To boycott, or not to boycott

djf

Will you allow Romanov until Summer to appoint a proven manager  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you allow Romanov until Summer to appoint a proven manager

• Yes
    • No

With three days remaining to the close of the January transfer window it now appears evident that we will not be employing an experienced, full time manager until Summer at the earliest.

Most likely Frail will get the role on a temp basis.

Before the first of Jan and the press statement a significant number of forum posters were considering the possibility of boycotting games or other forms of appeal to make our grievances known to Romanov. Most were willing to give him until the end of Jan to make ammends once they read the statement.

It seems that Romanov has at least taken heed of our concerns in that he is allowing Frail full control over team selection and consistency.

Is that enough for you to rethinks plans for boycotts? If you did indeed have any in the first place? Or will you consider it another "promise" broken.

Thoughts please.

Whilst Stevie Frail is doing the business, and on current evidence he seems to be, then we owe it to him to give him our full support. In the longer term though, we are still to be convinced.

Boycott at the present time? Not IMO.

the voice from above

read it wrong and voted no... i think frail should be left to it until we have the right man.

frail won't be allowed to manage until the summer unless we get special dispensation from the spl

we'll be forced to get someone in before then

Are you being serious???? Geeeeeeeeeez!:eek::buttkick:

With three days remaining to the close of the January transfer window it now appears evident that we will not be employing an experienced, full time manager until Summer at the earliest.

Most likely Frail will get the role on a temp basis.

Before the first of Jan and the press statement a significant number of forum posters were considering the possibility of boycotting games or other forms of appeal to make our grievances known to Romanov. Most were willing to give him until the end of Jan to make ammends once they read the statement.

It seems that Romanov has at least taken heed of our concerns in that he is allowing Frail full control over team selection and consistency.

Is that enough for you to rethinks plans for boycotts? If you did indeed have any in the first place? Or will you consider it another "promise" broken.

Thoughts please.

I voted yes, though haven't entirely given up hope yet. Romanov tends to keep things quiet and then spring a last minute surprise on us 2 minutes before the window closes.

portobellojambo1

I do not think Frail is the right man for the job, nor do I believe this is something we should leave until the last minute, i.e. the end of the season.

We need to get a manager in as soon as possible to give him the time between now and the summer to decide who stays, and who goes, he can then spend the Summer looking for new players, rather than making quick decisions on those to keep and those to release.

Will I boycott meantime, no thank you.

Cardiac Rucksack

It will be closer to the summer prob March time before we get the man we want. IMHO

Are you being serious???? Geeeeeeeeeez!:eek::buttkick:

Yes it was a big joke.

Then to throw people off I disguised it as a coherent, relevent stream of statements.

Rudolf's Mate

I've voted yes however am I not right in thinking that the appointing a new manager is not governed by the same rules as signing players. If this is correct then we can get a manager in a few weeks or even a few months. You know already who is good and available out there. If you don't get them then yes wait till the summer!

For the record I am giving Romanov until the opening game of next season.

Admitting he made a mistake was new for him.

We must have a quality manager picking the team by that point however or it will all be for nothing.

Frail is not the answer.

If nothing has changed by then I may be tempted to join in with the kicking of hats.

I do not think Frail is the right man for the job, nor do I believe this is something we should leave until the last minute, i.e. the end of the season.

We need to get a manager in as soon as possible to give him the time between now and the summer to decide who stays, and who goes, he can then spend the Summer looking for new players, rather than making quick decisions on those to keep and those to release.

Will I boycott meantime, no thank you.

:dito: I agree with you PJ1. We definitely need a manager in, who will have enough time to access the current situation, get rid of the mince and search for quality replacements so that next season doesn't become a write-off like this one has.

Nucky Thompson

Vlad has now seen the light and realizes that he fecked things up, it would be stupid to start putting unreasonable time limits on this. Why does a new manager have to tie in with the January transfer window anyway? He could come in any time between now and the end of the season.

why do we need to appoint a manager before the end of the transfer window? Romanov might be waiting till a time when he believes he has found the right man whether that is tomorrow or in 3 weeks!

Vlad has now seen the light and realizes that he fecked things up, it would be stupid to start putting unreasonable time limits on this. Why does a new manager have to tie in with the January transfer window anyway? He could come in any time between now and the end of the season.

great minds eh?

I've got a sneaky feeling that we have the right man in place already in Mr Frail. He is going to show us what he is made of between now and the end of the season then win a full-time contract as Hearts next manager.

Well done. Many congratulations for raising the old, old chestnut again and receiving such coherent responses, excluding mine, of course. Forgive me if I don't share your enthusiasm for such self-indulgent and pointless actions and refrain from joining in!! You're like a dug wi a bone!!:banghead2:

Yes it was a big joke.

Then to throw people off I disguised it as a coherent, relevent stream of statements.

I largely agree with PJ1 - we need to get someone as soon as possible.

I don't even care if they don't take charge until the summer, as long as they are named and in place, prepping themselves and the scouting networks to hit the ground running in June.

This season's pretty much a write off, but we need to see evidence now that a decent change is coming.

As for the boycott, not really for me to say as I live down south - but I'll be honest and say it's no longer a given that I'll go watch a televised game if it's on in the pub. Most of the time I will, but if I've got a better option I'll take it (barring big games).

Not so much a boycott, more just a sense of general malaise with the whole shebang.

Drylaw Hearts
For the record I am giving Romanov until the opening game of next season.

Admitting he made a mistake was new for him.

We must have a quality manager picking the team by that point however or it will all be for nothing.

Frail is not the answer.

If nothing has changed by then I may be tempted to join in with the kicking of hats.

Is that not cutting it a little fine ?

A new Manager has to be employed between now and the end of the Season - at the very latest !!

There is too much work to do, to leave it for another 7 months.

"Will you allow" - I think you credit us with a little more power than is actually the case.

This season is almost over for us. We will not be relegated but we will not qualify for Europe. If the January 1st statement is genuine then I don't care when the appointment is made, so long as the new manager is in place for pre-season training and is appropriately qualified.

If this doesn't happen season tickets will not be renewed and Tynecastle will echo to the sounds of 9000 hardy fans.

Well done. Many congratulations for raising the old, old chestnut again and receiving such coherent responses, excluding mine, of course. Forgive me if I don't share your enthusiasm for such self-indulgent and pointless actions and refrain from joining in!! You're like a dug wi a bone!!:banghead2:

I don't think you have the slightest idea about my stance on Romanov and his involvement so please don't pretend like you do.

When the statement was made on 01/01 many people posted that they were giving Romanov till the end of Jan to make amends before they would consider further action. I'm trying to gauge if his restriction on team selection issues will be enough to avoid that.

All in all, if you don't like a thread. Hit back.

It seems the majority of opinions on this forum are gradually adjusting.

Seems Romanov should be congratulated on the early positive steps that have started to win fans back on his side and to keep going in that direction.

I'm not so worried about the manager situation at the present time. Frail seems to be making progress. Beating Hibs and Aberdeen has given him more time in charge for me.

It's the lack of new signings im worried about. There's only 3 days to go untill the transfer deadline and theres not even a mention of who we're looking to sign IF anyone.

The Team needs a couple of new faces (good quality faces). I think most people would agree with that.

joshmorris1874

No point in a boycott.

I am willing to wait till summer because lets face it, this season is over already!

I'm not so worried about the manager situation at the present time. Frail seems to be making progress. Beating Hibs and Aberdeen has given him more time in charge for me.

It's the lack of new signings im worried about. There's only 3 days to go untill the transfer deadline and theres not even a mention of who we're looking to sign IF anyone.

The Team needs a couple of new faces (good quality faces). I think most people would agree with that.

You are right. We need players brought in, However I can't take VR seriously when we have Screpis and Hleb seemingly on our books, but nowhere near the team. VR is a master of dangling the carrot and as can be seen here there are too many willing to bite. We will NOT see players OR manager soon and until we do I will take everything with a pinch of salt. I will however continue to go to games, but as I have said before, until the new stand is in place and more capacity for income is generated, improvments in the team will be few and far between.

What?

Wait till season ticket money is raked in then appoint Rix II?

Unbelieveable

I think this is more to the point...

Now that we seem to have (ahem) "progressed" by winning 2 league games in a row ... and a likely 3rd coming up this weekend, I'll admit I don't have the personal appetite for boycott in the short term - in fact it's not my personal preference for protest in any case.

But if he's still humming and hawing come May ... and manager rumours are put about to drum up season ticket sales, then I'd consider it an insult to our collective intelligence that he would try to sell us that particular pup again. Sales wouldn't reach the levels of last year thats for sure.

how do you know VR has seen the light?

Martin Luther

and come the summer we'll have the same poll asking we will give it till january before we boycott. is there another support who would sit back and do nothing as a club is ruined?

It hasn't occured to you that we don't need to appoint a manager within the transfer window as this doesn't apply to staff appointments?

No, didn't think so.

The sooner we get a confirmed manager in place, the better. That way, the rest of the season can be treated as a long pre-season exercise for 08/09 - it worked for der hun last year.

I've got a sneaky feeling that we have the right man in place already in Mr Frail. He is going to show us what he is made of between now and the end of the season then win a full-time contract as Hearts next manager.

You are such a wind-up merchant.

The summer is yet another smokescreen. Hes had since Burley was emptied to appoint a proper manager. The evidence is right in front of us and yet we say we will give him time. Beggars belief. :sad:

I think that VR should take his time in appointing a new manager and find the right man.

It's what i've been saying all along. Would much rather wait and make sure we get the right guy.

Martin Luther
It hasn't occured to you that we don't need to appoint a manager within the transfer window as this doesn't apply to staff appointments?

No, didn't think so.

you didnt think very hard obviously.

the window applies to the players that any new manager would wish to bring in. or didnt you think about that, unless you are happy with what we have already.

I'm waiting to see if Vlad really has changed his spots. Given the strength in our squad, almost anybody could do a better job than Vlad did as manager. Improved discipline, stable selection, and selecting players on merit will go a long way to improving our situation.

I like Frail, but would like to see a manager of Burley's caliber installed. It will need a period of non-interference from Vlad before any decent manager will consider us.

This looks like a real goer then....hahahahaha!

:bootyshake:

All along ive said a boycott was a waste of time,and sure enough time has proved me right:p

It seems the majority of opinions on this forum are gradually adjusting.

Seems Romanov should be congratulated on the early positive steps that have started to win fans back on his side and to keep going in that direction.

If Romanov is to be congratulated for anything it's for yet again conning the fans.

I have no doubt Romanov is still involved in picking the team and SF is the yes man he's always appeared to be, having been given permission by his boss to look at least a tiny bit independent.

Chad Sexington

All along ive said a boycott was a waste of time,and sure enough time has proved me right:p

Don't bet on it.

If we get beat tomorrow night, the usual hysterics will be out in force.

Lets be honest here. The crowd size says all there is to say. For 30 odd games Tynecastle was a sell out, this has not been the case for a long time. Home crowds ARE DOWN by about 4.5 to 5 thousand for each game. This means that the Hearts are only selling 500 or so tix for cat B games. My boycot as a season ticket holder will only hurt me and the kids and will therefor not happen..

NOT RENEWING FOR NEXT SEASON ALONG WITH 13,500 OTHERS MIGHT JUST SEND A SIGNAL.

BEING A JAMBO IS NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS.

Guest JamboRobbo

The reason people were upset was cause we could all see we needed to appoint a manager, and let him manage.

You denied this till the very end.

Even Vlad finally saw sense at least and admitted he's been wrong for the past 2 years.

you didnt think very hard obviously.

the window applies to the players that any new manager would wish to bring in. or didnt you think about that, unless you are happy with what we have already.

Why is that then?

The window would only apply to players that we would sign for a fee. Seeing as VR has a penchant for signing freebies via Kaunas this wouldn't apply.

Another point is that VR didn't think we needed a manager in place. Hence the absurd length of time we have been fumbling along with the farcical situation with Frail, Korobochka...

I'm fully aware of the regulations of the transfer window ML. Thanks for your obvious interest in my thinking.

Why is that then?

The window would only apply to players that we would sign for a fee. Seeing as VR has a penchant for signing freebies via Kaunas this wouldn't apply.

Fee isn't anything to do with it, is it?

Players actually have to be completely without a club to sign outwith the transfer window, not just free transfers or on loan.

The fact that fans dont want to boycott despite the awful mess we are in just shows how apathetic we are, you should not be pleased at this, one of the worst comments on JKB for a while, unless you are only 12 yearls old and dont know better

I have a sneaky feeling you don't have a clue!!

SF doesn't have the coaching badges/Qualifications to be the Full-Time Manager!! :confused:

As for boycotting, What's the point, MadVlad already has the Season ticket money...He couldn't give a Fek about the Support!!

Archived