HAMPDEN CAR PARK

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

Taking the car on wednesday wanting to park in the stadium car park.

Is it first come or can you book a parking ticket.

No sure, but remember the last time we played Rangers in the CIS Mid week at Hampden.

Traffic cones all over the streets to force you into the pay "car parks". (mud which used to have grass on it) Plenty stewards guiding you in and collecting your money to park there before the game.

After the game.......No bugger there nd hudreds of cars trying to get out one exit onto a busy road. It was chaos. Robbin b@stards!

It took us longer getting out of the car park than it took for the journey home :sad:

Taking the car on wednesday wanting to park in the stadium car park.

Is it first come or can you book a parking ticket.

Not sure what ends we've been given but you could always park in the Adsa carpark across from Hampden. If your wanting out sharpish, and again depending on what part fo the ground we get, I'd be tempted to park up in Rutherglen and walk down to the ground.

Easier to get the hell out of Dodge!

The 'Celtic' end. So North.....I think.

The buses usually park in the industrial estate behind the pertol station on Aikenhead Road and Asdas on the Portormin Road. That would be for the North and east stands.

portobellojambo1
Not sure what ends we've been given but you could always park in the Adsa carpark across from Hampden. If your wanting out sharpish, and again depending on what part fo the ground we get, I'd be tempted to park up in Rutherglen and walk down to the ground.

Easier to get the hell out of Dodge!

Have been having a look at our club allocation and the tickets are for the following areas - East Stand and East Stand Family (the Celtic end) and the South Stand Upper and Lower (probably around the area Gretna had for the Cup Final), so would assume any Hearts traffic approaching the ground will be doing so from the Aitkenhead Road direction. There is plenty of free parking up that way if I remember rightly.

The following is from the Hampden website and is a Strathclyde Police message for Hearts fans taking their own cars -

PRIVATE TRANSPORT

Hearts supporters using private vehicles will have facilities to park within Polmadie playing fields, Polmadie Road, Glasgow (on payment of a small fee).

My reading of the parking instructions for the game suggests only Rangers coaches and private cars carrying Rangers fans will be allowed into the area behind the South Stand (the old main stand), but I may be wrong.

Have been having a look at our club allocation and the tickets are for the following areas - East Stand and East Stand Family (the Celtic end) and the South Stand Upper and Lower (probably around the area Gretna had for the Cup Final), so would assume any Hearts traffic approaching the ground will be doing so from the Aitkenhead Road direction. There is plenty of free parking up that way if I remember rightly.

The following is from the Hampden website and is a Strathclyde Police message for Hearts fans taking their own cars -

PRIVATE TRANSPORT

Hearts supporters using private vehicles will have facilities to park within Polmadie playing fields, Polmadie Road, Glasgow (on payment of a small fee).

Yeah, thats the same industrial area I was talking about. It's not too bad to get out of as the road goes virtually back on itself and end up at a cross roads at Prospecthill Road at the end of Rutherglen High Street. If you follow the Polmadie road round onto the Rutherglen road, then take a left at Shawfield Drive, you should be able to follow the road onto Dunn Street which brings you out to a junction on the London Road just down from Parkhead. Then its a quick drive along London Road to the roundabout for the M74 and your out of Dodge.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|hampden park, glasgow#t=l&map=55.82573,-4.24713|16|4&loc=GB:55.82373:-4.25355:17|mount annan drive, galsgow|Mount Annan Drive, Glasgow City, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland, G44 4

Archived