'Scottish, Not British.'

S.N.T.H.

Are you British or Scottish?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you British or Scottish?

Who else has seen the massive amount of these stickers all over the place.. from trains and buses, to bus shelters and cars.

It's asthough Toggie's taken a fit.

What's the need?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, can't stand them. Always have a massive urge to peel them off/rub the chalk off or whatever.

Thing is, you can guarantee that it's your stereotypical, new-wave, lentil-eating, long-haired, scruffy ****** of a philosophy student that's responsible.

Commander Harris
Yep, can't stand them. Always have a massive urge to peel them off/rub the chalk off or whatever.

Thing is, you can guarantee that it's your stereotypical, new-wave, lentil-eating, long-haired, scruffy ****** of a philosophy student that's responsible.

such a person would be beyond such things as arbitrary borders and nationalities.

surely they would prefer "citizen of the world" ;)

What's the need?

Sadly, there's plenty of need in the mind of your typical Scottish nationalist racist. :sad:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Sadly, there's plenty of need in the mind of your typical Scottish nationalist racist. :sad:

Wonder if the fat bigot is running round town doing this himself, wouldn't put it past the contemptible little creep.

Guest gorgie kev
Who else has seen the massive amount of these stickers all over the place.. from trains and buses, to bus shelters and cars.

What's the need?

Well my passport says i'm British.S.N.P=silly biscuits.

Well my passport says i'm British.S.N.P=silly biscuits.

mine says the same,but im scottish but have never,and dont think i will ever vote SNP

maybe because they are fighting for the cause of what over half of the scottish population want, independence.. British? Aye right.

maybe because they are fighting for the cause of what over half of the scottish population want

"Fighting for the cause" = putting up stickers. Laughable.

You'll get a surprise when it's put to a vote. If it ever is....Salmond knows exactly what the outcome would be. ;)

I am a proud Scot, aswell as a proud member of the United Kingdom.

Pro-Union doesn't mean Anti-Scottish.

There's no need for the bloody stickers, it's embarrasing FFS. My English colleague, whom i've been travelling through to Glasgow with all week and has seen some of this nonsense, thinks it's cringe-worthy.

I'd tend to agree.

Well my passport says i'm British.S.N.P=assholes

My passport does not say that I am British, it says that I am a Citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. My nationality is Scottish as that is where I was born.

Can anyone really be "British" as Britain is really three countrys ruled by one country.

What's the need?

Ive personally not seen them, i have however seen the chalk in the centre of town which speaking as a 100% nationalist is quite embarrasing, They should at least splash out on some spraypaint.;)

Dont see the problem if someone wants to display on their car though. Its their personal choice that they view Scotland as a country and not a region, and if they want to display it on their car then its up to them.

Guest S.U.S.S.

There's no need for the bloody stickers, it's embarrasing FFS. My English colleague, whom i've been travelling through to Glasgow with all week and has seen some of this nonsense, thinks it's cringe-worthy.

I'd tend to agree.

Exactly, but the braveheart brigade have decided your one or the other!

My passport does not say that I am British, it says that I am a Citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. My nationality is Scottish as that is where I was born.

Can anyone really be "British" as Britain is really three countrys ruled by one country.

Have you ever been in trouble abroad? If so, was the Scottish embassy/consulate able to provide assistance? :rolleyes:

Glad to see the Nationalists are advocating vandalism, well done. :mw_rolleyes:

It's all they've got. Vandalism, intimidation and violence. They know their political objectives do not stand up to intellectual scrutiny and argument.

Have you ever been in trouble abroad? If so, was the Scottish embassy/consulate able to provide assistance? :rolleyes:

One day soon I will be able to go to the Scottish Embassy!!!!

I hold a UK passpost so I expect to be able to go to the UK's representatives whilst abroad, even to call it the British Embassy is incorrect.

even to call it the British Embassy is incorrect.

It's not. I've had reason to go to embassies a couple of time and have seen the signage.

have you ever been in other parts of 'britain' and tried to use scottish money and been told its foreign

No you're not.

You're a subject.

I'd tend to agree.

Agree. I`m quite as ease with who i am, unlike these embarassing muppets who plant the stickers about the place.

Fiercely proud to be Scottish but at the same time happy to be part of Britain.

What is with your sudden vendetta against students? Everything in the world at the moment seems to be the fault of students. It's incredibly ironic that you are in fact a student that is completely living off the state.

Everyone knows who the racists are on this board, mate ;)

You have also seem to have modeled your on debating style on Goebbels (the nazi spin doctor) - repeat a lie long enough and people will start to believe it. Fortunately Joseph Goebbels wasn't that correct as you have been found a long time ago.

Scottish Nationalists know better to than to get in trouble abroad - British Nationalists however...

I'd tend to agree.

I personally think that talking down your own nation and getting your knickers in a twist about some stickers a tad more cringe worthy.

What is with your sudden vendetta against students? Everything in the world at the moment seems to be the fault of students. It's incredibly ironic that you are in fact a student that is completely living off the state.

There are different kinds of students. People who study to actually better themselves and do a meaningful course and ****ing wasters.

It's the wasters that annoy me.

Jesus, someone's in a bad mood tonight.

have you ever been in other parts of 'britain' and tried to use scottish money and been told its foreign

Scottish money is not legal tender so the creditor is quite within their rights to reject payment by such a method.

Commander Harris
Scottish money is not legal tender so the creditor is quite within their rights to reject payment by such a method.

Technically English notes are not legal tender in Scotland, but it would be a bit stupid if a shop in Scotland rejected it.

Carl Weathers

I seen a sticker on a bus today that said 'this belongs to Lionel Ritchie'.

Probably the work of a long haired, bloody student.

I cringed.

There are different kinds of students. People who study to actually better themselves and do a meaningful course and ****ing wasters.

It's the wasters that annoy me.

Jesus, someone's in a bad mood tonight.

In the current job climate it doesn't really matter what degree you have. I don't believe that anyone who is studying isn't doing to better themselves. If they were actually wasters then they wouldn't be studying in the first place.

I seen a sticker on a bus today that said 'this belongs to Lionel Ritchie'.

Probably the work of a long haired, bloody student.

I cringed.

I remember when I was younger and would get a sticker off the dentist...what a useless long-haired student that Dr Coombes was.

It still makes me cringe.

What about all this trouble in Georgia? Bloody students eh! They'll never learn.

i never asked if it was legal or not,answer the question

Howzabout 'Scottish not English'. That is technically accurate I believe. :slither:

Anyway, people have the right to be Scottish, British or whatever they want. It is a free country. ;)

Commander Harris
Howzabout 'Scottish not English'. That is technically accurate I believe. :slither:

Anyway, people have the right to be Scottish, British or whatever they want. It is a free country. ;)

which country is that? ;)

Pants Shaton

Probably the same mongotard resposible for 'End London Rule' chalked all over the city. That'll push support for independence up from 30% to 51% - some halfwit with a stick of chalk and too much time on his hands.

Not even worthy of the classic graffiti slogan which used to adorn the bridge at King's Stables Road: 'KEEP BRITAN BRITTISH'

portobellojambo1
maybe because they are fighting for the cause of what over half of the scottish population want, independence.. British? Aye right.

You are having a laugh aren't you.

That will come one day, fighting for the cause, then we will see how brave our Scots Republicans are. If you are willing to fight for a cause you have to be willing to die for that cause as well.

Guest juvehearts

It isnt scottish money anyway. considering scotland hosts 2 of the biggest banks in the world i find it damn near impossiable for ANYONE to reject a scottish banknote considering the 'bill' is UK sterling which by the british banking code is legal tender in the united kingdom.

still good banter donw in london when you get in a taxi from stansted & it costs ?18 & you ask the driver would you like an english tenner or a scottish 20?!

9/10 they go for the tenner, although its even better when you go to a restruaunt & only have scottish notes. (free food)!!!!

You are having a laugh aren't you.

That will come one day, fighting for the cause, then we will see how brave our Scots Republicans are. If you are willing to fight for a cause you have to be willing to die for that cause as well.

That day wont come.

Scotland will win its independence at the ballot box.

Scotland/England at war is in the past, where it should be.

The future will have us as equal, prosperous and friendly neighbouring nations.

It isnt scottish money anyway. considering scotland hosts 2 of the biggest banks in the world i find it damn near impossiable for ANYONE to reject a scottish banknote considering the 'bill' is UK sterling which by the british banking code is legal tender in the united kingdom.

still good banter donw in london when you get in a taxi from stansted & it costs ?18 & you ask the driver would you like an english tenner or a scottish 20?!

9/10 they go for the tenner, although its even better when you go to a restruaunt & only have scottish notes. (free food)!!!!

and always stock up with a shedload of "green" fivers it is so long since they have seen ?1 notes that it is almost automatic to get change of a fiver when you poffer one.

Anyway the only LEGAL tender is Bank of England notes under ?5 and copper coin of the realm up to ?1

the 'bill' is UK sterling which by the british banking code is legal tender in the united kingdom.

Yet more nonsense. I suggest you swot up on the law before you come out with all your barrack room lawyer nonsense. :rolleyes:

For what is legal tender and what is not

Legal tender has a very narrow and technical meaning in the settlement of debts. It means that a debtor cannot successfully be sued for non-payment if he pays into court in legal tender. It does not mean that any ordinary transaction has to take place in legal tender or only within the amount denominated by the legislation. Both parties are free to agree to accept any form of payment whether legal tender or otherwise according to their wishes. In order to comply with the very strict rules governing an actual legal tender it is necessary, for example, actually to offer the exact amount due because no change can be demanded.

The amounts for legal tender are stated below.

BANK OF ENGLAND NOTES:

In England and Wales the ?5, ?10, ?20 and ?50 notes are legal tender for payment of any amount. However, they are not legal tender in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

COINS:

Coins are legal tender throughout the United Kingdom for the following amount:

?5 (Crown) - for any amount

?2 - for any amount

?1 - for any amount

50p - for any amount not exceeding ?10

25p (Crown) - for any amount not exceeding ?10

20p - for any amount not exceeding ?10

10p - for any amount not exceeding ?5

5p - for any amount not exceeding ?5

2p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

1p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

Taken from The Royal Mint

Also this:

Are Scottish & Northern Irish notes legal tender?

In short ‘No’ these notes are not legal tender; only Bank of England notes are legal tender but only in England and Wales.

The term legal tender does not in itself govern the acceptability of banknotes in transactions. Whether or not notes have legal tender status, their acceptability as a means of payment is essentially a matter for agreement between the parties involved. Legal tender has a very narrow technical meaning in relation to the settlement of debt. If a debtor pays in legal tender the exact amount he owes under the terms of a contract, he has good defence in law if he is subsequently sued for non-payment of the debt. In ordinary everyday transactions, the term ‘legal tender’ has very little practical application.

Taken from bank of england

So according to what I have posted previously the only legal tender in Scotland is Coins

Archived