Tall Oaks Boys Club colours

Gambo

Anyone tell me what colours the above played in.

Was at a work collegues 40th on Friday night and there were some old photos of him and his brother as kids in 'Hibs strips' (old buckta one).

Now he professes to have been a Hearts fan (armchair/hospitality fan) all his life and claims it was a Tall Oaks top.

Can anyone confirm.

He is banned from my office until i have found out.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Anyone tell me what colours the above played in.

Was at a work collegues 40th on Friday night and there were some old photos of him and his brother as kids in 'Hibs strips' (old buckta one).

Now he professes to have been a Hearts fan (armchair/hospitality fan) all his life and claims it was a Tall Oaks top.

Can anyone confirm.

He is banned from my office until i have found out.

I remember them being Claret and Blue in the late 80s / early 90s - a bit like Aston Villa.

They weren't feckin green :eek:

I played for Craigmount and they wore the Aston Villa colours, i also played for Tall oaks and seem to remember the strip being similar to the Nottingham Forest strip at the time.

As most of the guys that played for Tall Oaks were Jambos none of us would be seen dead in anything remotely green.

PresidentRomanov

My son played for Tall Oaks, their strips were claret and light blue.

They became part of Civil Service Strollers when he played there , and haven't existed as Tall Oaks since.

My son would never wear a feckin green strip :eek:

i used to play for tall oaks when i was younger, george kidd was the man in charge. quality little ground we had. we were guff though. any ex tall oaks boys on the forum?

I played for Tall Oaks c.84/85

Sky Blue tops with a maroon pin stripe, maroon shorts and sky blue socks with maroon trim.

Our manager, a friend's Dad, was from the West and "traditionally" minded. Green would never, ever have been countenanced.

Era Macaroons
I played for Tall Oaks c.84/85

Sky Blue tops with a maroon pin stripe, maroon shorts and sky blue socks with maroon trim.

Our manager, a friend's Dad, was from the West and "traditionally" minded. Green would never, ever have been countenanced.

I forgot we had a B team

Played early 80s, just before we got the new park to ourselves.

I remember whipping Hutchie/Salvy/Tynie/Royston R on a regular basis;)

Highlight was getting presented with a winners medal by Peter Marinello at Saughtons 'special pitch'

The manager was indeed Mr Loyal and his son was always magic.

colours at the time were red V on white top, red shorts. (the Airdrie strip).

PresidentRomanov

They played at the Gyle when my son was there.

Glad to see so mucg revulsion at the idea of the green strips :)

Era Macaroons
They played at the Gyle when my son was there.

Glad to see so mucg revulsion at the idea of the green strips :)

The Gyle was where I played all the time as well.

Great work by Mr Iain McKie (sp) iirc managed to secure the corner area and turn it into a proper home ground for the Tall Oaks.

Era Macaroons
The new park came a couple of seasons after you left EM.

was a great move, wish we had it when I was there....especially when the notorious Gyle wind/horizontal rain was unleashing itself.

Archived