Guitar Hero/Rockband

hughesie27

I know a lot of you have GH, I was wandering if it's any good. Never played it before. Is it pretty hard to get used to. Are the songs any good?

Any games that have the drum set other than Rockband? That's hwo I'd like to play to be honest but a good electric guitar would suit.

GH is the most addictive game i have played in years. I have 2 & 3 but stick to the plug in guitar cos there is a slight lag on the wireless one that annoyed me (although if you only ever used the wireless then your not gonna notice).

Not played Rockband but wouldnt mind hearing anyones thoughts on it.

The songs on GH are pretty good. A few well known and some hidden gems. Although part 3 does have "ruby" by kaiser chiefs. I refuse to play it though. Legends of Rock does not include Kaiser Chiefs.

When is Rock Band coming out? They have the likes of The Killrers on it which would seel it to me write away. It's about $160 so probably ?100 over here. Quite expensive for a game.

The killers tune is one of the more technically easy songs. Theres a slayer song on it thats feckin nuts. Gave me massive hand cramps. I dont know anyone that played it that didnt get addicted, i have it hooked up to a 36" tv with surround sound. The neighbours probably hate me haha.

The killers tune is one of the more technically easy songs. Theres a slayer song on it thats feckin nuts. Gave me massive hand cramps. I dont know anyone that played it that didnt get addicted, i have it hooked up to a 36" tv with surround sound. The neighbours probably hate me haha.

Is this Rock Band you mean? Where can i buy it! It's Guitar Hero, Singstar and a set of drums roleld into one!

Can you not up the hardness?

Guest S.U.S.S.
GH is the most addictive game i have played in years. I have 2 & 3 but stick to the plug in guitar cos there is a slight lag on the wireless one that annoyed me (although if you only ever used the wireless then your not gonna notice).

Not played Rockband but wouldnt mind hearing anyones thoughts on it.

The songs on GH are pretty good. A few well known and some hidden gems. Although part 3 does have "ruby" by kaiser chiefs. I refuse to play it though. Legends of Rock does not include Kaiser Chiefs.

You need to go to the options and calibrate the wireless mate, then the lag is sorted.

It's alright - can be a good laugh, but you end up wasting hours of your life.

Dragonforce is mental, but superb. 'When you were young' is on it, which is good.

Will probably club together with my brothers to get Rockband.

From what I've read by people who've imported Rock Band, its so much better than Guitar Hero and moves things on to a new level. So I'd hold out for that if I were you unless you can easily afford them both obviously.

If I can get access to Rock Band then I will buy that but I'd need to know where to look and what price it is.

Is it region free?

Only a month to wait otherwise anyway.

A few of the places who were exporting Rock Band to the UK from the States no longer do it. The 360 version isn't region free, not sure about the PS3 one.

The guitar playing in Rock Bank is supposed to be much better than the GH franchise and at the moment there's new tracks to download every week.

Dean Winchester
If I can get access to Rock Band then I will buy that but I'd need to know where to look and what price it is.

Is it region free?

Only a month to wait otherwise anyway.

Rock band is more for playing with your mates GH is better for people on their own (although it still has multiplayer etc.)

Highly recommend GH3 it is extremely addictive and takes a lot of practice to work your way through the songs (I think I'm on Chapter 5 of Hard and I've had it for 3 months! Still got expert to do :confused:)

Cant get passed easy however my son is on the expert level. The buckethead tune on GH2 is awesome.

Is it true that you get the instruments with Rockband and does it have a bit for a vocalist.

I know a lot of you have GH, I was wandering if it's any good. Never played it before. Is it pretty hard to get used to. Are the songs any good?

Any games that have the drum set other than Rockband? That's hwo I'd like to play to be honest but a good electric guitar would suit.

If you have plenty of spare cash hang on until Rockband comes out as it is meant to blow Guitar Hero away.But as i say make sure you have plenty of cash or you could just get the one instrument and form an online band on Xbox Live.

It's alright - can be a good laugh, but you end up wasting hours of your life.

Dragonforce is mental, but superb. 'When you were young' is on it, which is good.

Will probably club together with my brothers to get Rockband.

Dragonforce caused me to almost cry. Slayer -reign of blood, i cant get more than 4 stars.

A few of the places who were exporting Rock Band to the UK from the States no longer do it. The 360 version isn't region free, not sure about the PS3 one.

The guitar playing in Rock Bank is supposed to be much better than the GH franchise and at the moment there's new tracks to download every week.

I read yesterday that the boffins at Sony made all PS3s region-free. So, that means that for $169.99 (+p&p) you can order ROCK BAND from Amazon.com. Failing that, you can just wait until it's out in March. A friend of a friend has it (imported) and it says it's awesome. The downloadable elements are much better than GH, as you download entire albums and not just several tracks. The downside is that it only comes with 10-20 songs. The drum part is supposed to be very challenging too.

I have GH3, but I will be getting Rock Band without any shadow of doubt. It is the original developer (who have had a string of success with rhythm-based games) and also has the backing of MTV!

Me and my flatmate are gagging on Rock Band.

We have GH2 and GH3 ... I am just about done all the songs in Hard mode now. 5 Stars on all on Medium. And about half songs done on expert.. Still working my way through it though.

Moist addictive game ever. You pick it up and all of a sudden its 3 hours later.

Highly recommended.

I have Rock Band and play the drum kit....love it.

You can play in "solo" mode or you can have a singer and a guitarist. GH can be used in Rockband, but it does come with another guitar in the set.

Also if you are hooked to the XBox 360 internet, you can play with other people and form your own little "band."

I am still doing the "tour" as a drummer on the easy setting.

Not sure when they are being shipped to the UK but if you like the drums, or singing - then I would suggest it. It's a load of fun especially when you have had a few too many pints. :confused:

Call me old fashioned I prefer to just plug a guitar in at home or go out and find a real band to play with. Think about how good you could get on a guitar if you practise instead of playing mind bending Guitar Hero. Im a computer game fan but I just cant getting into either game. Although if I play them I prefer it on the hardest settings.

Call me old fashioned I prefer to just plug a guitar in at home or go out and find a real band to play with. Think about how good you could get on a guitar if you practise instead of playing mind bending Guitar Hero. Im a computer game fan but I just cant getting into either game. Although if I play them I prefer it on the hardest settings.

Can you play the guitar though? I don't doubt that the real thing is much much better than a piece of plastic. But that costs a lot of money to learn whereas this is pick up and play. Rock on!

You could pick up a cheap acoustic for as much as GH. If you get GH and Rock Band you then get into entry level electrics and amps. Get good enough and you could get paid to play it in pubs. I can play guitar. Been in a few bands but nothing serious. Self taught past time sort of thing but if I like a tune I can go learn it quick enough. And can make up little tunes if I get together with a few other people. But your right it becomes expensive when you start wanting to buy ever new gadget that you read about.

http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/1113/Guitar-Queer-o.html

^^ Randy Marsh.... thats me :)

I'm with you. Utter madness. It's like getting fresh with a rubber on.

That said, GH3 is a bit addictive.

Some people have a natural aptitude to play the guitar. I dont.

I bought a guitar two years ago and it has been a struggle, not for the lack of trying. But I dont enjoy it as it frustrates me.

I have tried GH and it is fun. It is nothing like as technical as the real thing.

As you can tell I have not been on to post all night. I've been playing it! Absolutely brillaint. Going through the career mode on easy. And it is easy, once you get the knack of the 3 buttons. Played a few on medium and When you were young is my best.

PS. Tommorow my aim is to beat my top score on Dragonforce. Here is a little video I made on my first go elaier on!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZPx_q5gXgI

As you can tell I have not been on to post all night. I've been playing it! Absolutely brillaint. Going through the career mode on easy. And it is easy, once you get the knack of the 3 buttons. Played a few on medium and When you were young is my best.

PS. Tommorow my aim is to beat my top score on Dragonforce. Here is a little video I made on my first go elaier on!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZPx_q5gXgI

I loved the You Tube video...how awesome! Brilliant! I have a hard time with the coordination thing. I stick with the drum kit.

nailed slayer at last but only just the middle section is insane and my fingers are extremely cramped up

lol

Tell me about it..I have a claw now..

What level you playing?

I was playing through easy but it got a bit. Easy. So moved onto medium and cmpleted it on that. It's a pretty short game eh. Anyway I am pretty good at medium but finding hard. Hard. They do gives these difficulties good names. The orange button is a pain to reach! Literally! And then jumping over to the green or red right after while having to strum. Also on the notes that you don't need to strum (the lit up ones) I usually just strum anyway out of habbit but there are times that i really should be preparing for the following not and it just messes up. I have pretty much mastered When you were young on medium only missed one note the last time i played it on medium.

That and another 2 songs I can complete on hard but the rest are a shambles.

I also have a pretty good high score in nearly all the songs on medium and always seem to be gettnig better as I keep beating the highscore. There is a very definitive moment when you just begin to get a knowledge of where your finger should be going which makes it a lot easier for really quick note changes. A have to master the quick change or red and yellow to blue and red at the same time.

I was finding knights of cydonia a pain to complete though after the halfway mark it starts to get messy but I managed to complete it yesterday so I was pretty chuffed.

Absolutely amazing game though and the songs are beauties.

I was playing through easy but it got a bit. Easy. So moved onto medium and cmpleted it on that. It's a pretty short game eh. Anyway I am pretty good at medium but finding hard. Hard. They do gives these difficulties good names. The orange button is a pain to reach! Literally! And then jumping over to the green or red right after while having to strum. Also on the notes that you don't need to strum (the lit up ones) I usually just strum anyway out of habbit but there are times that i really should be preparing for the following not and it just messes up. I have pretty much mastered When you were young on medium only missed one note the last time i played it on medium.

That and another 2 songs I can complete on hard but the rest are a shambles.

I also have a pretty good high score in nearly all the songs on medium and always seem to be gettnig better as I keep beating the highscore. There is a very definitive moment when you just begin to get a knowledge of where your finger should be going which makes it a lot easier for really quick note changes. A have to master the quick change or red and yellow to blue and red at the same time.

I was finding knights of cydonia a pain to complete though after the halfway mark it starts to get messy but I managed to complete it yesterday so I was pretty chuffed.

Absolutely amazing game though and the songs are beauties.

Do you have to actually have to play like solos and that note for note hughesie?

Do you have to actually have to play like solos and that note for note hughesie?

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. On what difficulty? Which song?

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. On what difficulty? Which song?

sorry ,my fault I misunderstood the concept of the game,sounds like a good laugh,im thinkin of gettin it for the 360 thats all!

Archived