BANGKOK & BALI

Mr Maroon

portobellojambo1
Thinking of a holiday there this year (possibly July)

Any useful info from Kickbackers?

Cheers

Leave the family at home. ;)

Thinking of a holiday there this year (possibly July)

Any useful info from Kickbackers?

Cheers

It's a good 30 years since I travelled in Thailand and stayed in Bangkok and believe that it is amazingly busy and touristy now. I think it depends whether you are travelling on your own or with a package holiday group. Chiang Mai in the north was beautiful but the resorts in the south tend to get busy in the summer months.

Was in Bali in 99 and stayed inland with relatives near Ubud which was an artsy/craftsy sort of village area. The hotels and resorts are pretty special around there with an amazing Four Seasons and another down on the coast at Jimbaran Bay. Volcanoes in the northern highlands are worth seeing - esp Mount Agung and the Temple of Pura Besakih. Denpasar is the pits - can't breathe for diesel fumes but the best bit about Bali is the people - gentle and sociable.

Nearly forgot - give both a miss if you're not keen on mosquitoes and big snakes....

Bonnie Prince Charlie

July is fab for Thailand (los). It is still hot but not so much and it is the rainy season and a few hours of rain some days is great. I normally just go over from June for 3 months max.

Pattaya (my hunting ground) is best for the single man - if this is you then get a taxi form BK to Pattaya (email Mr Toom) 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hrs will cost you around ?17.

July is fab for Thailand (los). It is still hot but not so much and it is the rainy season and a few hours of rain some days is great. I normally just go over from June for 3 months max.

Pattaya (my hunting ground) is best for the single man - if this is you then get a taxi form BK to Pattaya (email Mr Toom) 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hrs will cost you around ?17.

is that not gary glitter land...Mmm

Sydney from Sydney

Lots of Americans going to Bali now and fewer Australians due to the attacks a few years ago. Wonderful people. Bali is non Muslim and mostly Budhist. You can tell the difference straight away.

Most of Nusa Dua, (resort area) is still owned by Suharto's familly and is over priced. Compounds and all that sort of thing.

Sanur is a nice little spot and only a ten minute ride into Kuta the main holiday area. Lots of options once you're there. Highly recommend Bali to someone who hasn't travelled much. Warm water and cheap as chips.

Bangkok is a hole. After you fly in and have a couple of days in the smog you'll find other options for a nice holiday. Koh Samui or Pi Pi Island are great for beaches cheap drinks and food and not too busy.

Good luck. If you get to Sydney give me a nudge, the beer's cooling as we speak.

I went travelling around Thailand and Laos for a month in october.

Bangkok - smelly, dirty, busy. SPent first 3 days there and couldnt wait to leave. Everywhere you go folk try to get you to give them money or spend money. Only saving grace is that the bars are good.

Pattaya - Nice beach, good night life. Plenty of old german sausage munchers after some 14 year old boys which is extremely minging. Walking street has to be seen to be believed.....(just dont go up the top end)

Also went to ****et, Chang Mai, and Vientiane. The thing i liked most was the food. Bets seafood i have ever tasted. Also tried Kobe beef which was unbelievably good.

July is fab for Thailand (los).

What's wrong with the bus? The "Skytrain" terminus is just metres away from the terminus in BKK.

Booked!

3 nights in Bangkok (Millenium Hilton Hotel)

7 nights in Bali (Bali Hyatt in Sanur)

Thanks for all the info.

Booked!

Thanks for all the info.

meant to say - I'm going first two weeks in July

eddie fenwick
Booked!

Thanks for all the info.

youll love bangkok,best city in the world

Archived