Gary Cahill Is Worth ?4.5 Million? Then What's Webster Worth?

Hungry Heart

Utter farcical money for him

Id say hes overvalued as opposed to webster undervalued

I'm thinking from the appeal point of view. A scenario that was used as part of our current appeal was Joleon Lescott going for ?5 million to Everton from a Championship side.

I think with Webster's caps for Scotland and Cahill's lack thereof for England coupled with Scotland's rise and England's fall, its only fair to compare the two central defenders and the money paid for each.

oh ah grantona

i think 600k for webster was decent i think he was an average player with no composure on the ball more a kick the way he was facing

i think 600k for webster was decent i think he was an average player with no composure on the ball more a kick the way he was facing

I'm not saying Webster is worth ?5 million, far from it. But I don't think Cahill is worth more than Webster.

lost in leith

Bit harsh. Not a fan of Webster for obvious reasons. However, I remember his performance against Germany for Scotland. At that stage I thought he had the potential to be a top defender. Given a couple of injury free years I reckon he could be that player again.

Actually laughed when I read 4.5 million for Cahill. This sort of over-pricing of average players cant go on.....

Cahill

Hutton

Cousin

Woodgate (9 million for a defender who is never fit for more than two games running??!!)

Matt Taylor

(feel free to add your own)

All going for far far far too much money, im not saying these guys are bad players, just that they're not worth close to there price....

Any amount over 1M would constitute a victory for Vlad. Anything approaching 2M would be a humiliation for Webster and Wigan/Rangers. If that happened expect it to be announced in the Scottish press in no more than a couple of lines slipped into a story brown-nosing Der Hun.

we're gonna get no more than ?2million, trust me.

Its a good thing our club are debt free and don't need the money...... !!

Anyway the poor Smokies I read they got some cash already from it but surely when the finally price shakes down they will get more depending what the sell on percentage was.

edit: In my opinion FIFA should charge the most likely to be paid for the player. 2mill being a bit conservative because im sure someone would have paid 3-4 if he had a long contract and someone wanted him. So Vlads figures seems about right to me. That way if FIFA make sure the price is very good for the selling club and it almost closes the loophole.

Actually laughed when I read 4.5 million for Cahill. This sort of over-pricing of average players cant go on.....

Cahill

Hutton

Cousin

Woodgate (9 million for a defender who is never fit for more than two games running??!!)

Matt Taylor

All going for far far far too much money, im not saying these guys are bad players, just that they're not worth close to there price....

The money english clubs pay is a joke. So many overpriced and overrated players it's not even funny. No wonder their so full of it on the national stage and fail misserably.

Cahill

Hutton

Cousin

Matt Taylor

Darren Bent ?17-18m; Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Archived