Beniuseless

PeterCapital

We_are_the_Hearts
So he wins a header and suddenly he's the best striker we have? laughable. He's a huddy, plain and simple. He's slow, his touch is rancid. The only thing you can say about him is he is big and strong, but you need more than that to be a striker.

I'm not Nade's biggest fan either but he is lightyears ahead of Bennyuseless in terms of holding/controlling the ball.

Mind you if we just want some big battering ram to hump high balls to then i suppose he could do a job. Most people would probably be happy with that.

Were you at the game?

Guest JamboRobbo
When he scores I want to hear the same song we sang about Dennis Wyness, "he used to be sh***, but now he's alright"!

And what happened to that song? It dissapeared again, cause we soon realised that despite doing something good once, he still was actually ****e. :P

maroonlegions

Get a grip people ,seems very unfair and small minded to condem a player just because of one game,tell me right now that no one has had a bad day at work,would you feel it was justified that you were giving the boot because of it,he deserves another chance to prove himself if nothing else and we should get right behind him and who knows what quality could shine through, are we becoming worse than the ugly sisters fans ,time for more support and backing for our players. :confused:

going by the comments on here he seemed to do well and after watching the BBC highlights he had a few touches. When did he come on? sure I was told it was 67 minutes.

Here is what the incompetent daily ****** (read on line didnt buy it said)

Ricardas Beniusis - on just to run down the clock in the player summary.

FFS running down the clock for 23 minutes now

Too harsh.

Beniusis played well yesterday. Give him some credit.

Velicka had a similar recored at Kaunas and has become one of our most important players, give Beniusis a chance, he was hung out to dry on the opening day of the season but has shown some promise since. probably our best option after Velicka as Pospisil is gone Calum Elliot is a useless fecker, Makela is a joke and Pinilla will play 2 games a season max.

Beni may not be great but a few more sub appearances like yesterday and he may earn himself a start.

Well said, it could be interesting to see how Beniusis and Velicka perform as a partnership as I presume they have a history of playing together.

peebles jambo

let's give the guy a decent chance to prove to all the doubters on kb what he's got in his locker, when he scores the winner on wed. we'll all be raving about him, should be given a run, at least on the bench, for while

Colonel Kurtz

I dont Blame Benny for his display against the hobos ,but whoever selected him.

He is a decent player and is one of the fastest over short sprints,unlike makela he has tried in reserve matches.

I would like to see him score ....he deserves it

I also wouldnt fancy calling him beneuslis to his face.

He told diamond to leave Miko alone and have a go at him on Saturday

So he wins a header and suddenly he's the best striker we have? laughable. He's a huddy, plain and simple. He's slow, his touch is rancid. The only thing you can say about him is he is big and strong, but you need more than that to be a striker.

I'm not Nade's biggest fan either but he is lightyears ahead of Bennyuseless in terms of holding/controlling the ball.

Mind you if we just want some big battering ram to hump high balls to then i suppose he could do a job. Most people would probably be happy with that.

Laugh Out Loud.

You are the Guy who was singing Benji's* praises not long ago. (mysteriously quite a lot and after their CIS Cup win)

So I'll wait before taking your advice on strikers.

*Got his transfer to Real yet - or is it over the next few days?

I dont Blame Benny for his display against the hobos ,but whoever selected him.

He is a decent player and is one of the fastest over short sprints,unlike makela he has tried in reserve matches.

I would like to see him score ....he deserves it

I also wouldnt fancy calling him beneuslis to his face.

He told diamond to leave Miko alone and have a go at him on Saturday

Good man.

Gary Mackay must have got it wrong. He was saying that he watched Beniusis playing in Lithuania and was/is adamant that he will never make the grade in the SPL.

I say give the boy a chance. Judge him on a few 90mins of football. Some people take it too far and just hate for whatever reason. If a foreign kid turned up at your Sunday league team and never looked that confident would you give him a childish nickname and shout from the rooftops how you'd prefer anyone else to play rather than him. Or would you give him a little support and understanding until such a time he is confirmed useless or decent. Id give him encouragement myself. And I think a lot of people just don't like Lithu's because they are thinking of some of the not so good Lithu's that deserved to get bummed out.

People like the Bulldog, Pillowbiter, Straceny, Kanchelkis, Miko, Zal, Kurskis have kind of spoiled it for him. But on a positive note the really bad players have all gone now. At least the Lithu's that are here can kinda play and an argue can be made for them. With any luck Velicka will keep scoring, Zal will stay in defence and find his best form again, Chesney will get better and better and here's hoping Miko consistancy finds the form that makes him a decent player on the occasion day he is actually a good player. Just maybe if these players pick up there game people will change the attitude of shooting down the next Lithu that comes down the pike and start thinking maybe he can do a job.

After all there is a lot of equally rubbish players who get tolerated. Clum until this season, I was amazed anyone thought he was good. Wallace aint exactly great. The clearly confused that support Robbie week in week out season in season out. And the favourable reaction of all to Eggerts first few nightmare games. Making schoolboy mistakes at Aberdeen and generally looking out of his depth getting the over the top support of nearly everybody. Even when as a defensive player we were getting pumped week in week out. Anyway I think Eggy's maturing into a player so I wont slag him too much.

Anyway it just bugs me. Beni is Lithu but give him the Eggert treatment and maybe thats the base he needs to be our next Velicka.

Since his horror show debut, he's made two substitute appearances and done well in both of them.

Time to lay off and give him a chance to prove himself, I think.

They must've seen something in him to have brought him over

I think we will see great things from him

I agree that he should get a chance!

But please remember he's not any more than a journeyman pro and give him a break if he misses a chance or happens to fall over his feet!!!

Just watched some highlights of weekend games and African Nations Cup, and there's a lot of quality players who make mistakes!!!

Guys where is this benny the wonder player your talking about in this thread ?

Hopefully he will be back driving his bus round Kaunas.

He would have to be a wonder player with that service

He would have to be a wonder player with that service

Probably what Velicka (made the run and space) thot when Benny's ball thru was like a 5 year olds pass to him :527:

Commander Harris

you bumped this thread to give the boy a slagging for 18min in which he recieved no service whatsoever?

you bumped this thread to give the boy a slagging for 18min in which he recieved no service whatsoever?

just proving a point that he has very little football talent and shouldnt be near a football park.

Malinga the Swinga

Don't think it was his fault. 2-0 down and heads have gone and yet he gets the blame. He still deserves a chance to prove himself.

just proving a point that he has very little football talent and shouldnt be near a football park.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Nade, Velicka and Beni were all anonymous in the second half. I wonder why.

Commander Harris

you've not proved anything, you've stated an opinion. This thread was started after a very useful performance up at Aberdeen - in the game against rangers, for the time that he was on, none of our forward players got much of a chance, beniusis certainly didn't. He did nothing to merit being singled out.

you've not proved anything, you've stated an opinion. This thread was started after a very useful performance up at Aberdeen - in the game against rangers, for the time that he was on, none of our forward players got much of a chance, beniusis certainly didn't. He did nothing to merit being singled out.

he was on the same amount of time against the sheep and all he did was a semi decent shot .. wow :dribble:

He's barely even haven't had a chance to touch the ball in this game, would be ridicolous to make any judgement, especially on his ability.

he was on the same amount of time against the sheep and all he did was a semi decent shot .. wow :dribble:

We weren't 2-0 down at Aberdeen.

Give it a rest. Midfield/wide got little or nothing to the front players in the 2nd half.

I'd be happy to slag Benny off if he had got the service but then screwed up ....the fact is I can barely recall him recieving the ball once. Hardly his fault.

Some people need to get a grip. If Henri had been brought on instead of Beni he would have done absolutely nothing as well.

I give up on this place sometimes. Let's abuse players when they deserve it eh ? How is that for a plan !!

J.T.F.Robertson
He's barely even haven't had a chance to touch the ball in this game, would be ridicolous to make any judgement, especially on his ability.

Forgive them, for (at this moment in time) they know not what they say. In actual fact ....... nah, forget it.

All you have proven is that you are a tool. The guy didn't even get a kick of the ball and somehow that makes him a crap player.

This is truly embarrassing.

No it is not, they are only idiots.

I'd have prefered to see Big Benny come on for Velicka as he gave the ball away quite a lot tonight. Nade and Benny might have given them a few more problems.

Drylaw Hearts

You don't get a nickname like Bennyuseless for nothing.

If Rangers had brought on a player of that standard quality we all would have laughed.

And I use the word 'quality' in the very loosest sense.

If Rangers had brought on a player of that standard quality we all would have laughed.

No, you get it for playing badly on your debut, up front on your own for an hour against Hibs, when you've barely trained with your new club. Apparently.

Drylaw Hearts
No, you get it for playing badly on your debut, up front on your own for an hour against Hibs, when you've barely trained with your new club. Apparently.

No, you get it for just being useless.

Exactly right. From todays EEN Thommo.

"It was Angel Chervenkov who started the 27-year-old against Hibs that fateful August evening.

He had completed a loan from FBK Kaunas only seven days previously.

Thrown in at the deep end, thrown to the wolves, Beniusis suffered a mauling as Hearts went down 1-0. There have been just four substitute appearances since, for recovering from that public castigation took fully five months."

Angel fecking Cher-fecking-ven-fecking-kov....

Good fecking riddance to the khant.

And on what are you basing your perception of his quality. A couple of bit parts and a game against the hobos when he hardly got a sniff of the ball. He's not been given a chance. Personally I have not seen nearly enough of him to decide if he's good, bad or somewhere in between. Too many of our players get the 'Oh he's crap, not fit to wear the shirt blah blah blah treatment' on here. There are quite a few folk on Kickback who take delight in slagging off players at every opportunity.

Why is it that Beni is seen as pesh while Pinilla is the new Ronaldo, personally I haven't seen enough of either player to make that judgement.

People can say give him a chance till their blue in the face, Beniusis is never gonna cut it in the SPL, he's not good enough. From what I've seen of him is enough to tell me he's pap, simple. You're kidding yourself if you think he's going to improve.

I dont think he even touched the ball, so can't really say he was useless. Just his usual. As i've said all along, if we want someone to chase the ball into the corners and foul defenders, then he's our man. Ability doesn't seem to be a pre requisite to play for Hearts these days. The praise heaped on him after the Aberdeen game was laughable, and shows how sh*te we are that we actually think he's any good.

Guest JamboRobbo
Exactly right. From todays EEN Thommo.

"It was Angel Chervenkov who started the 27-year-old against Hibs that fateful August evening.

He had completed a loan from FBK Kaunas only seven days previously.

Thrown in at the deep end, thrown to the wolves, Beniusis suffered a mauling as Hearts went down 1-0. There have been just four substitute appearances since, for recovering from that public castigation took fully five months."

Angel fecking Cher-fecking-ven-fecking-kov....

Good fecking riddance to the khant.

No no Drew. Angel is a great manager. We should give him a chance. At least thats what the folks defending Beniuseless were telling us back then. :rolleyes:

Though shalt not criticise. :527:

I dont think he even touched the ball, so can't really say he was useless. Just his usual. As i've said all along, if we want someone to chase the ball into the corners and foul defenders, then he's our man. Ability doesn't seem to be a pre requisite to play for Hearts these days. The praise heaped on him after the Aberdeen game was laughable, and shows how sh*te we are that we actually think he's any good.

Fact: I don't think he's good enough!

BUT:

Fact: He didn't get a pass last night!!!

Fact: He did play well on Saturday!

But don't let the facts (ALL of them) get in the way of the bile!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
People can say give him a chance till their blue in the face, Beniusis is never gonna cut it in the SPL, he's not good enough. From what I've seen of him is enough to tell me he's pap, simple. You're kidding yourself if you think he's going to improve.

Thats the bottom line IMO.

Fact: I don't think he's good enough!

BUT:

Fact: He didn't get a pass last night!!!

Fact: He did play well on Saturday!

But don't let the facts (ALL of them) get in the way of the bile!!!

Aye whatever, but i've seen enough from him already to suss out his second touch is a tackle.

There also seems to be a difference of opinion in what "playing well" actually means. I'd say Chris Burke played well last night. People seem to think if Batteringram Benni wins a header then he's played well. As i said, laughable.

Archived