JKB Scouting

biggystar

Hi guys, i'm now recruiting everyone as a JKB Scout.

I want you to list a current Hearts player who you think has those special qualities, and what they are.

Then any uk player who would realistically improve our squad, but you've got to give us a reason why.

Simple, fun and opinionated.

I'll Start.

Chesney is my player. I think he's confident in his ability and I feel it breeding through others (lead by example.) Always a threat and never gives up. Has an engine.

I think Antti Niemi, loved by our fans, in relegation trouble and would solve our problem in goals. wouldn't cost a massive amount in comparison to Gordon's price and would help us move in the right direction!

keep em cumin!

loveofthegame

Larry Kingston- class, other than the hard working ethic to track back he has it all

Ross McCormack- cheap and by no means a done deal at Boro. A good offer of wages and im sure he'd come no bother at all. Dont see why we should miss out on another quality cheap Scottish based player ala Naismith/McDonald. It goes without saying I do not believe he will ever be a Hearts player

Vlad_Knows_Best

Reuben Palazuelos.

He looks a quality act. Looks very comfortable and composed on the ball and works hard, not in the headless chicken sense. Good passer of the ball.

Certainly looks to have made the central midfield position his own.

He also looks like his best is yet to come.

Derek Riorden (on ability)

Shows time and time again he knows where the goals are.

Andrius Velicka:

Lazy, unfit, slow and not that good outside the box.

But a natural born goalscorer.

Russel Anderson...

....represents everything we need in defence.

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Andy Driver - Good pace, good left foot, able to beat a man quite easily. In my opinion, he is a brilliant prospect and his best is yet to come.

Barry Robson - Great leader on the park, overall play is very good, decent at set pieces. Would make a brilliant signing for not too much money.

Kingston - has teh devilment in him to change a game.

Didier Drogba would look good in maroon - best striker in England.

tommythejambo

Eggert Jonsson-Gives 110% every week. Plus despite his young age has been one of our best performers this year (Not hard I know)

Russell Anderson-Got to agree with whoever said it earlier. We are ******ing feeble at the back and need a real centre-half in to shore it up and guide Berra through it until he is ready to be the big boy at the back...Which he isn't.

Eggert: Not just because he's a terrific talent, but because he is emblematic of the hope that we have for a few of the youngsters in our youth sides just know.

James Mcfadden: Scottish, super technique, can pull a rabbit out a hat and a signing that would galvanise the support and the players.

Ibby Tall - Great with headers, strong going forward, scores goals

Scott Severein - Good Defender, Midfielder, Striker and even GK, good leadership.

pink_lady_2006
Eggert: Not just because he's a terrific talent, but because he is emblematic of the hope that we have for a few of the youngsters in our youth sides just know.

James Mcfadden: Scottish, super technique, can pull a rabbit out a hat and a signing that would galvanise the support and the players.

would go the exact same as you! i think jonsson has great potential!:)

most obvious candidates already taken so i'll attempt to keep it original

Lee Wallace - tries things that no other member of our team would attempt i'e lobbing right back with first touch off outside of his foot. He's not playing well but with the right coach/setup i think he could have great potential.

Darren Barr - strong in air and tackle, has done well in SPL and wouldn't break the bank with transfer or wages.

boabyarsebiscuit

Eggert Jonsson - good young midfielder and bags of potential.

Fernando Screpis - just the type of player we need in our current predicament - good football brain, defends, attacks, tough as nails. Wish we could sign him. Not sure which club he's currently under contact to. Eh? Hang on, somebody's saying something ... he's ALREADY a Hearts player? WTF???

portobellojambo1

James McFadden: Scottish, super technique, can pull a rabbit out a hat and a signing that would galvanise the support and the players.

Believe it said in today's paper Everton would be willing to release him, on provision of a fee of ?7 million.

Believe it said in today's paper Everton would be willing to release him, on provision of a fee of ?7 million.

I assume they are selling to an International team (;)), as he?s never proved himself worth that kind of money at Everton

Isn't McLeish after him?

LarrysRightFoot

We have some young lads in first team with great potential e.g. jonnson and driver.

Outwith them those who have the ability are (IMO) Tall, Goncalves, Larry, Stewart, Ruben (maybe) and Pinilla (I know a lot of ppl on this forum dont like him but he is a class act, I mean how many ppl wanted rid of Tall? and now everyone loves him!) are the only players with the ability to take us forward.

As for signings id go for; Barr, McCormack, Ian Black, Riordan, Burke (but he is getting a game now so cant see it happening), Gow, Jamie Smith, Graeme Dorrans, Marius Niculae, Kris Commons and a right back, personally i rate Mark Wilson!

What a fantastic idea for a thread, I haven't seen anything this positive in here for ages. It makes great reading too...I know our squad isn't as pants as they've been making out lately but things like this remind me that we really do have some talent in our ranks.

Soooo..current player is:

Mikey Stewart

He plays like it really means something to him and that's exactly what why we need his influence on the park. He's frustrating, sure...but only because it's obvious that he could be so much more; as a player..teammate...or even as captain (one day). I still think he's got it in him, and I look forward to being proven right in the next few months.

I had all these flashy ideas for my scouting mission player but then someone mentioned McFadden and it all went out of the window. I'd forgive Vlad for an awful lot of things if he bought us a Faddy-shaped belated Christmas pressie. I'd probably even offer to bear his children. He's just class class class....and could single handedly give both the team and the supporters the boost that we so desperately need. I think he'd get serious fire-in-the-belly if he thought he could be the one who rescued the season....and that means spectacular goals.

We can but dream eh? Kidnapping is also another option, of course...

:brows:

Andrius Velicka - might be lazy and unable to last a full 90 minutes? but the guys a goal scorer, goals win you games! and without his goals in this very poor league season so far, id hate to think where we would be without them?

Barry Robson - this is a player every team in the spl would love to have! you could open a can of peas with his left foot. shows great determination, has great drive,hes a winner. hes a goal scoring midfielder which we havent had since hartley and skacel! how he has stayed at utd so long shocks me! this is the kind of player i would love to see in a hearts jersey!

Eggert Jonsson - A fine young talent, that in the right midfield can be nurtured to be a superstar.

Darren Barr - I reckon this lad has all the ability to go on and be a fantastic defender. Hearts should go for him now, before he attracts interest from bigger clubs.

velicka - proven goalscorer for hearts now with a ratio of almost a goal every second game. and his work-rate off the ball seems to be improving.

ross mccormaick - has turned in some impressive performances this season. hasnt signed for middlesbrough yet, get in for him while we still can.

Im gonna go out on a limb here - stewart! He is very passionate about winning, gives 110% for the club and if emotions were channelled in the right way he would be immence, also for the other team to feed off him - possable captain of the future!!

Other than a top fitness coach so we last 90 mins I go for splashing out on Fletcher at Man Utd. He would control our midfield with lots of quality passes and runs forward. Also could add plenty goals from midfield.

Miko - A player who showed so much promise at the begining of his Hearts career only to drop dramatically after the Andy Davis incident, i feel Miko could have an outstanding career at Hearts if he could get his confidence levels higher. I would love to see a confident Miko play consistantly for Hearts.

Riordan - Although he is a scrote off the field, the lad has undoubted quality on it. If signed by Hearts and had his playing head on, he could become a legend for Hearts.

Larry Kingston - the only player in our squad who would not look out of place in ANY league IMO. His absence is a significant reason for our poor results and the stats bear that out.

Russell Anderson - I believe Steven Pressley is irreplaceable as a captain but Anderson was a readymade replacement. He would now be too expensive, if he wasn't already.

markletissier

Michael Stewart - shows the desire every player should, a fan in the maroon jersey, never gives up until he's in the stands or in an early bath.

Lee Wilkie - i don't think he is an exceptional player in any circumstances however he is the right type of man christophe berra needs to have alongside him.

Captain Canada

Palazuelos - runs his socks off, always wants the ball, good passing and composure - keeps possession well

Ugo Ehiogu - ideal short term signing until the end of the season - powerful presence, no nonsense defender and bags of experience to help nurture Berra along. Easily good enough to play at this level.

Palazuelos - runs his socks off, always wants the ball, good passing and composure - keeps possession well

Ugo Ehiogu - ideal short term signing until the end of the season - powerful presence, no nonsense defender and bags of experience to help nurture Berra along. Easily good enough to play at this level.

Not a bad shout Dode. We really need to shore up that defence and a six month deal would be ideal for us.

Driver- gret runner with the ball and has pace to beat any SPL defender, has a big bag of tricks and can score goals from the left of midfield.

Russel Anderson- good solid defender, is he getting a game for Sunderland?

Driver- gret runner with the ball and has pace to beat any SPL defender, has a big bag of tricks and can score goals from the left of midfield.

Russel Anderson- good solid defender, is he getting a game for Sunderland?

I'm pretty sure he's injured.

alwaysthereinspirit

Non UK player. Taylor Twellman, New England Revolution. Reminds me so much of Robbo. Just scores goals.

Non UK player. Taylor Twellman, New England Revolution. Reminds me so much of Robbo. Just scores goals.

A name you conjure up regularly. He has been linked with Derby this week. At least I think it was Derby, it was defo a Premiership club.

Archived