Disappointed....

tazhearts

I am disappointed that we have only managed to get shot of pospisil so far in the window. If we do end up signing a couple of players we will end up with more players at the end of January then we had at the start. This despite the generally accepted wisdom we have too many senior player and the squad need to be trimmed down. Trimming the squad would probably help the cohesion of the squad, reduced wage bill, free up spaces in reserves for younger players coming through.

Here's hoping we manage to get rid of a few more of our fringe players by Thursday.

Drylaw Hearts
I am disappointed that we have only managed to get shot of pospisil so far in the window. If we do end up signing a couple of players we will end up with more players at the end of January then we had at the start. This despite the generally accepted wisdom we have too many senior player and the squad need to be trimmed down. Trimming the squad would probably help the cohesion of the squad, reduced wage bill, free up spaces in reserves for younger players coming through.

Here's hoping we manage to get rid of a few more of our fringe players by Thursday.

I would rather wait until a Manager was appointed so he could decide who should stay and who should go.

My personal disappointment Taz is that we have not managed to bring in a manager yet. I honestly do not think that this side is all that bad. I certainly think that with the correct management it could get us back into the top six and threaten the top four. Have a big clear out in the summer, get rid of the many dud Kaunas players and bring in the players then.

I would rather wait until a Manager was appointed so he could decide who should stay and who should go.

On the whole i agree however we clearly have players who are not good enough and they should be empty regardless of who the manager will be IMO. I don't think we will get a "manager" anyway so it is pretty irrelevant.

Drylaw Hearts
On the whole i agree however we clearly have players who are not good enough and they should be empty regardless of who the manager will be IMO. I don't think we will get a "manager" anyway so it is pretty irrelevant.

Mmmm......

ToadKiller Dog

Bednar and the Bullet are as good as gone ,it looks as if Mole and makela will spend the rest of there hearts careers on loan unless a buyer comes in.Think kurskis wont be around much longer .Tall will go maybe not this window maybe summer.

By my reckoning we now have 28 senior players at the club. Whilst that is still too many and significantly more than most teams in the division, it is probably about the same as Rangers or Celtic (if anyone knows of a website where this can be verefide I'd be interested).

This 28 has included two long-term injury victims - Pinilla and McCann. It also includes a number of players who seem to be totally out of the picture - Ivaskevicius, Kurskis, Makela, Kancelskis. I don't think that size of squad is necessarily the barrier to team spirit that it once was. The problems came when we were constantly rotating the 22 players who were in the frame.

awadooningorgie2

It's all very well saying get rid - if players are under contract we need to honour that unless someone else wants them.

So basically no point in paying the same amount of cash instead of having them available in the squad.

Furthermore, I guess most contracts are renewable in the summer as opposed to winter transfer window.

Archived