Lochend Vice: Keith Hilson...

S.N.T.H.

Someone fancy giving me the low-down on all this shizzle? I'm slightly confused by the furore over it. What is it? and who's Keith Hilson?

If i'm bein' a silly bassa then i apologise in advance...

Someone fancy giving me the low-down on all this shizzle? I'm slightly confused by the furore over it. What is it? and who's Keith Hilson?

You ever seen 'Back from the Brink'?

If you have not, Get on to E-bay and buy it.

The video:

...and these are the three threads:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2481

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1492&highlight=lochend+vice

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1973&highlight=lochend+vice

Plus the response from supportingbeasttvpresenterssince1875.net:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=107028

Is 'Keith Hilson' famous though, other than this act of jakeballishness..?

Famous for watching the original Miami Vice, thinking "i'm gonna get me some of that", nipping into C & A to shoplift a dodgy jacket, rolling the sleeves up and then going to the derby.

winston churchill
Famous for watching the original Miami Vice, thinking "i'm gonna get me some of that", nipping into C & A to shoplift a dodgy jacket, rolling the sleeves up and then going to the derby.

more a pound-stretcher chav likesay.

He's getting there. First Kickback... then the world.

Nelly Terraces

We've made him famous because of it.

We own Hobo Hilson now. He's ours.:smartass:

Anyone know what he's up to now then?

Maybe...

Keith Hilson used to be a porter at the old Scottish Gas offices on Marine Drive, when I worked there about 10-12 years ago.....used to be a good goalie and got called on to our team in emergencies a few times....that was until,completely out of the blue, he came out, died his hair peroxide blonde and started frequenting CC Blooms...lost touch after that funnily enough.

Anyone know what he's up to now then?

He's a hibby.

Stands to reason that he's up to his baws in back door boogie.

Keith Hilson used to be a porter at the old Scottish Gas offices on Marine Drive, when I worked there about 10-12 years ago.....used to be a good goalie and got called on to our team in emergencies a few times....that was until,completely out of the blue, he came out, died his hair peroxide blonde and started frequenting CC Blooms...lost touch after that funnily enough.

:laugh:

He's a hibby.

Stands to reason that he's up to his baws in back door boogie.

:rofl: Just covered my monitor in tea!

anybody think a conversation similar to this will appear in 20 years time about our pink hoody wearing friend? :confused:

Sammys prob keiths laddie, father like son, out the pink and in the broon

from queereyeforastraightguy.com VILLAGER: "is it just me who thinks that the boys in the photo look as cool as got in the eighties.

i'd wear that gear to a derby nae bother.wtf."

When we used to watch that game on video we always had a titter at the bawsack losing it bigtime while wearing his don johnston over a hibs top.

many fashion faux pas have occured over the years I remember when I worked on the gates at Tiny this bloke regularly turned up in his blue Henry Smith goalie top with dress trousers and shiny slip ons...NICE.

but for me its the hibs top jacket combo thats still so funny.

Sammys prob keiths laddie, father like son, out the pink and in the broon

Some good news! Keith is Sambo's daddy:

04db4164d4.jpg

Last i knew he stayed in Muirhouse place west was married but get this i **** you not.....

Left his wife because he was gay DEADLY SERIOUS. I used to work with a guy at the Western General Hospital who grew up with him played football with him and shunned him when he grew a brain

I fail to see the slightest thing funny about this whole thing.

Why slag someone off for what they wore 20 years ago?

And the irony that some hibby mentioned on the thread you linked us to does, indeed, appear to have been lost amongst some of you.

Drylaw Hearts
Some good news! Keith is Sambo's daddy:

04db4164d4.jpg

Sambo is a nice going boy who likes the banter with the lads and laddies.

I bet you do Sambo.

I bet you do.

And the irony that some hibby mentioned on the thread you linked us to does, indeed, appear to have been lost amongst some of you.

Have to agree.

The whole issue is completely unfunny.

Have to agree.

I don't wish to sound condescending at all mate but the reason why you, Neave and some of the younger lads don't find it even slightly amusing is that you missed it first time round.

When this happened in 1986 everyone in the school playgrounds round Edinburgh was laughing at the complete 'fashion victim' greeting his eyes out at the big bad Jambos.

The boy was a figure of ridicule back then and its return is an amusing 'blast from the past' for those of us in the mid to late 30's age range.

Have to agree.

Thirded.

T-shirts to slag off 1 Hibs fan who appeared at a game over 20 years ago wearing daft clothes? Is that the best folk can come up with to have a dig at Hibs?

I don't wish to sound condescending at all mate but the reason why you, Neave and some of the younger lads don't find it even slightly amusing is that you missed it first time round.

When this happened in 1986 everyone in the school playgrounds round Edinburgh was laughing at the complete 'fashion victim' greeting his eyes out at the big bad Jambos.

The boy was a figure of ridicule back then and its return is an amusing 'blast from the past' for those of us in the mid to late 30's age range.

Agreed.

Seconded! It was a hoot back then and I'm finding it twice as funny now.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'm finding it funny cos me and my mates were all rockin that look back in the 80's

An account card for Smiths Menswear and all the pastels you could fit on your body!

I even had the mullet and streaks (not highlights) before that.

There but for the grace of god etc etc.....

Why slag someone off for what they worse 20 years ago?

- He's a hobo

- Even 22 years ago that look was criminal

- There's a big discrepancy between what he wanted to look like (Don Johnson) and what he ended up looking like (Hobo trumpet)

- It is always funny to see a Hobo going mental after a Hearts goal and, for my money, this is the funniest display of Hobo bufoonery ever.

- Dredging something up from 22 years ago and making Hilson a minor KB celebrity - it makes me chuckle

- Why not have a bit of fun linking it to their Scottish Cup failure.

To me, and obviously a few other people, that photo of Hilson sums up everything I dislike about Hibs. Most people I knowe who've watched 'Back from the Brink' or 'Hearts: The celebration' have almost worn their videos out rewinding to laugh at this tool.

As for the irony picked up on by Hibs fans (and yourself), I suggest you check the definition:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

I certainly remember this chap as I (and a few mates) ended up sitting in the Hibs end that day as we came back from holiday and the Hearts end at Easter Road was sold out so we got tickets for the shed end. He was sitting just down from us to the left of the goals. After the third goal went in and their end started thinning out, I started to recognise fellow Jambos in the seats as well. Trying not to smile too broadly of course.

I also remember being held back at the Albion Bar by the police as the Hearts fans were allowed to leave first. One of the hardest things I have stood through was to not join in the Hearts song as 000s of Hearts fans danced along the road whilst all you could hear from the Hibs fans I was standing with was the grinding of their teeth as "Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts" echoed along the road.

I wouldn't recommend sitting in the wrong end at a derby especially when you score three as it's quite difficult to sit there and pretend to be beeling when inside you want to jump up and celebrate. I have to salso ay that the Dunbar end looked absolutely amazing from where we were sitting as it was full. Couldn't hear much though as the end wasn't covered. Overall a 9/10 day. Would've been 10/10 if I'd been in the right end.

Bunch of miserable feckers eh?

:biggrin:

You're about ages with me mate, do you remember laughing at this clown the first time round ?

I was at Tynie High at the time and Hilson was a fecking legend to us.

:biggrin:

You're about ages with me mate, do you remember laughing at this clown the first time round ?

I was at Tynie High at the time and Hilson was a fecking legend to us.

Yip. If I remember it was replayed on the BBC or STV.

Perfect positioning by the Herats players for their celebration. Got the guy right slap bang where he needed to be.

Me & my dad used to absolutely pi$h ourselves watching it over and over on back from the brink.

What a tosser.

Bttt for Neave and Cosa.

Apologies guys, too young to remember that.

He does look like a complete chump, i'll give you that at least.

Possibly the only time a Hibee has worn a suit out of the courtroom!

they truly are a waste of hot jizz!

Sambo is a nice going boy who likes the banter with the lads and laddies.

I bet you do Sambo.

I bet you do.

Sambo that is like me being called Sibbie!!

Sambo likes the banter with the boys - :P

Me & my dad used to absolutely pi$h ourselves watching it over and over on back from the brink.

Me too :biggrin:

THAT's what makes it funny.

Me too :biggrin:

THAT's what makes it funny.

If you can't laugh at Hilson you should check your pulse.

GMAN (Also a Tynecastle FP - always easy to laugh at the 3 clowns who chose to be Hobos at that school)

Agreed. Lots of guys dressed up like this guy, it was the fashion of the day, except all my mates had Hearts strips under their jackets.

As for the irony picked up on by Hibs fans (and yourself), I suggest you check the definition:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

I need no definition of irony, thanks very much. The fact that you're producing naff, daft-looking clothes to slag off someone wearing naff, daft-looking clothes is ironic in that it's contradictory.

After reading this thread, I didn't realise he was a cult figure in the 80s; I was only born in '88. The whole thing seems a tad funnier and more adequate now, but it's still a poor shout, IMO.

Agreed Cat, but im afraid today`s "modern" sense of humour just isn`t the same as the past.

Some of the young un`s just dont "get it".

Archived