Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

just a thought having listened to the press conference

if someone has posted earlier i apologise but i'm getting tired of trawwling through 39 pages

if csaba and vlad decided they wanted to bring a new keeper in (banks being old and having no resale value/banks not being good enough) and they then tell banks that he will no longer feature and will just coach from now on. Queue Banks to say that he didnt go to Rangers to stay at Hearts and wants to stay as a player/coach, and Vlad sees this Banks going against the grain, and untrustworthy to train macdonald properly - and he gets demoted to youth team coach and csaba has been told not to pick him.

now vlad flies in kello and the lith to add a keeper and coach, whilst waiting to see who csaba wants to bring in ie banogh . . .

thoughts?

I think I actually now prefer diet coke to full fat.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown
DH, in some peoples world GB was deservedly sacked and everyone he brought to the club should have just hung around and served Hearts. The fact that they didn't would suggest that they knew more about the GB affair than us, or knew they were next.

Some people seem to have hit rock bottom when the last resort is to throw mud at someone who could have been a great Hearts manager. Do you think the SFA investigated his drink/extra marital affairs or do you think they appointed GB just to get it right up Hearts given their obvious hatred of us?

I think you'll find the main point wasn't to throw mud at anyone - however we DID all turn a blind eye when Burley wanted to bin Latchford who like Banks had did very little wrong however a new broom sweeps clean & all that...maybe people would think about that in the current context? :)

Mark, someone posted that earlier. You'll have to wade through the thread to find out the response or be happy in yourself with that version of events.

damn it

i will reserve saying great minds think a like until i find out the response

siegementality
I think you'll find the main point wasn't to throw mud at anyone - however we DID all turn a blind eye when Burley wanted to bin Latchford who like Banks had did very little wrong however a new broom sweeps clean & all that...maybe people would think about that in the current context? :)

You've yet to provide any information/proof/rumour/comment as to Latchford being unhappy about leaving Hearts, even though, unlike Banks, he has been interviewed numerous times since. The Daily record article you posted made reference to VR but nothing of Burley. No-one is debating that Latchford was replaced. Funny how VR saw over both these situations is it not?

As for the "we" turned a blind eye. Is that the royal "we". I wasn't even a member of the board then.

Charlie-Brown
You've yet to provide any information/proof/rumour/comment as to Latchford being unhappy about leaving Hearts, even though, unlike Banks, he has been interviewed numerous times since. The Daily record article you posted made reference to VR but nothing of Burley. No-one is debating that Latchford was replaced. Funny how VR saw over both these situations is it not?

As for the "we" turned a blind eye. Is that the royal "we". I wasn't even a member of the board then.

Whatever.....Latchford was emptied cos Burley wanted his own guy as goalie coach....Craig Gordon was disapponited at this but was impressed by Webster....nobody really cared that Latchford got emptied even though he'd done nothing wrong......what date has you joining the forum have anything to do with you having a brain or memory of Hearts reports?

Things could be worse, I suppose. We could have ended up with this keeper, who has just let in a soft goal in the Welling Utd v Maidstone match last Saturday. The fans are spelling out their feelings.

image001_thumb.jpg

siegementality
Whatever.....Latchford was emptied cos Burley wanted his own guy as goalie coach....Craig Gordon was disapponited at this but was impressed by Webster....nobody really cared that Latchford got emptied even though he'd done nothing wrong......what date has you joining the forum have anything to do with you having a brain or memory of Hearts reports?

Ok, you win, when Prter Latchford got emptied nobody cared. Steve Banks has been emptied and some people do care. Sorry about that Peter.

The date I joined the forum has everything to do with it, I couldn't have expressed my opinion on the situation on here as I wasn't a member. FWIW how do you know what I thought about the situation?

Charlie-Brown
Ok, you win, when Prter Latchford got emptied nobody cared. Steve Banks has been emptied and some people do care. Sorry about that Peter.

The date I joined the forum has everything to do with it, I couldn't have expressed my opinion on the situation on here as I wasn't a member. FWIW how do you know what I thought about the situation?

I don't know what you thought, I just made an assumption as you didn't comment about it in the context of the quite similar and not so long ago Latchford scenario.....maybe you just forgot? :confused:

siegementality
:dramaqueen::dramaqueen::dramaqueen::dramaqueen:

My hero. :ninja:

Meanwhile you'll be guarding old Derrys walls:p

siegementality
I don't know what you thought, I just made an assumption as you didn't comment about it in the context of the quite similar and not so long ago Latchford scenario.....maybe you just forgot? :confused:

Three years ago is not so long ago? not in the recent history of events at Hearts.

Charlie-Brown
Three years ago is not so long ago? not in the recent history of events at Hearts.

Still within the Romanov era if you want to be pedantic....

I need to lie down. I've read some of Therapist's posts on this thread and found myself nodding in agreement!!! ;)

siegementality
Still within the Romanov era if you want to be pedantic....

Burley, Anderton, Foulkes, Rix, Webster, Skacel, Valdas, Hartley, Gordon, Pressley, Johnson, Brellier, etc, etc. Do you want me to include Latchford in with those names? All **** on, all in the Romanov era.

rudi must stay
Burley, Anderton, Foulkes, Rix, Webster, Skacel, Valdas, Hartley, Gordon, Pressley, Johnson, Brellier, etc, etc. Do you want me to include Latchford in with those names? All **** on, all in the Romanov era.

hardly mate. We might as well have given him a Scottish Cup medal and 2nd in the league. Gordon wasn't **** on either, sure he was dropped for a few games but then we brought him back and made him captain

Charlie-Brown

Gordon, Skacel & Hartley & even Johnson all earned profitable moves......Webster sh@t on Hearts not vice versa........Latchford was as much a victim as any others and you could add John Robertson & Frail to the list.

Brellier?

Charlie-Brown

When Walter Smith returned to Ibrox a whole bunch of players & coaching staff got emptied.......It's just what happens at fitba clubs.

siegementality
hardly mate. We might as well have given him a Scottish Cup medal and 2nd in the league. Gordon wasn't **** on either, sure he was dropped for a few games but then we brought him back and made him captain

You just don't get it do you?

siegementality
When Walter Smith returned to Ibrox a whole bunch of players & coaching staff got emptied.......It's just what happens at fitba clubs.

A rather sudden and dramtic end to the debate, so neither Latchford or Banks were mistreated then? It's just what happens?

monkfish1979

Yes, but it's so barbaric. So.... mean. *sob* Why can't we just keep them all?

rudi must stay
You just don't get it do you?

sorry I try not to argue. You just make it so hard not to by talking crap

Yes, but it's so barbaric. So.... mean. *sob* Why can't we just keep them all?

Any chance you could re-post the above with Harry Nielson's "Without You" playing in the background?

Charlie-Brown
A rather sudden and dramtic end to the debate, so neither Latchford or Banks were mistreated then? It's just what happens?

Yes they were treated unfairly however it is what happens - football is unfair and these decisions were far from unique to Hearts - Banks is unfortunate but no worse than happens to umpteen football staff at umpteen clubs every season. Should we mourn them all or do those people know the business they're in?

it wasn't david murraymint that emptied the players and staff it was walter judas smith who done it all his choice no meddling from above but shabba never emptied banks vlad went and done it for him ASPER USUAL!!!!!!!!!

siegementality
sorry I try not to argue. You just make it so hard not to by talking crap

From the poster who gave us "he'll get better cos he's a youngster". You just became my new signature.

john brownlee

remember pheressly. maybe Banksie has learned from that. he was offered a good coaching post at Hearts but decided to take the bhoys silver and where did it end, exactly as Mr Romanov suggested that was best for a player at the end of his career. we all have to move on in later years some accept it while others fight it, but eventually see the light.

what would you rather do, retire gracefully and be a hero or let age do its damage and get booed and ridiculed because you no longer meet the fans expectations there's many examples and I will not go to the bother of listing them but not to long ago a certain ex sheep appeared at Tynie would you want that to happen to Banksie, no and Banksie being a sensible and educated Pro could see that's exactly what would happen to him.

the right move and the right decision made by all concerned good move by Hearts and Mr Romanov just one more plus for Hearts this season long may it continue ''BTW still on the Happy train especially after watching the Gfa sellect

Go to it Hearts and Rocky and gubb the smellic reserves big time.

rudi must stay
From the poster who gave us "he'll get better cos he's a youngster". You just became my new signature.

yup i'm your signiture because i said something which is right! there's no caps in my name either btw

shaun.lawson
Things could be worse, I suppose. We could have ended up with this keeper, who has just let in a soft goal in the Welling Utd v Maidstone match last Saturday. The fans are spelling out their feelings.

[ATTACH]848[/ATTACH]

I posted that days ago! Do try and keep up... :smile:

shaun.lawson
How about the saving Tynecastle situation, Scottish Cup win situation and Champions League situation? After all, they must have been "VR's mess" too. :rolleyes:

It's now two years and three months after these achievements. In August 2000, as other supporters became more and more irate about Chris Robinson's running of the club, did you roll your eyes at them and eulogise his role in redeveloping the stadium, taking us back to success after we appeared in more and more trouble in Mercer's final years, finishing 3rd twice and winning the Scottish Cup? And given we went straight out of the CL at the qualifying stage, what, exactly, is the difference between the achievements of both of them?

shaun.lawson
Well said. Football's a cut throat business and if we're to progress we shouldn't shy away from tough decisions.

I'm of the opinion that people are getting hyper about Banks not because he's a superb keeper and has been dealt a bad hand, but because he seems a decent chap.

But if those tough decisions by the management seem unfair and inconsistent to the employees, it leads to poor morale and poor results. Doesn't this concern you at all?

Charlie-Brown
But if those tough decisions by the management seem unfair and inconsistent to the employees, it leads to poor morale and poor results. Doesn't this concern you at all?

It would be inconsistent and unfair if the club had just ditched Banks for no reason but they've brought in 2 keepers in their 20's to replace Banks who is well into his 30's and Basso who has been told he won't play again and can find himself another club.

Very few people have commented on the unfairness to Basso or is that just football?

Geoff Kilpatrick

NMH, the response is simply because most people assumed Banksy would become the first team goalkeeper coach if he wasn't playing. Whatever way the situation was handled has led to a stupid bust up, a 40 page thread on KB, another unnecessary media frenzy and, hopefully not but potentially, a reduction in morale in the playing squad. That is the main concern here.

I do agree though that this is being blown out of proportion but that is a consequence of past actions at the club. Any sign of disharmony at the club at all and the media will jump on it. It's an easy headline and it will sell papers.

NMH, the response is simply because most people assumed Banksy would become the first team goalkeeper coach if he wasn't playing. Whatever way the situation was handled has led to a stupid bust up, a 40 page thread on KB, another unnecessary media frenzy and, hopefully not but potentially, a reduction in morale in the playing squad. That is the main concern here.

I do agree though that this is being blown out of proportion but that is a consequence of past actions at the club. Any sign of disharmony at the club at all and the media will jump on it. It's an easy headline and it will sell papers.

Well said.

That is also my main concern.

You are right, this whole thing is a storm in a tea cup, that has been escalated into a full on Hurricane.:calm:

I posted that days ago! Do try and keep up... :smile:

Sorry! Snail mail only reaches North Edinburgh once a week, you know!

As has the Hearts support,can't really blame the media for that,FFS this has got over 1000 posts already.

Charlie-Brown

His nephew Ben Long was one of the 3 ground staff boys on the pitch collecting the footballs & equipment from the first teams pre-match warm up.

Was Banks at the match to-day?

Do you think he will leave before the window closes ? he is still good enough for a first team place, or at least a back up keeper at most teams.

Archived