentioned Goncalves. The lad is pish.

Miko both played well and handled himself well on Saturday. Maybe he hasn't done this enough in the last couple of years. However you could clearly see how his spirit was lifted when the shouts of "Miko, Miko" came from the away end. With a bit more encouragement from us lot, I think he may still fulfill his potential.

HEARTS FOREVER

Miko is a prime example of everything thats wrong about Heart of Midlothian football club right now.

Exactly, that's why he came over after the game to applaud the support, and give his shirt away, as a thanks. People on here are far too harsh. He is by no means the best, but by no means the worst we have either. On Saturday he played really well.

Oops - meant to quote Bervie Jambo here!

We_are_the_Hearts
Miko is a prime example of everything thats wrong about Heart of Midlothian football club right now.

Along with yourself? Not Miko's biggest fan but at least stick up for your own.

HEARTS FOREVER
Along with yourself? Not Miko's biggest fan but at least stick up for your own.

A player who has been given many chances and has proven he isnt good enough.

We_are_the_Hearts

Clean slate for me since we got trid of the ridiculous "Management team".

We have our troubles to seek but we should stick up for our own, especially the way our team is being treated by opposition players and officials. Now the media are taking cheap digs as well and they need to know that?s our job, not theirs!! Would they take cheap digs at the OF?????????

portobellojambo1
Miko both played well and handled himself well on Saturday. Maybe he hasn't done this enough in the last couple of years. However you could clearly see how his spirit was lifted when the shouts of "Miko, Miko" came from the away end. With a bit more encouragement from us lot, I think he may still fulfill his potential.

I was at Pittodrie on Saturday, and I think I must have been watching a different game, along with many, in fact most, around me.

Mikoliunas did nothing, absolutely nothing first half, he was the constant break down point of moves going forward, and most of the Hearts support were on his back for one thing that he simply cannot do, track runs of opposition players. He made two or three runs in the second half, to me that is not playing well, that is what I expect from a wide player, not two or three times, but constantly.

I think it is time for us to stop accepting mediocre players, and replace them with better, because by accepting mediocre players you end up in a mediocre league position, and those who are willing to accept the mediocre players have no grounds to complain about the league position.

EDIT - Sorry, by the way I do not class Mikoliunas alone within the category of mediocre, but this thread is about him, hence his name has been used.

Guest Dipped Flake

I think Mikos main problem with certain fans is that he was given a starting spot when he wasn't playing well and should have been dropped. That wasn't his fault, what was he meant to do, say 'sorry but I don't think I deserve to be in the team today'?? Now I think he does deserve his place as he is starting to contribute more and so deserves all fans support. I think he thrives on hearing his name being sung from the stands

No, that would be you.

The more the rest of Scotland hate Miko, the more I will back him to the hilt.

And thats REGARDLESS of how he's playin for us.

Guest JamboRobbo

As always, I'll call it how I see it. Praise where due, criticism where due.

Miko earns a lot more criticism than praise from me.

I know people have issues with Frail but our discipline is definitely improving under him

Our last 3 games have had match influencing decisions go against us and by and large the players have got on with things

Its all part of the positive up curve IMO

Surely the official line is he didn't argue because he KNEW HE WAS GUILTY

I guess you didn'd see the replay then, Looking through green tinted glasses are we??? :hae36:

I know people have issues with Frail but our discipline is definitely improving under him

Our last 3 games have had match influencing decisions go against us and by and large the players have got on with things

Its all part of the positive up curve IMO

I agree with this. It is great to see better discipline. In the Motherwell game away Velicka half dived but then realised he would get booked so got up quick. There was virtually no dissent on unfair bookings. Same with Miko on Saturday.

Pressley was expert at dealing with the referees. The likes of Hugh Dallas used to compliment Elvis on how he spoke to the referees - that gets you more decisions than blasting away at them.

Archived