Pay Pal Account Hacked - JKB Subscribers Beware

Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

I set up a Pay Pal account in order to pay my JKB subscription. I haven't used it for any other purpose.

Over the weekend my account was somehow accessed & fraudulent transactions were attempted. These have since been refunded to my credit card.

My concern is that I use a secure environment to access the internet & have not used pay pal on any other occassions.

I felt it was worth posting in case there was any possibility of a link to JKB. I've emailed the JKB admin team first thing this morning to get their views but haven't recieved a response yet. In the meantime I would suggest you check your accounts (credit card & Pay Pal) to ensure anything fraudulent is picked up quickly.

By The Light..

what is your paypal password, was it the same as JKB?

Like if it was something that could be guessed then I can see how or if you've entered it into a phishing site pretending to be paypal.

But JKB would only know your email address not your paypal pwd

Jack Torrance
what is your paypal password, was it the same as JKB?

Like if it was something that could be guessed then I can see how or if you've entered it into a phishing site pretending to be paypal.

But JKB would only know your email address not your paypal pwd

Yeah that's what I thought but I don't believe there's any way of guessing my pwd. Also I work in a job that focuses on this type of fraud so there's more chance of an international Hibs Keeper before 2020 than there is for me to reply to a phishing email or site.

I don't know how JKB could be linked to this case either but it seemed strange that the JKB transaction was the only one I've ever carried out on Pay Pal & I did it from a very secure work PC.

Thought it was worth mentioning, just in case.

Yeah that's what I thought but I don't believe there's any way of guessing my pwd. Also I work in a job that focuses on this type of fraud so there's more chance of an international Hibs Keeper before 2020 than there is for me to reply to a phishing email or site.

I don't know how JKB could be linked to this case either but it seemed strange that the JKB transaction was the only one I've ever carried out on Pay Pal & I did it from a very secure work PC.

Hi BJ,

listen mate I work for Paypal and I can get this whole sorry mess sorted out for you and find out exactly what happened. Just PM me your PayPal username and password and I'll (ahem) take it from there.

DB

peebles jambo
Hi BJ,

listen mate I work for Paypal and I can get this whole sorry mess sorted out for you and find out exactly what happened. Just PM me your PayPal username and password and I'll (ahem) take it from there.

DB

i got an e-mail from pay-pal the other day saying my kb account was closed, do you have any knowledge of why they would send these e-mails out

i got an e-mail from pay-pal the other day saying my kb account was closed, do you have any knowledge of why they would send these e-mails out

I think DB should have used an appropriate smiley for your benefit!

Walter Payton

:dontgetit::lightbulb:

Walter Payton

I thought we used to have one for something going over somebodys head but I couldn't find it!

Just send me your Paypal login and pasword details mate and I'll check it out with head office.

Same thing applies to anyone else who wants their Paypal account checked out.

If you don't hear anything from me within 14 working days ... then that means you've got a clean bill of health.

:):):):):):):):):):)

No chance WTJ ! I only need to hook one :laugh:

A collague at work had his account hacked a few weeks ago. Some folks in Germany sending shiny new Tvs to Sweden.

He tried to reset his password but the smart arses were intercepting the emails with new password details and continuing to order goods. :eek:

Dont worry about it mate,i had a pm waiting for me when i signed on the other day,all it is is that jkb used to have a rolling subscription so when your year was up they just took another fiver off your account,now you have to give them permission to do it so that is why you got a subscription cancelled message.

I was told i would get this message also,unless i've been shafted also but it seemed above board and was from the administrator.

Vlad_Knows_Best

What it is PJ is that before when you signed up your paypal account your subscription was renewed on an annual basis. This has been cancelled as it is now up to you to renew your subscription annually, you will receive an email telling you when it is up for renewal.

Hope this helps.

Billy Bigtime

I had my Pay Pal account hacked once, some dude in the midlands bought two motor scooters with it! Pay Pal took the money from my account twice, leaving me two and a half grand out of pocket. It then took them two months to give me the money back. Don't go near pay pal they are a bunch of thieving crooks who steal millions world wide and hang on to it for months. I closed my account with them and wouldn't go near them with a hundred foot barge pole!

Guest GhostHunter

As if 1700 - no email rec'd, nor a response to the PM for details ?

Would love to help you out, but we can't unless you give us information !

Guest GhostHunter

As far as I know - "old" subscriptions with the old company have been cancelled. (In paypal). You would have rec'd an email stating subscription cancelled - but also, a PM from Administrator telling you that your subscription (status - not payment) had been transferred over to this board.

ie. if you had 3 months left over there - you will have 3 months left here, but without the actual Paypal subscription sitting in the background ready to fire off in 3months time. Once the 3 months is over - you'll recieve a PM from administrator advising you that your current sub is due to expire, and asking if you'd like to renew by making a oneoff payment (of ?5) via the Paypal method. Note the "One Off" payment - it's not a recurring subscription.

Thanks

Webmaster

Archived