Kebabs

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Brian Whittaker's Tache

we've done pies already.

I've just moved back Edinburgh and one thing I miss from living in England is a good kebab (when I say good I mean one you'll quite happily eat sober)

Lamb donner and chicken shish mix with salad and pitta bread on the side and a big dod of hummous. Damn tasty!

Where's the best place in Edinburgh for a kebab?

Samsun's, end of thread

I was loyal to them for years but then one night, they forgot my onions so I swtiched to Topkapi.

It was a bit like Louis Figo joing Real Madrid from Barca.

Buffalo Bill

chester copperpot
I was loyal to them for years but then one night, they forgot my onions so I swtiched to Topkapi.

Buffalo Bill

Topkapi to me is like supporting hibs.

Hobo ;)

Jambojohnnyboy

Jaflong, Longstone. Their large kebab in a naan like carrying a rolled towel under your arm, massive. Value for money and tasty as!

Really fancy a kebab for my lunch now! Is their any where that does such cuisine at this hour?

This is usualy the cheapest time to get them, as they're trying to rope the schoolies in.

I can't eat kebabs just now, I had a munchy box a month ago and something made me very ill, could've been donner, could have been pakora, dunno, but the thought makes me gag.

Just got a chicken kebab from place across from haymarket station... pesh poor ?4 not much meat, not real bite to the chili sauce....

Dont recommend it, all though I have finished it.

Say What Again
Just got a chicken kebab from place across from haymarket station... pesh poor ?4 not much meat, not real bite to the chili sauce....

Dont recommend it, all though I have finished it.

Most of the stuff from that place is crap.

best kebab shop on Leith walk used to be really good, not been down there for a while, they used to do quality spicy potatoes.

I P Knightley
Jaflong, Longstone. Their large kebab in a naan like carrying a rolled towel under your arm, massive. Value for money and tasty as!

Kebabs and naans are just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Say What Again
best kebab shop on Leith walk used to be really good, not been down there for a while, they used to do quality spicy potatoes.

Yep. It's a bit out of my way but the couple of times I've had a shish kebab from there it was top notch.

Buffalo Bill

Usually Samsuns, not great but ok. Was a Topkapi man for a while but almost had a heart attack one night getting a kebab when the window of the shop got egged, very loud and got a bad fright, then it happened another 2 times.

Bloody drive by.

There was one on Albert Street that did good pizzas, but he kept getting shut for poor hygiene, shame, nice guy & great pizzas.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Definitely value for money due to the sheer size but not the best for flavour in my opinion. I thought my mate had bought a giant baked tattie when he came out the shop with one.

Anyway Kebabs should only be eaten when drunk, which means you could buy one from anywhere and still enjoy it.

I lived across the road from the shop a few years ago. The place lives up to its name.:P:p:p

There was one on Albert Street that did good pizzas, but he kept getting shut for poor hygiene, shame, nice guy & great pizzas.

Nice guy or not... surely that's a reason to stop going.

The Old Tolbooth
Kebabs and naans are just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Och, you gotta die from something eventually, might as well be that!

Darios in Rosyth does very good kebabs, and in Edinburgh my fave was the Longstone chippy, they dont even charge you for extra salad and chilli sauce!!!

(The extra salad was to make me feel less guilty)

The People's Chimp
Best Kebab near Queen Street Station.

Mmmmmmm. Sarbeni.....

That 'turqoise' place round the back of the arches does sarbenis as well.

mmmmmmmm.......

Topkapi to me is like supporting hibs.

Hobo ;)

Went out with one of the guys who worked in there years ago.

Bought me a red rose and sent it to my work each day for a week. Very romantic turkish guys.

Was invited up to his flat for dinner......shoes off.....in lounge....him, I'll just change these jeans......comes back in in pj bottoms, nowt else.....got us a video to watch before lunch..... me, great.......press play...... on the screen a guy naked, wrapped in cling film with dangly bits hanging out............. quick exit for me from flat and I didn't even get my free kebab.

Monday at work a dozen roses to say sorry!

Funnily enough never went out with a Turkish guy again he sort of put me off for life.

Went out with one of the guys who worked in there years ago.

Bought me a red rose and sent it to my work each day for a week. Very romantic turkish guys.

Was invited up to his flat for dinner......shoes off.....in lounge....him, I'll just change these jeans......comes back in in pj bottoms, nowt else.....got us a video to watch before lunch..... me, great.......press play...... on the screen a guy naked, wrapped in cling film with dangly bits hanging out............. quick exit for me from flat and I didn't even get my free kebab.

Monday at work a dozen roses to say sorry!

Funnily enough never went out with a Turkish guy again he sort of put me off for life.

Sure that wasnt tedp?

What's the name of that place just before you reach the Meadows on right hand side(Heading from Lothian Road side), Near the International bar?

I've hung off many a kebab from that joint.

I've no recollection of how they taste.

The romance bit yeah but naughty vids not a chance ;););)

hehe, not even cling film films! lol

back to topic...

The place in Canonmills is good cant remember the name tho. Bodrums or something.

The romance bit yeah but naughty vids not a chance ;););)

dvd's now mate or is it blueray disc's;););)

back to topic was in Turkey with the Mrs went to a small cafe for a bite to eat and i ordered the the best Kebab ever, the day before at the hotel we had these nice mild chillies on our buffet, i thought it was the same type in the cafe.

holly mollly 4 bottles of water later my mouth was on fire it was the hottest chillie i have ever had but the kebab was great.

dvd's now mate or is it blueray disc's;););)

back to topic was in Turkey with the Mrs went to a small cafe for a bite to eat and i ordered the the best Kebab ever, the day before at the hotel we had these nice mild chillies on our buffet, i thought it was the same type in the cafe.

holly mollly 4 bottles of water later my mouth was on fire it was the hottest chillie i have ever had but the kebab was great.

We got a kebab delivered to the canal side in Icmeler at about 4am in the middle of Ramadan. Was awesome.

A Nessie kebab from the tartan tandoorie in Gracemount is the mutts. Absolutely huge kebab. Don't think anyone could manage to eat a hale one.

Nelly Terraces

Effes at Tollcross is the nuts. Great chicken or Shish and they do bonzer Pakoras there as well.

Got to be honest and say though the kebabs in London are better than up here, they're biggers and somehow tastier.

Kebabs rule. Anyone who doesnt like them is a puff.

Kebabs rule. Anyone who doesnt like them is a puff.

Never a truer word spoken.

I prefer Samsun to Topkapi. One of the main reasons was that I once saw a punter being slashed on the face with a pizza cutter by one of the nuggets behind the counter in Topkapi.

Instant whitey.

Nelly Terraces
Never a truer word spoken.

I prefer Samsun to Topkapi. One of the main reasons was that I once saw a punter being slashed on the face with a pizza cutter by one of the nuggets behind the counter in Topkapi.

Instant whitey.

Take it you still finished yer kebab though aye?

The Monte Carlo as I recall, kebab express in Gorgie Road opposite Stratties, top notch.

Best place for a kebab in Edinburgh is palmyras, just next to KFC.

mmmm

Have to agree with the above, but also the place across the road kebab mahal, finest and cheapest in town !

we've done pies already.

I've just moved back Edinburgh and one thing I miss from living in England is a good kebab (when I say good I mean one you'll quite happily eat sober)

Lamb donner and chicken shish mix with salad and pitta bread on the side and a big dod of hummous. Damn tasty!

Where's the best place in Edinburgh for a kebab?

Cracking kebab from Madras Cottage at Lochend Road roundabout for 3 quid , they are massive and they deliver within a 3 mile radius for a quid.

Archived