time for video refs in the box at the very least

troonjambo

even though todays result suited us the events at falkirk today were a disgrace for those that missed it falkirk had 2 stonewall penalty's denied

the refs in scotland are now so poor/biased and players are now so dishonest that a farcical amount off results are being decided by the ref and cheating not by the game

THIS IS WRONG .... IT HAS TO STOP.....

the technology is there and i for one want to see honest results even if they dont suit us

enoughs enough

only problem is all the non old firm clubs would have to unite because theres no way rangers and celtic are going to be up for a honest game

Not for me. Better referees is what we need.

Football is not suited to modern day technology. In rugby and cricket it is used when the ball is dead.

I don't see why they can't just get an extra linesman on each goal line. Would be fair to the lower divisions who don't get televised.

You're joking.

Have you any idea of the amount of penalties we'd concede by the amount of holding / grappling our defenders do.

We wouldn't have taken all 3 points from the vermin if they're was video ref's in the box.

3 stonewall penaltys denied.

I would only advocate video evidence for 'over the line' incidents though.

Anything more than that that and football stops being football.

You're joking.

Have you any idea of the amount of penalties we'd concede by the amount of holding / grappling our defenders do.

We wouldn't have taken all 3 points from the vermin if they're was video ref's in the box.

I can only remember one incident in the box in the last Hibs match which resulted in a penalty claim from Hibs and even then it would have been a very soft award.This incident was more than balanced out when Hearts were denied a couple of claims themselves.

I can only remember one incident in the box in the last Hibs match which resulted in a penalty claim from Hibs and even then it would have been a very soft award.This incident was more than balanced out when Hearts were denied a couple of claims themselves.

I'm not saying that we weren't denied penalties at the last derby.

Given the standards of ref's when we're involved, what would be the most likely outcome of video ref's in the box at our games?

Watched Falkirk get denied two stonewallers for handballs in the area this afternoon, John Underhill was staring right at one. Its utter incompetence. Will the SFA do anything to improve standards? unlikely.

Agree on this.

I think we need to be careful in that we dont take a side of the game away that provides us with the talking points in football.

Its a sore one when the decision does not go your way, but I dont want the game stopped and videos being looked at for pens. offsides etc.

Guess The Crowd

That, and offsides perhaps, but limited to 2 per match for each side. Do some tennis tournaments not have such a rule these days?

Drylaw Hearts
Not for me. Better referees is what we need.

Football is not suited to modern day technology. In rugby and cricket it is used when the ball is dead.

Completely agree.

The standard of Refereeing is awful.

They should be suspended or sent to the lower Leagues when they continue to make howlers.

I don't think they are cheats.

I just think they are very weak men.

I'm not saying that we weren't denied penalties at the last derby.

Given the standards of ref's when we're involved, what would be the most likely outcome of video ref's in the box at our games?

i'd replace the present refs as well but thats another subject :)

ps I'm not joking I'm deadly serious I'm sick off games being decided by dodgey refereeing decisions

That, and offsides perhaps, but limited to 2 per match for each side. Do some tennis tournaments not have such a rule these days?

:):):):) i think so dont think i'd limit it that much though

Agree on this.

I think we need to be careful in that we dont take a side of the game away that provides us with the talking points in football.

Its a sore one when the decision does not go your way, but I dont want the game stopped and videos being looked at for pens. offsides etc.

your first point is really poor , you would rather lose a game due to poor reffing so we had something to talk about c'mon to grips mate :sad::sad:

secondly point i see your point however the game is constantly stopping with poor offside dessions anyway and do you honestly think more time would be used up in the 3 seconds it takes to spot a stone waller off a penalty than the time the game is stopped with player protesting about bad decisions

and even if it did i'd still rather have a fair result

your first point is really poor , you would rather lose a game due to poor reffing so we had something to talk about c'mon to grips mate :sad::sad:

secondly point i see your point however the game is constantly stopping with poor offside dessions anyway and do you honestly think more time would be used up in the 3 seconds it takes to spot a stone waller off a penalty than the time the game is stopped with player protesting about bad decisions

and even if it did i'd still rather have a fair result

Not at all. I think we should look at raising the standard of the ref's in Scotland. Looking at ways to improve the standard with more courses, looking to get more people interested in becoming ref's at a young age.

Ref's are human, they WILL make mistakes.

Where do you draw the line?

Offsides?

Pen decisions?

Free kicks in a certain area?

Throw in taken from the wrong place?

A lot of players do not help ref's - you only need to look at Zander Diamonds reaction to Miko's penalty claim yesterday.

Completely agree.

The standard of Refereeing is awful.

They should be suspended or sent to the lower Leagues when they continue to make howlers.

I don't think they are cheats.

I just think they are very weak men.

The standard isn't awful because

They tell us they aren't.

Isn't that enough?

Not at all. I think we should look at raising the standard of the ref's in Scotland. Looking at ways to improve the standard with more courses, looking to get more people interested in becoming ref's at a young age.

agree 100 percent

Ref's are human, they WILL make mistakes.

agreed so why not give them a hand

Where do you draw the line?

that will be the question

Offsides?

the easiest off the lot no slowing off the game at all in fact if you think more offsides are given than committed then the game would be faster;)

Pen decisions?

100 percent

Free kicks in a certain area?

up for debate but personally certainly for violent conduct or faining injury dessisions

Throw in taken from the wrong place?

no

A lot of players do not help ref's - you only need to look at Zander Diamonds reaction to Miko's penalty claim yesterday

exsactly what i'm talking about

ive answered your point in red

Absolutely no sympathy for your Falkirk's and Motherwell's getting screwed by referees every time they play the uglies.

They had their chance to make an issue of it when we took on the SFA after the Andy Davis incident and they all SHAT THEMSELVES.

As we're often told - You reap what you sow.

:bootyshake:

Agree to a degree, my feline friend, but if we were up challenging for the league would you rather see our rivals get 3 points thanks to a refereeing blunder or only 1?

Agree to a degree, my feline friend, but if we were up challenging for the league would you rather see our rivals get 3 points thanks to a refereeing blunder or only 1?

Absolutely.

The only reason I'd give a toss is if it affected us.

If it doesn't, feck them. Serves them right IMO.

Archived