Miko dive

Lochend Brazil

Lochend Brazil

Reading an articale in the NOTW earlier and there was a mention of Frail checking video evidence regarding the Miko dive. I was at the game and that it happened so fast, so I cant say yes or no if it was a dive. My mate and I both got texts at the game claiming that it was a penalty and that he has been harshly treated once again, according to the commentators. Funnily enough no mention on Sultana and that they did not show the alleged diving incident. Usually they love to stick it right into us but no footage shown regarding this.

Any thoughts!?

Sultana and Sfa :Bazooka:

On setanta now, clear penalty, even Burley sticks up for Miko

Just seen then highlights and they never showed that incident. Did they show it seperately ?

read the NOTW this morning I was very angry

but then I realised maybe just maybe frail is playing a clever game here

Frail comes out and says if miko dived tv evidence will prove this therefore the club will act

But on the other hand if tv evidence were to prove that he was actually fouled(which I think they will prove)

then the NOTW sunday mail etc who ran with the story will look like idiots

Also the referee will look completely a fool

and hopefully referees will defer from the blatant cheating that has been going on recently

just saw it on setanta. definate contact. all the pundits said so also, even burley.

Does he go down easy at all or is it a straightforward blatant pen ?

Opposition players now have carte blanche to hack down Miko whenever they want.

Congratulations Don McVicar, you must be very proud that your instructions are being carried out so thoroughly by your refs.

Opposition players now have carte blanche to hack down Miko whenever they want.

Congratulations Don McVicar, you must be very proud that your instructions are being carried out so thoroughly by your refs.

Aye and then Miko gets booked.

These SFA bawbags are playing a dangerous game.

I will just take an angry and drunk Jambo to get a grip of one one night.

Thunderstruck

A clear case of victimisation, highlighting the ongoing campaign against Hearts and, in particular, our Lithuanian players.

It is now so obvious that even the media can see it. Why, therefore, can the ruling body not see the same? Mind you we cannot expect too much of an organisation led by a man who can't dig out a phone number.

Guest JamboRobbo
Does he go down easy at all or is it a straightforward blatant pen ?

Tripped from behind as he was about to put his right foot on the ground. No chance of staying up. Defender went in with his wrong leg and managed to get miko's foot instead of the ball.

I'd say Miko was "cute" enough to win it (saw the defender trying to stretch for the ball, and got his body between defender and ball), and the defender was stupid enough to dive in for the ball in the box and get the man instead of the ball.:)

Rents said.........

Frail comes out and says if miko dived tv evidence will prove this therefore the club will act

But on the other hand if tv evidence were to prove that he was actually fouled(which I think they will prove)

and hopefully referees will defer from the blatant cheating that has been going on recently

The line "but then I realised maybe just maybe frail is playing a clever game here" may very well be true. Shaggy seems to understand the media pretty well, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did this. Rather than saying we are being cheated against and looking paranoid, put the ball in THEIR court to admit they are wrong.

Good post mate, and Shaggy if that was your reasoning behind your statement WELL DONE!

Aye and then Miko gets booked.

These SFA bawbags are playing a dangerous game.

I will just take an angry and drunk Jambo to get a grip of one one night.

I have been thinking the same I have never liked or condoned people attacking refs on the pitch

but I would not feel so bad if it happend at tynie

On the other hand though just make things worse for ourselfs

We should be going above the GFA to eufa or fifa

On setanta now, clear penalty, even Burley sticks up for Miko

Yep definate penalty.

If there was any TV footage of how he was booked midweek we would have tangible proof why we as supporters have our conspiracy complex.

SFA obviously dont think the lad has served his sentence!!

Great quote from the pundits on Setanta "If he was my player and stayed on his feet after that tackle I would have blasted him".

Nuff said!

What annoyed me more was Miko wasn't getting booked, the ref had moved away. Then the two Aberdeen players started on Miko, then the ref, and he gets booked.

I have been thinking the same I have never liked or condoned people attacking refs on the pitch

What about in the street?

At their homes?

Where does it stop?

Should we burn their homes down with their wives and family inside?

I don't know. They are corrupt no question, but do they really deserve to die?

I'm not sure.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Disgraceful officiating (cheating) and journalism !!

It's HMFC v the world.

FT All ........

Let's do the blue bigots on Wed !!

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

but I would not feel so bad if it happend at tynie

On the other hand though just make things worse for ourselfs

We should be going above the GFA to eufa or fifa

The GFA are effectively witch hunting Miko and all our foreign players, with their caveman pitchfork mentality.

If some fans were to do the same to referees then I couldn't blame them.

Thankfully I'd hope we as a club are bigger and better than that.

What about in the street?

At their homes?

Where does it stop?

Should we burn their homes down with their wives and family inside?

I don't know. They are corrupt no question, but do they really deserve to die?

I'm not sure.

are you a bit unhinged wanting to burn peoples houses down wife there wife and kids in it is a bit to far

Hi all,

My mate and I started our tour of the professional Scottish Grounds yesterday and I was in the home end, right in line with the incident involving Miko. I often feel that he is indeed vilanised (since the infamous "fall" against Scotland) and will be as long as he plays in this country. To be fair, i've seen him a few times since that incident and still feel he goes down far too easily when the opportunity arises. Yesterday, in real time, i felt it was indeed a blatant dive as he brought his feet together and waited on the foul coming in. At the time, i felt there was no contact and was happy when the officials booked him. After seeing the incident again on the Setanta replay, i changed my tune - there was indeed contact and a penalty would have been a just decision, but I can still see why the ref thought Miko dived and booked him - in real time, he was far away from the incident and Miko did indeed exagerate the fall. Only the benefit of slow motion highlights it as a foul.

There were one or two incidents in the game which annoyed me yesterday to be honest, no more so than Lee Miller - anytime Berra went near him, he fell to ground as if shot from above - it was disgraceful at times and a lot more blatant than the "Miko" incident. Velicka also annoyed me at one point in the second half when he lay "injured" at the edge of the area. He started off by grasping his left knee and kept glancing up to see where the ref was - when it was obvious the incident was going unnoticed and the ref (or Aberdeen) weren't stopping the game, he clutched his head instead (obviously as head knocks get an immediate stop to the game). It annoyed me because it is so uncharacteristic of him and he's impressed me since moving to Scotland - he was having a good game up until that point, running the channels well, but he tarnished his day with that incident - upon speaking to a couple of your fans afterwards, they agreed he ruined his day with that incident.

That aside, I thought it was a good game and you boys were deserved winners in the end. Contrary to a lot of reports i read about your team, you actually play some really nice football and a lot of decent passing-movement eminates from the midfield area, a lot of which is chanelled through Michael Stewart. He really impressed me yesterday - I thought he was lucky to stay on the park after he was bundled to the floor and injured his shoulder in the first half, but he got up and got on with it.

Can't see you remaining in the bottom regions of the league for much longer if you keep up performances like that.

Looking forward to our trip to Tynecastle when it comes around.

Best Wishes.

Scott_M

are you a bit unhinged wanting to burn peoples houses down wife there wife and kids in it is a bit to far

I didn't say I wanted to though. I just speculated that perhaps that may be a bit too far. :)

Hi all,

My mate and I started our tour of the professional Scottish Grounds yesterday and I was in the home end, right in line with the incident involving Miko. I often feel that he is indeed vilanised (since the infamous "fall" against Scotland) and will be as long as he plays in this country. To be fair, i've seen him a few times since that incident and still feel he goes down far too easily when the opportunity arises. Yesterday, in real time, i felt it was indeed a blatant dive as he brought his feet together and waited on the foul coming in. At the time, i felt there was no contact and was happy when the officials booked him. After seeing the incident again on the Setanta replay, i changed my tune - there was indeed contact and a penalty would have been a just decision, but I can still see why the ref thought Miko dived and booked him - in real time, he was far away from the incident and Miko did indeed exagerate the fall. Only the benefit of slow motion highlights it as a foul.

There were one or two incidents in the game which annoyed me yesterday to be honest, no more so than Lee Miller - anytime Berra went near him, he fell to ground as if shot from above - it was disgraceful at times and a lot more blatant than the "Miko" incident. Velicka also annoyed me at one point in the second half when he lay "injured" at the edge of the area. He started off by grasping his left knee and kept glancing up to see where the ref was - when it was obvious the incident was going unnoticed and the ref (or Aberdeen) weren't stopping the game, he clutched his head instead (obviously as head knocks get an immediate stop to the game). It annoyed me because it is so uncharacteristic of him and he's impressed me since moving to Scotland - he was having a good game up until that point, running the channels well, but he tarnished his day with that incident - upon speaking to a couple of your fans afterwards, they agreed he ruined his day with that incident.

That aside, I thought it was a good game and you boys were deserved winners in the end. Contrary to a lot of reports i read about your team, you actually play some really nice football and a lot of decent passing-movement eminates from the midfield area, a lot of which is chanelled through Michael Stewart. He really impressed me yesterday - I thought he was lucky to stay on the park after he was bundled to the floor and injured his shoulder in the first half, but he got up and got on with it.

Can't see you remaining in the bottom regions of the league for much longer if you keep up performances like that.

Best Wishes.

Scott_M

Go back to your room to stare at the moon ya feckin loony. Hibbies are not welcome here if they don't get with the programme. There are people on this board who have had their homes burned down for less ;)

What annoyed me more was Miko wasn't getting booked, the ref had moved away. Then the two Aberdeen players started on Miko, then the ref, and he gets booked.

Where is the uproar in the papers today about the same 2 Aberdeen players 'cheating' and helping get Miko wrongly booked?

Best Wishes.

Scott_M

Not going going to call Miko a "disgrace to Scottish football" with his "sickening dives" and congratulating the ref for booking him like you did on your hibs.net thread?

The Mail on Sunday's "Magic Moment" from the game was the referee booking Miko for "yet another dive". I think that says a lot about the attitude of some reporters towards Miko.

I agree mate ... and ZANDER DIAMOND was the main protaganist ...

a totally useless erse of a man if ever I've seen one ...

What about Lee Millers performance too ... cheated his way throughout the game and tried to get Berra sent off in the process ...

Spineless ****!!!

Not going going to call Miko a "disgrace to Scottish football" with his "sickening dives" and congratulating the ref for booking him like you did on your hibs.net thread?

As I said in my post, my initial reaction was indeed one of disgust and I was glad they booked him - anyone who dives is a disgrace to our game and yesterday, i initially felt he crossed into that category. That was made before i seen the replay (after which i did actually edit my post over "there").

I may post on there, but don't go drawing associations where there are none. I'd have the same response if (when?) similar incidences occured involving their Moroccan players who have the same reputation. I can't stand cheats.

On Radio Scotland in the last few minutes, Chuck Dung, Hobo Brown, Richard Gordon and Murdo McNob all discussing simulation in the Scottish game. The upshot of their conversation -

1) Miko dives, but so does Lee Miller. Their criticism was therefore fair (in the end)

2) Nish is a fragile wee soul who is easily knocked over, therefore doesn't dive

3) Velicka started a lot of this with his antics against Falkirk

5) Chesney was named as a diver

4) RS will tell it as it is and defend our game against these cheats

A discussion ensued about naming the persistent offenders but no-one was prepared to elaborate. For the record the guys who are some of the worst offenders at 'going down rather easily' IMO are -

Pressley

Nakamura

Boyd

Novo

Invincible - yes BB your players as well

Grainger

Velicka

Miko

Clarkson

Janny and Sproule- used to be bad also

Also IMO Chesney was named unfairly. he is one Lithuanian who is not guilty despite having to put up with some nasty challenges over the past few years.

Troubling thing is that they don?t seem to think it wrong that refs may be inclined to give Miko nothing due to "past exploits". They imply that it is ok and Miko reaps what he sowed...

Guest JamboRobbo

Also IMO Chesney was named unfairly. he is one Lithuanian who is not guilty despite having to put up with some nasty challenges over the past few years.

spot on. by naming chesney, they are showing how little they know.

he doesn't dive. full stop. if anything, he stays up when other players (even scottish ones) would've gone down and got penalties.

Guest JamboRobbo
Troubling thing is that they don?t seem to think it wrong that refs may be inclined to give Miko nothing due to "past exploits". They imply that it is ok and Miko reaps what he sowed...

my take is he is reaping what he's sown, but it's not "right" as such, but it is something he brought upon himself.

I think another incident yesterday on the back of velickas last week, and the more it gets highlighted, the problem will resolve itself.

oh ah grantona

this will be the case everytime he goes down everyone knows he is prone to a dive and all the hype that followed scotland game will always be in mind of oppo players and refs. For me the best we can do for him is sent him back to kaunas for a few years let everyone forget and then if he improves then bring him back, this is the perfect opertunity to get rid of him cause chesney is 10x the player he is.

Also on radio scotland the co commentator i think billy dodds was complaning that lee miller was cheating all game and should be getting same treatment as miko both commentators thought it was stonewall

On Radio Scotland in the last few minutes, Chuck Dung, Hobo Brown, Richard Gordon and Murdo McNob all discussing simulation in the Scottish game. The upshot of their conversation -

1) Miko dives, but so does Lee Miller. Their criticism was therefore fair (in the end)

2) Nish is a fragile wee soul who is easily knocked over, therefore doesn't dive

3) Velicka started a lot of this with his antics against Falkirk

5) Chesney was named as a diver

4) RS will tell it as it is and defend our game against these cheats

A discussion ensued about naming the persistent offenders but no-one was prepared to elaborate. For the record the guys who are some of the worst offenders at 'going down rather easily' IMO are -

Pressley

Nakamura

Boyd

Novo

Invincible - yes BB your players as well

Grainger

Velicka

Miko

Clarkson

Janny and Sproule- used to be bad also

You missed out Burke,Nish and Morias(hibs diver).

As I said in my post, my initial reaction was indeed one of disgust and I was glad they booked him - anyone who dives is a disgrace to our game and yesterday, i initially felt he crossed into that category. That was made before i seen the replay (after which i did actually edit my post over "there").

I may post on there, but don't go drawing associations where there are none. I'd have the same response if (when?) similar incidences occured involving their Moroccan players who have the same reputation. I can't stand cheats.

If you are wanting to be taken serious on here away and start a thread on Sorry I Was Wrong Miko on deludednet.:Hearts Man spotrun:

As Lesley Deans wrote in the Scotsman - Michael Stewart was punished (sent off) for something he did not do a few weeks back against Gretna.

Now it appears that Velicka and Miko are also being punished for something they did not do (getting booked for diving when they didn't dive).

Hearts have and will be punished due to our poor disciplinary record - loss of player(s) during matches, suspensions, fines etc - some of it deservedly so to be absolutely honest, but some of that punishment will also be for something our club's employee's did not do (violent conduct / diving etc).

Its reasonable to say that mistakes are made, but if there's much more of this surely someone at Hearts is going to start (or maybe should be) thinking about challenging some of these punishments through the courts - the GFA might find it acceptable to punish an individual or a club for something they did not do but I suspect the courts might take a different view.

Thig Ar Latha

Exactly the way I saw it. A poor ref easily influenced by the Aberdeen players. A clear case of cheating by two (Supposedly) professional footballers and bias by a (Supposed) referee.

I think the courts are very reluctant to get involved. The exception will be where the GFA breach their own rulebook a la Craig Levein and his doubled fine.

Its reasonable to say that mistakes are made, but if there's much more of this surely someone at Hearts is going to start (or maybe should be) thinking about challenging some of these punishments through the courts - the GFA might find it acceptable to punish an individual or a club for something they did not do but I suspect the courts might take a different view.

I think the courts are very reluctant to get involved. The exception will be where the GFA breach their own rulebook a la Craig Levein and his doubled fine.

I think you'll find its up to Hearts to decide whether theres sufficient evidence to proceed. This is civil law not criminal - the courts would merely provide a judgement - and punishing groups or individuals for something they did not do wont go down well in court. IMO the issue is whether or not its intentional.

I'm no lawyer but my impression (from other instances) is that the courts will leave it to the ruling body of the sport unless they are in breach of their own rules.

I think you'll find its up to Hearts to decide whether theres sufficient evidence to proceed. This is civil law not criminal - the courts would merely provide a judgement - and punishing groups or individuals for something they did not do wont go down well in court. IMO the issue is whether or not its intentional.

I'm no lawyer but my impression (from other instances) is that the courts will leave it to the ruling body of the sport unless they are in breach of their own rules.

Without checking the actual GFA sanctioned rule book I suspect that punishing clubs or players for something they haven't done will be against those rules your talking about (unless they've inserted a clause in the 2008 edition that allows them to victimize teams from Edinburgh who wear maroon :sad:). Again IMO it comes down to whether theres a suggestion its intentional / deliberately unfair - even the journo's are questioning some of the decisions now, maybe its not just paranoia anymore.

The GFa would just argue the decisions are given in 'good faith'. We might disagree but it would be difficult to prove.

Without checking the actual GFA sanctioned rule book I suspect that punishing clubs or players for something they haven't done will be against those rules your talking about (unless they've inserted a clause in the 2008 edition that allows them to victimize teams from Edinburgh who wear maroon :sad:). Again IMO it comes down to whether theres a suggestion its intentional / deliberately unfair - even the journo's are questioning some of the decisions now, maybe its not just paranoia anymore.

alwaysthereinspirit

was thinking the same.If Frail already knows the answer then he now puts the ball in the SFA's court to make mention of another referee blunder. We might be $#!te right now on the pitch but we're not stupid off it. Velicka did not dive last week either. Paranoid, no not me, whats to be paranoid about.

Go back to your room to stare at the moon ya feckin loony. Hibbies are not welcome here if they don't get with the programme. There are people on this board who have had their homes burned down for less ;)

that is classic mate cheered up my sunday

ps scott m dont mention that we played some good football

the scotsman and myth.net will implode

Hi all,

Best Wishes.

Scott_M

Doesnt surprise me that you that it was a blatant dive , you were on hibs.net last night ripping the pish out us . And now with so many pundits admitting it was a penalty including Craig Burley , your post means f all :106Final:

Thunderstruck

According to fatty McColl on SatanTV, it was Miko's fault that Falkirk didn't get justified pens today. You couldn't make it up!

I'm totally sick of this.:mad: We NEVER get decisions and every week we've picked up another booking for a 'dive' which should have been a penalty. The media are even getting embarrassed about this now, which amounts to little more than racism, even if the SFA aren't.

We should try to embarrass the refs into changing their ways as the current "SFA, w**k, w**k, w**k" chants clearly just seem to rile them even more and "You don't know what you're doin" doesn't fit as it seems that they clearly do know what they're doing!

Any suggestions for something new? Singling out the refs might work, as it might get more press attention if we actually start singin their names out. e.g.:

"Stuart Dougal (or whoever happens to be the ref), you're a racist, you're a racist" (to the tune of "Andy Walker, you're a 'mod edit' "), or

"Lithuanians can't be fouled" (to the tune of "Are you watchin in...(etc.)"), or

"Equal rights for Jambos" (to the tune(?) of "You don't know what you're doin")

Archived