Ian Jardine

Munch

About 18 months ago. Met him at Dundonald GC (sister course of Loch Lomond), he was employed there.

He said he used to own a few pubs etc, but sold about and was working at Dundonald as a sort of meeter and greeter type thing.

Really nice guy.

He was the caddymaster at Loch Lomond golf club when I played it a couple of years ago, so the above sounds bang on the money!!

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Was a really underrated member of that squad IMHO. Versatile midfielder that played well in several positions. Everyone remembers people live Robbo, JC, Henry Smith and Gary MacKay but your Ian Jardines and Cowies, Blacks and Berrys were the nuts and bolts of that team that made it tick

Was a really underrated member of that squad IMHO. Versatile midfielder that played well in several positions. Everyone remembers people live Robbo, JC, Henry Smith and Gary MacKay but your Ian Jardines and Cowies, Blacks and Berrys were the nuts and bolts of that team that made it tick

Do you remember the game against the sheep at Tynie when the sheep got a penalty because the ball hit his shoulder in the box.

Never a pen in a million years, JC Scored the equalizer with about 5 to go, the shed went nuts.

Still it was never a pen, Jardine was a class player.:bravo:

He was assistant manager at Kilwinning Rangers a couple of years ago when they got to the semi finals of the junior cup...not there now though...

King of the North

I remember being at a game when he blasted the ball into the pie stand level with the halfway line.

He had some shot on him...

gorgie rd eh11
Do you remember the game against the sheep at Tynie when the sheep got a penalty because the ball hit his shoulder in the box.

Never a pen in a million years, JC Scored the equalizer with about 5 to go, the shed went nuts.

Still it was never a pen, Jardine was a class player.:bravo:

I remember him scoring against the h*bs twice in 86. On new years day at Tynecastle, and later in the year down there. A couple of easy 3-1 wins. Just the norm against h*bs in those great days.

One of my favorite players from the 86 team, any one know what he does now ?

Can't remember what he's doing, but I had invited him along for the inaugral West of Scotland Hearts Supporters Club dance in March 2007 at Rugby Park. I was so pleased to see him as, he too, was one of my favourite players. Still looks the same and an absolute gentleman as both himself and Gary MacKay mixed with the supporters, young and old.

rudeskaboyuk

A very good player for us for 3 seasons i think. I am sure he was the guy who scored the goal at the gorgie road end against Dundee in a 1-1 draw Oct 1985 that was the start of our run to the top of the league.. We all know the rest !

Off to check London Hearts now .

Auld Reekin'

You're right: he is a relatively unsung hero of that era, and of the other "nuts and bolts" (and I wouldn't call Chuck Berry "a nut" to his face! :eek::) ), only Kenny Black came anyhere near Ian Jardine's level of skill. A great passer of the ball who, to my mind, was probably the most important player in making that midfield tick. Scored a few cracking goals as well, as has been mentioned on the thread.

Hope he's doing well for himself and that he still has happy memories of his time at Tynecastle.

Can't remember what he's doing, but I had invited him along for the inaugral West of Scotland Hearts Supporters Club dance in March 2007 at Rugby Park. I was so pleased to see him as, he too, was one of my favourite players. Still looks the same and an absolute gentleman as both himself and Gary MacKay mixed with the supporters, young and old.

Thats good too hear if he was around now he would have Barry Basketball the Crab in his pocket.

It was never a pen though, the Mafia were at it even back then, probably worse with the St midden fiasco, who beat dundee unt 3 nil away from home the week before they rolled over to Celtic.

Jardine owned a pub in Irvine called the Harbour Lights. He is currently the Caddie Master at Dundonald, my brother and some mates caddie there in the summer. They claim him to be a legend and say he comes out with some of the best lines ever. None of them being Jambos, they had no idea he played for Hearts, more interested that he was at Kilwinning Rangers. I think he is a pretty good golfer also, plays off about 1 or 2 at Irvine Bogside.

Archived