Bring back Bednar!

Monsieur Maroon

Feck him, he doesnt want to play for hearts, not the sort we need at our club, im prety sure he took the p1$$ during his time at tynie after burley left, always out injured and never looked interested.

that link doesnt appear to be working for me. got another one?

Bednar will never come back, and even if he did its very unlikely he'd apply himself in the way he clearly is just now. much rather have some who gives a **** tbh.

Frailanov: "Hey Roman, we're bringing you back for another spell in the SPL against the likes of St.Mirren, Falkirk and Gretna. Good news eh !"

Bednar: "You're ****ing joking mate. I'll be playing against Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool in 6 months. So you can ****ing RAM IT !" (Bednar starts laughing and the line goes dead...)

Frailanov: "Roman, you still there ? Hello ? You can eat as many pies as you want if you come back. Hello ? Roman ????...."

No danger Bednar will be back. Its a shame but he will never be back. If he does play for us again Ill eat my shorts. :P

he aint coming back, another who doesn't get on with Vlad, nothing to do with ability, except he played pesh when vlad started to muck him about, or was it after he signed a contract.

either way we've seen the last of him.

lets get some moolah for him & thank him for good memories. :mad:

Thing is, if this "agreed fee" thing isn't as cut and dry as we think, we might well see him back at Tynie to do a Makela for the remainder of his contract. Yes, Romanov IS that twisted, as we know.

he aint coming back, another who doesn't get on with Vlad, nothing to do with ability, except he played pesh when vlad started to muck him about, or was it after he signed a contract.

or was it after Vlad lamped him in front of video cameras, then put it on the pre-season DVD?

Erse of a man.

Vlad_Knows_Best

Why? He clearly does not want to play for us and has stated so. Hell he did not want to play for us when he was here in the latter stages before he left.

The quicker we get some good dosh for him the better.

Why? He clearly does not want to play for us and has stated so. Hell he did not want to play for us when he was here in the latter stages before he left.

The quicker we get some good dosh for him the better.

That must be a new low in list of reasons to dislike Vlad...

he aint coming back

very very sad , was and still should have been a fans favourite .......oh the politics of football!!!!!!

or was it after Vlad lamped him in front of video cameras, then put it on the pre-season DVD?

Erse of a man.

I've heard about this loads but have never seen it!

Was hoping that he might come back if there was a decent manager appointed. Ah well.

If I were Bednar, though, I wouldn't be laughing. He is still under contract to Hearts, and he knows that VR will drag him back, refuse to play him and wreck his career if he thinks Bednar is messing him around. Webster could tell him as much.

Unless a fee was already agreed - and given the fees that VR has been able to get for departing players prior to now, I would hope any such fee would be generous.

Of course, I posted similar sentiments about Webster in the past. Perhaps Bednar's found another obscure FIFA clause to invoke (incorrectly)?

He is obviously playing very well for WBA and is getting round the pitch but I don't know about you but he looks a good half a stone over-weight.

In fact he could probably give Nade a run for his money in the "pie eating contests" going by his man boobs.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I hope we never see Bednar in a Hearts strip again. His attitude now, and when he was with us utterly stinks. The kind of guy that turns it on when theres a contract to win. I'm sorry he appears to have wasted 3 years of his life at Hearts. Obviously he was hitting the heights at erm eh who was at before?

Numerous Hearts players have learned to live with the unique situation they find themselves in. I am far from defending Romanov who has increasingly taken the **** out of both us and the players in his time. But Bednar is the only one who seems to have taken it personally. If he doesnt want to return to Hearts then fine. But perhaps he should have kept his mouth shut that wee bit longer considering West Brom only have him on loan and DO NOT have a first option to buy him. Judging by the amount of goals e has scored there is every chance they will sign him but if they dont, he better hope someone else snaps him up pronto

I hope we never see Bednar in a Hearts strip again. His attitude now, and when he was with us utterly stinks. The kind of guy that turns it on when theres a contract to win. I'm sorry he appears to have wasted 3 years of his life at Hearts. Obviously he was hitting the heights at erm eh who was at before?

Numerous Hearts players have learned to live with the unique situation they find themselves in. I am far from defending Romanov who has increasingly taken the **** out of both us and the players in his time. But Bednar is the only one who seems to have taken it personally. If he doesnt want to return to Hearts then fine. But perhaps he should have kept his mouth shut that wee bit longer considering West Brom only have him on loan and DO NOT have a first option to buy him. Judging by the amount of goals e has scored there is every chance they will sign him but if they dont, he better hope someone else snaps him up pronto

I think we should start making noises about bringing him back, put a bit of pressure on WBA and his agent to get a deal sorted out. This might inflate his fee a bit and get the deal done in this window.

As we know he is injury prone and fitness levels are inconsistant, so get it sorted for our benefit before it hits the fan

FAO Jamie1874. Your mum says your spelling is improving ;)

sorry inconsistent - away back to marking the homework

Bednar had plenty of chances at Hearts but his goals return was pretty poor. If we can get a decent transfer fee for him I've no problems with us selling him.

Bednar is never a premiership player but then again is Cousin either?

That might come back to haunt you. If anyone from hearts in the past few years is potentially premiership class it's Gordon and Bednar.

Guest JamboRobbo
Bednar is never a premiership player but then again is Cousin either?

I reckon you will be proven wrong on that PTBCAL. Has all the qualilties needed IMO.

Time will tell. ;)

Guest JamboRobbo

Thats the size of it.

Whether it was the contract, or the ****ing about by Vlad, time will tell.

I reckon it was the former though.

Feck him, he doesnt want to play for hearts, not the sort we need at our club, im prety sure he took the p1$$ during his time at tynie after burley left, always out injured and never looked interested.

Bednar was a quality player at Hearts and is proving it at WBA. Burley (who is still held in esteem by many Hearts supporters) said he was the best young player he had ever worked worked with.

He was electric for Hearts until Big Marv whacked him. Hearts then rushed him back before he was fit and that set him back months.

He came back into the team and showed flashes of his ability with opportunistic goals against the likes of Celtic.

From there it all went down hill, no manager, fisticuffs with Vlad, etc, and Bednar wanted out of the mad house - and who could blame him!

Bednar IS the type of player would need at Hearts - the failure lies with the management who totally demotivate players.

Surely to goodness a striker that has a, say, 20 goal season in the Championship will have suitors at around ?3m?

Whatever we think of him, there is potentially a juicy transfer fee for Vlad to trouser, especially if WBA get to the EPL

Guest JamboRobbo
Surely to goodness a striker that has a, say, 20 goal season in the Championship will have suitors at around ?3m?

Whatever we think of him, there is potentially a juicy transfer fee for Vlad to trouser, especially if WBA get to the EPL

Time will tell. According to monkey heid a while back, the fee is agreed.

Bednar was a quality player at Hearts and is proving it at WBA. Burley (who is still held in esteem by many Hearts supporters) said he was the best young player he had ever worked worked with.

He was electric for Hearts until Big Marv whacked him. Hearts then rushed him back before he was fit and that set him back months.

He came back into the team and showed flashes of his ability with opportunistic goals against the likes of Celtic.

From there it all went down hill, no manager, fisticuffs with Vlad, etc, and Bednar wanted out of the mad house - and who could blame him!

Bednar IS the type of player would need at Hearts - the failure lies with the management who totally demotivate players.

Spot on lambojambo.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm pretty much sure the fee has already been agreed at around half a million mate, at the time it was agreed Roman as over weight, very unfit, and couldnt hit a coos erse with a banjo so it seemed like a decent piece of business.

Makes you wonder what the hell we're doing wrong.

Time will tell. According to monkey heid a while back, the fee is agreed.

There's a way around that though isnt there.

Presumably the contract will allow Hearts to recall Roman at the end of the loan?

So, Hearts recall him at the end of the season. The loan agreement with WBA goes out the window. Roman has pre-season with us - then clubs bid for him.

Hearts cant be bound in all time coming to sell Roman to WBA. There must be the option to recall him, and at that time we can do what we want.

Vlad wont hesitate to have Roman in the stands even until next Jan in order that he maximises a financial return

like someone said above - 2 players in the Hearts squad who looked class and could go onto big things were Gordon and Bednar.

can understand why he spat the dummy, but i suppose that one out of the cast of thousands (2 if you count Webster) is to be expected.

he has a real good chance of playing in the Prem now, so no wonder he is doing his best to leave.

his last outings for us were not great, but would happily see him back though if he has sorted out his attitude.

Dunk-Section G

Good player, but never really showed it on a consistent basis.

Quite happy for him to go for a decent fee.

Frees up some more squad space and wages.

Guest JamboRobbo

So, Hearts recall him at the end of the season. The loan agreement with WBA goes out the window. Roman has pre-season with us - then clubs bid for him.

Hearts cant be bound in all time coming to sell Roman to WBA. There must be the option to recall him, and at that time we can do what we want.

Well, I know with Rudi, we had him on loan, with an option to buy at an agreed price. Come end of the season, we took up the option to buy at the agreed price, and promptly sold him for 1M profit. The selling team couldn't have had the option to recall him, otherwise what is the point of an agreed price? If they can just recall him if they like, effectively there is no agreed price.

As far as I'm aware, WBA have the same option with Bednar. Of course they'll probably have to get Roman to agree to sign the contract. Unless they wanna tell him he has no choice, as it seemed Vlad did with Rudi...

Well, I know with Rudi, we had him on loan, with an option to buy at an agreed price. Come end of the season, we took up the option to buy at the agreed price, and promptly sold him for 1M profit. The selling team couldn't have had the option to recall him, otherwise what is the point of an agreed price? If they can just recall him if they like, effectively there is no agreed price.

As far as I'm aware, WBA have the same option with Bednar. Of course they'll probably have to get Roman to agree to sign the contract. Unless they wanna tell him he has no choice, as it seemed Vlad did with Rudi...

Fair enough

But when we bought Rudi from Marseille we werent dealing with a nutter owner.

When Vlads involved the rules are there are no rules

Drylaw Hearts
There's a way around that though isnt there.

Presumably the contract will allow Hearts to recall Roman at the end of the loan?

Vlad wont hesitate to have Roman in the stands even until next Jan in order that he maximises a financial return

It may be a deal that resembles the Skacel one.

As much as i think Roman is a cracking prospect (he's proving that just now).

I wouldn't want him back now.. he doesn't want to be here, the phantom injuries would start again then the pies start going missing!!! :P

We would be back to square 1 with him.

It's time to let him go.

ALL THE BEST MATE

Guest JamboRobbo
Fair enough

But when we bought Rudi from Marseille we werent dealing with a nutter owner.

When Vlads involved the rules are there are no rules

A very good point mate. :)

If Bednar could continue his current form whilst returning to Hearts I'd obviously have him back in a second.

I don't think anyone honestly believes that's going to happen though.

His form may well continue - he may even get better - but it's not going to happen here.

So let's get as much as we can for him, and wish him the best of luck.

"He's one of the best finishers I've seen throughout my career and I've played with some top players so all credit to him. "He's done exceptionally well" : Says Phillips, a one-time winner of the Golden Boot awarded to Europe's top scorer.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/tm_method=full&objectid=20403210&siteid=97319-name_page.html

Could not have stated it any better than you have .

Thats the size of it.

Whether it was the contract, or the ****ing about by Vlad, time will tell.

I reckon it was the former though.

Being under a decent coach (much as I hate to say it of Monkeyheid) helps too.

A mate in Birmingham reckons Bednar was told when he arrived to lose weight and get fit or he'd never get a game for WBA.

Someone should tell Nade to do the same, but when the players are calling the boss by a nickname that's never likely to happen.

Archived