Whats your Favourite Radio Station?

Leebo

Whats you Favourite Radio Station?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Whats you Favourite Radio Station?

• Radio 1
    • Forth One
    • Real Radio
    • Other - Please State

Nelly Terraces

Note to all Radio 2 lovers. Yep it's superb, and I listen regularly (espesh on a Sat morning from 8 - 10, eh Boris?:653:), but you're missing out on BBC Radio 6 and it's utter brilliance. Brush yer gnashers in the morning to the Sex Pistols & The Smiths, take yer lunch with Stereolab & M.I.A and sit doon to yer dinner wi The Move & Super Furry Animals. It's that kind of station, the Beeb at it's eclectic best.

It's basically any real music lovers wet dream. Honestly, get on there at 10 tonight and behold the wonder that is Gideon Coe, he is superb, you to can enjoy the passtime that is Duffing (perfect for old gits like me!).

You won't be dissapointed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/gideon_coe/

So, in short, it's Radio 2 and Radio 6 all the way for me kiddies. XFM? Yer havin a laugh.

NT. Popscene - I'm alright.:smartass:

Note to all Radio 2 lovers. Yep it's superb, and I listen regularly (espesh on a Sat morning from 8 - 10, eh Boris?:653:)

You know it makes sense Nelly.

Radio 6 will be getting listen to at work tomorrow on that recommendation.

Mark Lemarr's Alternative Sixties on R2 is also worth a listen.

Nelly Terraces
You know it makes sense Nelly.

Radio 6 will be getting listen to at work tomorrow on that recommendation.

Mark Lemarr's Alternative Sixties on R2 is also worth a listen.

Agree there my 60's loving friend. Absolute highest quality programming.

Get onto Radio 6 now, Gideon Coe's on. Blokes superb, though, and this is true, I still miss Peely*, life's never been the same without him. Radio 6 is good during the day, but it's in the evening it really comes into it's own, with Steve Lamacq then Tom Robinson or Mark Riley and the man Gideon.

Ahh, so much music, so little time.

NT

*RIP Peely. Sadly missed.:sad:

I like Real Radio until 6pm, and then Talk107 from 7pm onward.

What do you do between 6 & 7 ?

Listen to linda naggi.. sorry, spending quality time ?

Or using the 10 rules perhaps LOL.

I have started to listen to Kingdom FM while

driving about at night,good music.

Real Radio phone in and talk 107 football till 10.

I have started to listen to Kingdom FM while

driving about at night,good music.

Real Radio phone in and talk 107 football till 10.

Kingdom is a pile of poo......real radio not that great these days....talk 107 football is good tho.

The Old Tolbooth
What do you do between 6 & 7 ?

Listen to linda naggi.. sorry, spending quality time ?

Or using the 10 rules perhaps LOL.

Gotta be the ten rules :D

Carl Spackler

Why aren't DAB head units standard in cars yet?

Radio 6 (when in house)

Radio 4 - turn over when Archers comes on.

Talk Sport - turn over when Ian Wright comes on

Radio 5 (when sport on) - turn over when Scousers moaning about Benitez come on

Radio Scotland (when sport on) - turn on CD player when Young or Traynor come on.

Kingdom is a pile of poo......real radio not that great these days....talk 107 football is good tho.

Cant be that bad if top ex forth presenters are there like my mates Micky Gavin among others are on the team! I left on excellent terms and may return soon,You would say Kingdom is a pile o poo though I used to be Top presenter there and you used to go out with me and you spent many hours in the kingdom studios lol!...ahh bitterness gets you nowhere !hahaha!...I went to D & A for specks that was a pile of poo too they ripped me off in Dundee lol!

best radio show to listen to on a sat night if you're havin a night in is Bob Harris on radio 2 on a sat night, doesnt play all that manufactured rubbish and is a fab listen if you want hear good decent music

As it says..!!

Mine is Radio 1

Mine is Virgin. Rocking station and very rarely plays a bad song! Christian O'Connell is the funniest man on the air between 6-10! :1022:

Talksport in the car weekdays. Only hear Brazil going out and Durham coming home, but i like both.

But my favourite talksport show is a fishing phone in which is on early on Saturday mornings. The dude who hosts it is sound. Rather bizzarely I've never held a fishing road in my life and haven't got a clue what they're talking about. But then I also used to listen to Gardener's Question Time when I lived in a tenament flat.

I listen to Russell Brand's show on radio 2 usually, although not live. Normally listen to it sometime through the week.

I enjoy the Sound of the Sixties too on the same channel.

6Music. Getting a DAB radio has been life changing. I've discovered loads of new bands on this station, that I would never heard of otherwise. It's fantastic. Radio 2 I enjoy on a Saturday. XFM is a good idea in theory but there as bad as Radio 1 for playing the same bands continually. So 6Music it is. Can't stress enough how brilliant it is.

I flick between Radio 2, Five Live and Radio Scotland, just depends whats on and how bad the reception up here in Shetland.

I can listen to most things but Radio 1 is torture. Music is awful, the presenters attempts at humour are much the same and I really don't have much interest in Z list celebrity gossip that passes for news.

Without John Peel it's all a bit crap really !

Best bit of Radio is Mark Kermodes film reviews on Five Live.

Always listened to Five Live and Radio 5 before it. Also listen to Talk sport a fair bit. Radio 2 for music, radio scotland for football.

Probably XFM, or if I'm in the car, Virgin (only because that's the only station my car radio can actually get!)[/QUOTE]

Lol! Remember that well BJT from when I had my Surf. All the way up to Dornoch in it one weekend...sheer hell trying to keep it tuned in! Picked up Japanese TV a few times though!

I work for Radio Borders down here so would have to say that mostly. If in Edinburgh, Forth 1. Radio 1 has it's moments - Moyles and the crew in the morning.

Archived